“A New Favorite”

Ranked #122 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Chicago, Illinois
“A New Favorite”
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights in September and loved every aspect of this hotel. It's now one of my all time favorites!

From the start to finish the staff here is exemplary - typically formal, all quite pleasant and warm. I love the Andaz concept of no front desk - after a long day and a long flight, it was nice to sit down for a minute while being checked in. My host Greg could not have been nicer or more charming - he made conversation and told me about the hotel.

My room was a corner king bedded room on the 3rd floor - it had high ceilings, large picture windows, and was styled very simply. I love the free mini-bar that Andaz is known for - mine was completely stocked with soda, juice, and local water. I ate from room service twice, at George Pub, and had drinks at 1901 - all fantastic (especially my made to order dinner salad from Room Service).

Overall, I was very impressed with this hotel's style and service. Even though Shoreditch can be a sleepy area on the weekends, it would be worth it to stay here considering all the extras (free mini-bar, free wifi) and amenities (5 restaurants, a big gym) this hotel has.

Room Tip: My room was a large, corner room at the end of a long hallway (#326).
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Thank you for sharing such fantastic feedback from recent stay with us. It is great to hear the hotel is now one of your favourites to head to and that you enjoy the Andaz concept so much. I really appreciate hearing the comments on the top service you received throught the hotel and in particular from your Andaz Host Greg, we will be sure to share your review with him. We look forward to welcoming you back to Andaz again soon! Best wishes, Arnaud.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2012

We stayed here for few nights and loved our stay very much. As other reviewer already mentioned the staff here are lovely and attentive, they offered refreshments as soon as we arrived and everyone we encountered was always willing to help. The bedroom is amazing, bathroom spotless and the bed very comfortable - plenty of soft drinks are complimentary in the mini bar and you also get free telephone calls and wifi. The food in the 1901 restaurant was excellent and the service again attentive. I would recommend anyone staying here to use the Andaz E-Host ( the online planner / concierge ) to request any special item ( like an ipod in the room) or to book a spa. Highly recommended if you need to stay near Liverpool street area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share the feedback from your recent stay with us at Andaz Liverpool Street. I am really so pleased to read such fantastic comments, particularly on the service you received from our team. This review will be forwarded to all of our team and we certainly hope to welcome you again in the near future. Best wishes, Arnaud.
australia
Reviewed 4 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed here 4 nights. We booked it as a secret hotel on wotif . I'm usually sitting on trip advisor reading a million reviews and this time we didn't have time and just took pot luck!
We couldn't have been luckier.
Very close to Liverpool tube station which made getting there easy even with two small children.
Check in was friendly.. In fact during our whole 4 nights we never encountered any unhelpful staff. They couldn't do enough for you. Nothing was a problem from getting pants altered to getting a baby sitter so we could see a show! Thanks to Emma our babysitter our children loved her.

Rooms where extremely clean and were a good size for London. Beds comfortable. A nice touch is non alcoholic drinks and snacks are complimentary.
We found the breakfast staff to be extremely friendly and accommodating. One particular man was fantastic with our two children. Something I'd never expect but he had a genuine love for children and was more then helpful!
Even our last morning we were in a rush and a lovelly gentlemen packed us a a few items . We arrived late with only ten min remaining of breakfast.. Just nice touches like that when it was not expected or asked by us..

I'd definitely return to this hotel without a doubt. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share such fantastic feedback from your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to read how much you enjoyed your time with us at Andaz Liverpool Street, and in particular the top level of service you received throughout the hotel. I will be sure to pass your comments onto our team who consistently do such a great job. We hope to welcome you again on your next travels to London. Best wishes, Arnaud.
Huddersfield
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Attention to detail is taken to the extreme at the Andaz. The Staff are always pushing to go the extra mile for you in an effortless way and without sounding false too; which is quite attentive and reassuring. Rooms and other areas immaculate and I vow any of the Forte Dynasty to inspect this fine example of a Hyatt! Restaurant evening meal and breakfast both outstanding- well done Kitchen Brigade! I have to say i'm still in love with the aroma in this Hotel...(sad) but very relaxing and wish my home smelt the same! What would I change here? Nothing really but for the price- there are better value hotels in London at a much lower cost, without compromise on any of the Andaz quality. That said, I'm sure I'll return. 10/10 well done!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Malc C
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Thank you very much for your review. I am absolutely thrilled to read you have enjoyed all of your stays with us and most importantly that you have consistently been impressed by our fantastic team. I will certainly forward your review to everyone here. Thank you also for the great comments on the restaurants. Thanks again and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Andaz Liverpool Street in the near future. Best, Arnaud.
Oldmeldrum, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This has become a firm favourite after only one visit!

We were in London for a long weekend visiting family and it was sheer luck that I stumbled on the Andaz online. It was everything it promised, from courteous and knowledgeable staff to stylish and comfortable rooms.

The bars were great, full of atmosphere and what can I say about the restaurant 1901? The food was beautiful. It tasted as good as it looked.

We will definitely come back next time we are down in London. Amazing value for money!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us so much and that Andaz Liverpool Street has become your favourite hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to Andaz Liverpool Street very soon. Best, Arnaud
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Having had to make a last minute change, my family and I were pleasantly surprised and impressed by The Andaz. Staff very friendly and the room design and cleanliness were certainly worthy of a 5 star rating.

I was also impressed with the mini bar being complimentary (not the alcohol but thats okay) and free wi-fi.

Will be back next visit to London"!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so much for the fantastic comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read our team impressed you and I will be sure to forward your comments to them. On behalf of the whole Andaz Team, I look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Best, Arnaud.
Egham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times since it opened. The location is excellent but my stays have varied from awful to very good. Fortunately this was one of the very good ones. We were upgraded to a suite at checkin, which was very quick, and taken to our room. Mid size suite with King bed in quiet part of the hotel. There was a plate of coconut sweets and pineapple as well as a bottle or red wine and jars of snacks and sweets. Very good nights sleep and enjoyed breakfast in Eastway which is much better IMO to the buffet breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for sharing the comments following your most recent stay with us. Although pleased you were happy with your most recent stay with us, I am sorry to read you have not always had the same opinion from your other stays and I will make sure to share your feedback with the rest of the team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Andaz Liverpool Street in the near future. Best, Arnaud.