“Fabulous Hotel”

Ranked #116 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Motherwell, Scotland
“Fabulous Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

We stayed here for one night while we were in London and absolutely loved it! The location is fantastic, very easy to get to by public transport.

Room was fab, not huge but perfectly adequate- who goes to London to sit in the loo!?

We were lucky to have fantastic weather the weekend we went and the hotel was perfectly air conditioned.

We had a few drinks in the pub across the road- very reasonably priced! Fab wine for the price. We booked dinner at The Hawksmoor about 10 minutes walk away. The walk was throught the 'city' and at around 7 on a Friday night was desolate. We worried the restaurant would be quiet but thats couldn't be further from the truth! The restaurant was fantastic and worth going to London just for the rib-eye and onion rings alone!!!

We didn't have any problems with noise in the hotel, no problems with the 'waterworks' as some others have reported. Breakfast was the best breakfast I have ever had in the hotel- sausages to die for!!!!! I was so impressed- especially to see seasonal rhubarb out with the fresh fruit.

We love this hotel, it is now our new favourite in London (we usually go to The May Fair) and we can't wait to visit again and also visit some other Andaz's.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 8 October 2012
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. I am thrilled to read all of your comments about your recent stay with us and delighted Andaz Liverpool Street is your new favourite hotel to stay while in London. I’ll make sure to pass your comments onto the rest of the team. In the meantime, I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best, Arnaud.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

You will not regret your stay at this hotel. We only were here 2 nights on a layover to another destination. We wanted to see this part of London. You will not have a better stay anywhere else. Right next door to the subway station makes for easy access to any part of the city. We were within walking distance to the Tower of London and the Tower Bridge.
What makes this hotel is the staff. From the doorman to the bartender in George's, they all excel. Kelly showed us to our room, made recommendations on where to eat and what to see. She also showed us the hidden Masonic Temple. It's a must do. She especially showed exceptional hospitality.
What is also nice are the little extras, the juice in the mini fridge, the wine and appetizers in the lobby in the evening and in the morning we were able to grab a coffee and pastry at the coffee bar before running out to catch our plane.
We ate at George's and the Mac and cheese with bacon was so good my husband ordered it the next night for room service:)

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your fantastic review and I am so pleased you were so satisfied with your recent stay here at Andaz Liverpool Street. Thank you for your lovely comments on our team, I’ll make sure to share your feedback with everyone here. The location is certainly great due to being only walking distance from the main historical sites but also only a 5 minute walk away from the vibrant areas of Shoreditch and Hoxton. Thanks also for your comments on the complimentary amenities and the food in George pub! Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Andaz Liverpool Street very soon. Best, Arnaud
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

What a great hotel.
Perfect location. Staff friendly and very helpful.
Rooms are very spacious and well equipped.
Hip place to be hanging out In The evening with many great outlets to eat and drink at.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room with street facing windows
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Thanks for the great comments following your recent stay with us. I am so pleased you had such an enjoyable experience here at Andaz Liverpool Street and I very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Best, Arnaud
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

We came to the Andaz on a hectic business trip. We were only staying 2 nights and I wish I could have stayed longer. From check in to check out everything ran efficiently and with great ease and grace. The staff is welcoming, calm and helpful. I had a few moments to kill between meetings and one of the reception staff gave e a quick tour of this suprising property that had something for everyone smart brasserie dining, classic pub, champagne bar, elegant fine dining, japanese cuisine and a beautiful seafood restaurant all under one roof. The masonic temple space is a must see part of the property. If I lived in town or had to host an event this is one of the first places I would try to secure!

The rooms were large for a standard London hotel, modern, clean well appointed. Many great comforts were offered en suite and throughout the hotel. This is one of the best hotels in "The City" and we will return to the Andaz. I am grateful we booked this hotel.

Room Tip: The room they gave me was quiet and truly suited my every need. I am unsure if there is a bad room...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your review. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay here at Andaz Liverpool Street and most importantly that you were impressed by the level of service our staff provided you with. I’m also pleased to read you were shown our beautiful Masonic Temple which is quite unique and we certainly feel very lucky to have such an amazing room part of the hotel. Thank you once again and on behalf of the whole Andaz Team, I look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Best, Arnaud
Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

Stayed as base for travelling into the west end for a friends birthday party , ideally located for getting back to Essex if you are travelling from this direction. Rooms lovely including complimentary juice, bottles of water and cookies from the mini bar. Bed very comfortable. Only minimal complaint was the tv kept freezing on whatever system it is fed through but this was not a massive issue as was only there for a short time and used to get ready and sleep in, having said that good choice of channels including some sky sports channels if you are wanting this during your stay! Would go again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Thanks a lot for your great comments. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found it easy to access the hotel as it is indeed located just by Liverpool Street station so it is very easy to travel in and out of London. Thanks for your comments on the tv which is unusual since all our tv’s are brand new so we will review this internally. Thanks again and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Andaz Liverpool Street very soon. Best, Arnaud
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

This is a lovely hotel. The check in experience is unusual but relaxing, sitting with a glass of wine beats standing in a queue.
We only had a brief stop over so did not make use of all facilities. The staff were very polite and attentive. The room was lovely a good size with the usual touches but things like complimentary juices, water and nibbles are nice extras. Breakfast in the room in the morning was probably the best i have had in a hotel from delivery, content and presentation. Check out was easy with express check out and subsequently accurate.
If I had one critisim it was a lack of hotel bar. The adjoining, easily accessed bars and restaurants were varied and had visual appeal. We enjoyed the lively atmosphere in "Catch" they all however are public venues and we like to have a hotel bar that you can sit in until late without being surrounded by the passing trade, which on a Friday night in the city can be quite lively.
Overall we loved our stay and I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to treat themselves for the weekend.

Stayed September 2012
Thanks for sharing the great comments following your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read you enjoyed the check-in experience as well as the complimentary amenities in the room. Thanks also for the lovely comment about breakfast you ordered from room service, I will make sure to share your comments with the team. Thanks also for the other comments which we will review internally. Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Andaz Liverpool Street very soon. Best, Arnaud
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

My husband and I have just enjoyed a wonderful weekend in London staying at the Andaz. We had chosen the hotel on the recommendation of my sister who has stayed in one in New York .The hotel was absolutely fabulous and the staff first class. I think it is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in.The effortless check in with light refreshment was an absolute winner. A complimentary upgrade was much appreciated and despite it being an inside facing room it was quiet and oh so comfortable.Lovely touches like the free mini bar, a wonderful bed and beautiful bed linen.Sunday morning came all too quickly and my husband and I were (probably for the first time ever) both reluctant to leave this luxurious and peaceful haven.A huge THANK YOU to all the wonderful staff .No matter how beautiful the fabric of a hotel - it doesn't work without good staff.The Andaz have achieved on both counts.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
I am so pleased you chose to stay here at Andaz Liverpool Street following your sister’s recommendation. I am thrilled you enjoyed your time with us and will make sure to forward to comments to the rest of the team. In the meantime, I look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Best, Arnaud