“A gem”

Ranked #124 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Dublin, Ireland
“A gem”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I booked this hotel last minute as I wanted to be close to the Brick Lane area and I was so pleasantly surprised! Check in was hi-tech and efficient, rooms are fab with all comforts incl. complimentary soft drinks. The decor is very modern and feels very newly decorated. The whole place smells spa-like, divine. For our purposes, it was perfectly located. Highly recommend!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share this amazing feedback with us. We are so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and the overall Andaz concept and experience. We hope your travels bring you back to Andaz Liverpool Street again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York, NY
Reviewed 13 October 2013

If you're staying in the financial area, this is a top-notch hotel. Very comfortable generous-sized rooms, real gym, attentive and helpful staff. Efficiently run and great location right at Liverpool Street station.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing the feedback regarding your recent stay at Andaz Liverpool Street. We are delighted to know how much you enjoyed the service, hotel facilities and location and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon to Andaz.
Cos Cob, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I cannot say enough good things about the Andaz Liverpool Street. The hotel is new, very interestingly designed, immaculately clean, and very conveniently located steps away from Liverpool station. Lots of wonderful restaurants are nearby (I suggest Bishopgate's Kitchen) and the Tower of London and Tower Bridge are both within walking distance.

The STAFF makes the difference at this hotel. They honestly could not be more terrific and go out of their way to welcome you and help when they can with whatever is needed. One morning, the hotel had no water (not their fault) - the manager of the hotel himself came to see me to apologize!

While it's not cheap, this hotel is worth the splurge and I can't WAIT to stay there again when I return to London.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
TimFlodin, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us. It is always encouraging to read comments such as yours especially when it is regarding our staff. Also you have mentioned staying during the time when we were experiencing problems with the water mains supply and I am glad to hear your compliment regarding how this was handled. Once again on behalf of all of us here, thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcome you back again soon. With warm regards, Tim.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Oh well. I thought it would be quite fascinating. The receptionist was confused who came in first (You will see why if you come into the hotel. They don't have a proper check-in desk). People try to cut in queue to check in first. Some got served with free drinks, while the other was whining up and suffering from the thirst. My room.... The cleaning lady obviously used too much of aerosol, so I had to open the door for a while. When I took a shower, I found water from upstairs was leaked, so I had to change the room. The receptionist said the guy upstairs turned on the tap and forgot as he was watching football. Obviously. The staff is very kind and professional but FOOD is usually HORRIBLE (Too salty). Its location is not recommended for the travellers and family. Very hectic and dirty. The Japanese restaurant called Miyako ran by some Korean guy is actually very impressive. Best value for what it is in London. I won't go back there again.

Room Tip: Stay here if you'd like to stick to Gold Passport program.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank B J
Dear B J, thank you for your feedback here regarding your stay with us at the Andaz Liverpool Street. Whilst you mentioned that the food in Miyako was very good, we were sad to hear that overall your experience did not live up to your expectations. With regards to the area, most travellers chose to stay here for the many advantages of the up-coming, quirky locale placed on the boundaries of the financial district and the art, media and fashion companies dotted around. We were sorry to read about your experience upon arrival, rest assured that we are working on improving this. Once again thank you for your time and your loyalty and we are hoping to welcome you back again in the future. With kind regards, Tim.
Shipton under Wychwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We booked a night here in the summer through Secret Escapes and was good value for a Saturday night stay in Central London. We had a huge room with a great bathroom, breakfast was very good with a nice selection in a lovely room.

We have also stayed at the Andaz in West Hollywood and whilst this doesn't offer the same great views or rooftop pool, it does still have the same great design features and touches we like in addition to complimentary non alcoholic mini bar with snacks.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us here at the Andaz. Also I am glad you have mentioned staying at our property in West Hollywood and I do hope that you will seek out the brand for your travels as you seem to like the character and ambience we provide.
We look forward to welcome you back soon. With best regards, Tim.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The Andaz Hotel can seem like your usual business hotel but don't knock it til you tried it! Ideally located next to Liverpool Street Station (seconds from it) and Brick lane, Spitafields and all that East London has to offer, the Andaz is the perfect hotel for a city break. The service was impeccable. The staff was nice and quite funny I might add, the man who checked me in was very friendly. The bed was comfortable and the room was much bigger than I expected for a hotel in London!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for choosing to stay with Andaz. On behalf of all of us, thank you for the kind comments about our hotel and service experienced. We too very much enjoy this part of town, just as you have mentioned and are looking forward to welcome you back again soon. With kind regards, Tim.
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I came by car and would strongly advise against this. With the satnav it took me literally an hour to et t the hotel as there were several roads which you couldn't cross that the satnav relied on. At some point I parked my car in a street and went looking for the hotel by foot. I found it and then they came with me to the car to valet park it for me (book in advance, £40 per 24 hours). When I finally found the hotel, staff was very friendly and explained the format of not having a reception but a lounge where staff walked around and checked you in with iPads. Free drinks and snacks were available in the lounge, which was modern and had coloured lights.
The building looks like an old museum and in the corridors rooms are placed in a row. The room was small. There was a modern TV, a desk, comfortable bed, minibar which was completely complementary, coffee and tea facilities. The bathroom had fairly nice toiletries. I found hairs here and there and the carpet had a few stains that seemed recent (I dropped my earring on the floor so happened to examine this thoroughly).
There are several restaurants, but I opted for room service. This came quickly and was of good quality, nice food indeed (although not too many vegetarian options).
The bed was comfortable, but there was a noise that kept me awake for hours at night. This seemed to come from the floor above and sounded like some kind of flaw in the building combined with wind or something. It kept going on until the morning every several minutes. I didn't find this acceptable and even with earplugs I couldn't sleep because of it. Otherwise the room was surprisingly silent (given the location).
Breakfast was in a separate building. The breakfast was the best I've had in a long time with delicious quality of the items. Check-out was quick. I was asked about my comments and I mentioned the noise. Apologies were offered, but nothing else. I also received an email from the manager apologising and offering an upgrade next time.
For my car to be retrieved I had to warn the staff half an hour in advance so they could go and get it. Surely it will be easier to stay in this hotel by public transport.
The valet parking personell was again very friendly (Thomas), as were the ladies that were taking care of checking in and out.
As this is a very pricey hotel I'm not sure I'd stay here again and risk the noise, although the manager has promised an upgrade. Possibly if a cheaper rate was offered I might consider it more easily as the rates are really at the high end of what I'm allowed to use for work.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank squizz20
Thank you for sharing your feedback here regarding your recent stay at the Andaz. I am glad to hear that you have found our staff to be friendly and that you have enjoyed the breakfast. It really speaks for itself when you remember someones name, such as our Thomas. On the other hand the noise you have experienced seems to be related to our plumbing and we are taking measures to improve on this. You have mentioned that one of our managers has reached out and it would be great if you can reply to that email when you next plan to visit and surely we will be able make arrangements to accommodate you. For now, once again thank you for your time and we hope to see you back again. With my best personal regards, Tim.