“Lovely night's stay”

Andaz London Liverpool Street
Ranked #125 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We just stayed here last weekend. My husband dealt with the check-in before I met him in the lobby and he said it was a very smooth process. We were shown to our spacious standard room by a man named Ruben who showed us the room features and the bathroom.

From reading other Trip Advisor reviews, we expected the bathroom to be noisy in advance and Ruben explained that bathrooms at the Andaz use the same plumbing technology as on airplanes as the building is on top of Liverpool St station so the water must be pumped up instead of draining down. I must admit the noise from the sink and the loo was a bit annoying but really nothing to get your knickers in a twist about.

The bed was super comfy, the decor was sleek and super clean, the free soft drinks and snacks in the minibar were a nice touch. There some good little details such as including a hairband with the shower-cap so you can avoid wet hair. Was a bit disappointed the hotel pub called last orders at 11 on a Friday night. But the surrounding area is really vibrant so if you want a late night, it's not a problem.

The staff were courteous and the tiny blonde lady who got our stored-luggage for us on Saturday evening was very helpful. I'd definitely return.

Tip: wasn't sure which exit to take from Liverpool St Station to get to the hotel. The easiest way is to go up the escalator and exit the station turning left. Otherwise take the Broadgate exit.

Room Tip: We had an indoor facing room on the 4th floor - it was quiet as the grave.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
ArnauddeSaintExupery, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

It was great to read your feedback here and we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay. We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
With my best regards, Arnaud

Write a ReviewReviews (3,385)

Reviewed 6 February 2013

Grand hotel offering a superlative service from check-in to check-out, spacious rooms, hi-tech facilities, fab restaurants (try 'Catch' fish restaurant), '1901' for fine dining, 'Eastway' and Miyako for delicate Japanese cuisine (in fact try all of them!), impressive gym facilities, tranquil secluded inner courtyard with soothing music and invigorating scent. Personalised service from Paco whilst checking-in who pointed out all the products and services available within the hotel, lovely staff caring and attentive without being obtrusive, loved the room service and of course the complimentary minibar selection and wi-fi (speedy and robust). City location ideal for the Shoreditch fashionistas and business travellers alike, thumbs up all round. Well done to the Andaz crew and Hyatt Hotels for this spectacular gem of a hotel.

1  Thank Lionel B
ArnauddeSaintExupery, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and you may rest assured that your kind comments will be shared with the whole team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon. With my best wishes, Arnaud

Reviewed 5 February 2013

great big rooms, minimalist but tasteful decoration, great restaurants and bars, trendy place to get an afterwor drink. Great check in procedure, and personalized attention. Located in Liverpool Street, great for business in The City

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Thank you very much for your review and for the great comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read you enjoyed the concept which is unique to Andaz and most importantly the attentive level of service provided by our team. On behalf on the whole Andaz Team, I look forward to welcoming you back to Andaz Liverpool Street in the near future. Best wishes, Arnaud

Reviewed 1 February 2013

My wife and I stayed at the London Andaz in early January and as in the past the staff and hotel continues to impress. The staff was attentive and the room comfortable. We used in room dinning for dinner one night and they exceeded our expectations.
Made for a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
Important. We like the Andaz concept which is not your usual hotel experience. Their is no "check in desk" and no concierge. the managers fulfill that and more. Definitely works for us.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the wonderful review following your most recent stay with us. I am so pleased to read you continue to enjoy your time every time you stay with us. Most importantly, thank you for the great comments on our fantastic team, I will make sure to share your review with everyone. In the meantime, I look forward to welcoming you back to Andaz Liverpool Street very soon. Best wishes, Arnaud

Reviewed 30 January 2013

Booked myself this as a Birthday night out in London and it really hit the spot. Yes I have had bigger hotel rooms, but it was hardly small either. Lots of nice freebies in the fridge (non alcoholic) and there is a help yourself area in the foyer but I never got to use it as we hit the cocktail bar and town. Check in is charming - no desk, just ipads and you are offered a seat and a drink - it may get chaotic when it is busy though!
Had cocktails in the stunning bar - there are a number of different eating and drinking spaces, all with different characters, much unspoilt Victoriana among the modern refit. None of it is cheap but if the cocktails are anything to go by the quality is high. Anyway this is not a hotel for scrimping even though I got an amazing price via a certain website. Views across the station roof to me were extraordinary and it is so close to all your transport needs and all that is cool in the Spitalfields area. I have said very good value based on the price I got - it would be average otherwise but there is always a deal if you are canny!

Room Tip: I loved the view across the station roof tops but you may prefer a side street . I think I had a sli...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for choosing Andaz for your Birthday treat last month. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed the Andaz experience and that you were able to appreciate historical parts of our beautiful building. We look forward to welcoming you back to Andaz again soon. With my best wishes, Arnaud

Reviewed 30 January 2013 via mobile

A great hotel, located in The City of London next to a major subway hub so excellent location, impeccable service, had an issue with my credit card when I arrived for check in but was still allowed to while the matter was resolved so I didn't have to sit in the lobby like a beggar lol, suite was modern and funky but understandably small as it is a very old building, so the bathroom was particularly tight, but extremely well appointed nonetheless. Last but not least, reasonable price for a London hotel of this quality.

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you very much for your review and lovely comments following your recent stay here at Andaz Liverpool Street. I’ll make sure to share your review with the rest of the team. In the meantime, I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best wishes, Arnaud

Reviewed 30 January 2013

I've hesitated a few seconds between giving this hotel 4 or 5 stars. Despite racking my brain I can't find anything to bicker about. Welcome on the lobby was friendly, coffee was offered and the staff told me I would have to wait a few minutes as they had other guests checking in. Simple but efficient as there's nothing worse than being ignored and feeling invisible.

My room was big compared to similar hotels in the category and the place is rather quiet. The hotel is modern and well designed but it has still generates good vibes and it is not "cold design". Service from the staff was really great and I'll gladly come back.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay here at Andaz Liverpool Street and for taking the time to share your review following your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that overall you had a pleasant stay with us and that you were also impressed by the level of service provided by our great team. Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Best wishes, Arnaud