“Top quality, top value”

Andaz London Liverpool Street
Ranked #123 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 July 2012

A fabulous historic hotel that has captured all of the magic of its majestic origins as the Great Eastern Railway Hotel. Was variously celebrated in the past as 'the only hotel to stay in The City'. Becase, simply, it was the only one! But it has not rested on its laurels. There are many other contributions that testify to its excellence, and I see no need to add to them. They are all true.

The management and staff here REALLY CARE. We were greeted by the porter at the door by our real names (how did they know that?). The check in lounge area was so cool - being offered complimentary refreshments while we waited to be checked in. Being introduced to our personal member of staff by name who would take every responsibility for ensuring we enjoyed our stay.

We ate at every one of their various restaurants. They were incredible - breakfast in that great dining room made us feel like Royalty! We only had one problem on our first day with lunch in the Eastway restaurant on Saturday lunchtime. The service was slow and the food not quite up to expectations. Subsequently, after we got home, the manager, Arnaud de Saint-Exupery, sent me a personal email apologising and offered us complimentary cocktails and tapas in their 1901 Wine Bar next time we were in London. God, it was no big deal for us, given the sheer excellence of everything else. But what a gesture - from the top man.

One night for two at £115 in the City at a weekend. Incredible value for money. My advise - don't stay in a hotel in the City of London in the week - do it at the weekend. The prices go through the floor.

This place is so good I can't rate it highly enough.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Thank you so much for the fantastic review following your recent stay with us and I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and in particular the level of service our staff provided. Thanks again and on behalf of the whole Andaz Team, I look forward to welcoming you back to Andaz in the near future. Best, Arnaud

Write a ReviewReviews (3,385)

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Really a great quality experience, pure trendiness and cosiness in the heart of the City. Fantastic when arriving late at Liverpool Street. I love the high ceilings, free minibar (for healthy stuff!) and gorgeous quiet hall...

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Thank you very much for the wonderful review following your stay here at Andaz Liverpool Street and so pleased you enjoyed your time with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to Andaz soon. Best, Arnaud

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Andaz Hotel is a great place to stay if you are doing business in the City area of London. Most offices are within 5-10 minutes cab ride and many are within walking distance. it is right off of the Liverpool Station, so simple to get around. Very trendy spacious rooms with cuddly beds. A pub, a champagne bar, a top class fish restaurant, free wine and treats in the afternoon and coffee in the innovative and hip lobby. Very relaxed atmosphere, especially when coming in from the bustling City atmosphere and a hard day's work. Simply an oasis!

When renovating the building, they found a fake wall hiding an old Masonic Temple which you should definitely ask to see! Did I say the staff was helpful? They're really amazing.

Room Tip: Many of the rooms are internal, so a few to a wall. The size of the room can make up for this if yo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank watergirlMichele

Thank you so much for your fantastic comments and in particular about our wonderful team here. I'm also pleased to read you discovered our "secret" Masonic Temple which is certainly not what you would expect finding in a hotel so we're quite lucky to have it. I look forward to welcoming you back to Andaz soon. Best, Arnaud

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Stayed here quite a few times now, and each visit never disappoints.

The rooms are great in the hotel, up to the usual Andaz standard.

The location is great. Not being in the touristy part of town is part of the allure, as you have a whole part of London to explore that you likely wouldn't get to.

Tower of London and Bridge, Millennium Bridge and Tate Modern and St.Pauls all a short walk. Great bars and restaurants abound.

Don't miss the George for good choice of beer, and the full English breakfast in Eastway - one of the best I've ever had.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing to stay here at Andaz Liverpool Street and I am pleased you have stayed with us a few times now. I am thrilled to read all your wonderful comments. The location is certainly great as we are in the most authentic part of the city and only a short walk to the vibrant East London. I hope to see you again very soon. Best, Arnaud

Reviewed 16 July 2012

My least favorite thing about this hotel is that it feels like a maze. Service is good. Rooms are clean and comfortable but not "homey".

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments and I am pleased to read you were impressed by the level of service our team provided. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Andaz in the near future. Best, Arnaud

Reviewed 16 July 2012

We stayed at the hotel for a whole weekend for both business and leisure. The rooms are fitted to a very high standard, modern and clean (not many London properties offer a clean room, even in the highest categories). I really like the calm music at reception and Anna, our concierge, was extremely pleasant and knowledgeable.

We were on a high-floor and there was little noise. I did not like the fact that I could not open the windows, but I suppose this is an American thing. The complimentary minibar for all non-alcoholic beverages is great, as is free wifi and the bathroom toiletries. The bed was comfortable and the entire room had a welcoming feel.

The hotel is very sleek and offers several food venues. Eastway offers food of somewhat mixed quality and some staff had no clue about the dinner and stay package of the hotel. But all were very eager to please.

1901 is a mixed bag. Not all staff are polished enough to make this restaurant stand out and some had no idea about what it is they are plating up. The restaurant itself is very nice and the food is very good at very resonable rates. Again, I would say that they are getting there. They are polite and eager, but may need that Hyatt finishing touch which is missing at the moment.

The night receptionist - well, the person really was the only sore point here. When approached about booking a car for a guest of ours, I was told that they don't do that, I have to go to the street (at 2am) and try my luck myself. Extremely unhelpful, extremely rude for a five star. When I asked whether they could book an Addisson Lee for us with an ipad app (bearing in mind that the Hyatt's only work on iPads), I was told that was impossible and that the cars would never show up. Both statements are factually incorrect. So, I as a guest at a five star hotel, had to go to my room, start the computer, download the app and organise a car myself, which then promptly arrived ten minutes later. That receptionist/concierge needs to go back to the drawing board and get much more training in front of house services. Really annoyed me how unhelpful she was.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Critical_Mind

Thank you very much for choosing to stay here at Andaz Liverpool Street and I am thrilled that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your comment on Anna which I will pass on to her. All windows in every room that overlook a busy street are required to be blocked by the local authority however you can ask Guest Services to open it for you if you wish. I apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the taxi arrangements late at night and please rest assured this does not reflect the usual level of service we provide and it will be addressed with the team. Thank you for your other comments, we will make sure to review them internally. In the meantime, I look forward to welcoming you back to Andaz very soon. Best wishes, Arnaud

Reviewed 16 July 2012

I have stayed in many of the top hotels in London but this one is definately topping my list for a number of reasons:

1. Staff were excellent - nothing was too much trouble and there is always someone in reception to help
2. Room was lovely and by far the largest I have had in London
3. The location is brilliant - it is so easy to get almost anywhere in London from Liverpool Street or alternatively there are loads of taxis very nearby.
4. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in at a hotel

We had a fabulous stay and will certainly be back!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments following you recent stay with us. I am so pleased to read Andaz Liverpool Street is for you the best hotel in London and we can't wait to welcome you back. Best wishes, Arnaud