“Excellent business stay”

Andaz London Liverpool Street
Ranked #125 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is the fourth time during the past four years I am staying here with my office colleagues for our regular meetings in London. Location itself is superb, closer to the business hub and Liverpool street station. Staff is excellent, very attentive and always proactive for help. Room and all others are fantastic.

Room Tip: Really enjoy the rooms facing the Liverpool street station.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Tim F, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, we are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed the facilities and especially the service of our staff. I wanted to take this chance to thank you for your loyalty to Andaz and the brand and hope to welcome you soon again to our hotel. Kind regards, Tim

Write a ReviewReviews (3,374)

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I knew it was going to be a great hotel when they allowed me to check in at 9:15 am (instead of 3 pm) as our overnight flight landed early. This enabled me to freshen up and leave the luggage before a day of meetings.
There is no 'check in' desk per se, any associate can check you in on a notebook they roam with. They are also helpful with directions, logistics etc. There is always someone to greet you when you arrive and when you depart.
The room was spotless (the bathrooms were the cleanest bathrooms I've ever experienced in a hotel - - you could ALMOST eat in there!), the bed and pillows extremely comfortable (there's a menu to order pillows to your liking), and the non-alcoholic beverages and snacks are complimentary. Electric adapters to accommodate US version cell phones/blackberry's are provided and Wifi is free. It was comforting to be offered a newspaper delivered each morning. The only thing that was a bit odd was that, in room 323, the hairdryer is stored inside the flip top desk, not in the bathroom.
The property is an elegant blend of historic hotel property with a hip, updated vibe.
It is half a block from the Liverpool tube stop. The London tube seemed like the NYC subway only much cleaner. For me, the tube was faster than the cab ride I took. It's very easy to navigate with clear signage which prevents foreigners from getting lost.
I can't say enough nice things about my stay here. I'd highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time and review your recent stay with us at Andaz Liverpool Street. We are thrilled to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your Andaz experience and most importantly that you would recommend our hotel for future stays. We very much appreciate the great comments about our beautiful hotel and especially the staff who do a brilliant job every day. We hope to see you soon again at Andaz. Kind regards, Tim

Reviewed 24 January 2014

This has become my go-to hotel in London, with a great location right next to Liverpool Street station. With Spitalfields and Shoreditch within walking distance, there are a good number of restaurants and shops nearby during the evenings and weekends (even if the City is empty, given that it is very close to the financial district).

The staff is tremendously attentive and I have always been impressed with recommendations for restaurants and shops from the team. While there is no lounge, it was nice to have complimentary soft drinks in the room and I love the lemongrass scent bath products that they have in the rooms. The bathrooms are a bit strange, as the bathtub is quite narrow and high and the shower is a bit confusing. I also found the water-saving vacuum of the toilet to be a bit odd.

The breakfast buffet at 1901 is very tasty, with some great options of all the fixins of a full English, multiple juices, all kinds of bread, pastries, cheese and cold cuts. The layout of the hotel is a bit strange, but I find the decor charming and it's neat to see that many of the rooms are very different. I have been very impressed with this hotel in terms of both the amenities as well as the staff here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Thank you so much for naming Andaz Liverpool Street your hotel of choice for London, we highly appreciate the great comments on both our facilities but especially the staff which was able to make your stay even more memorable. We will ensure to share your feedback with our team and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Tim

Reviewed 24 January 2014

We spent five nights at the Andaz over Christmas and could not have enjoyed the stay more. After arriving on an early flight, we were warmly greeted by the staff who provided us with a place to freshen up before heading out for the day. The warmth of the staff stood out throughout the entire stay. Even on Christmas, when no one wants to work, the staff were friendly and seemed genuinely happy to be there. The suite was quirky but very nice. It was done in reds, whites, and blacks with a white subway tiled bathroom. There was a bit of noise from the vacuum drainage system and the room above, but nothing that anyone living in a city like NY or London would not expect now and again, particularly from a building of that age. The room had a Nespresso machine, a minibar, and snacks. The minibar is complementary except for alcohol. The breakfast was served in the Eastway Restaurant for three mornings and the 1901 for two. Although we enjoyed the elegance of 1901, we actually liked dining in the Eastway better because of the windows facing the street. The quality of the food was excellent, pastries fresh, good selection of English, American, and continental fare. We also ate one evening in Eastway, which is more casual, and the food was tasty then as well. We ducked into George and the Champagne Bar, but it was late so we didn't stay and they were closed after that for the holidays. Both were jumping and looked like a good time. The lobby was nice in the usual Andaz way. They commissioned a local artist to decorate for the holidays so everything was Christmas monkeys. I honestly didn't get the connection between Christmas and monkeys, but that's not the fault of the hotel and it nevertheless was fun and kitchy. They had theme snacks in the lobby each evening like banana bread, banana chips, and mulled wine. There is also a little enclave with a table and drinks for people to relax. These types of little extras are, in my opinion, what sets Andaz out as a brand. Many compare it to the W, but I don't like the W because it's all form over function and, frankly, I find the staff to be pretentious unless you are a svelte 28 year old dressed in all black. The Andaz has a better balance of form and function, effectively melding style with usability, and I have always felt like a valued guest during my stays. The Liverpool property was no different. The area is very central and very convenient. There are a number of good pubs nearby and the Liverpool station is next door. Having a major station there ensures cabs are always available.

I would return in a London minute, mostly because of the hotel's staff and excellent facilities and services, all of which reflect the quality of the hotel's management.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your lovely words and extensive review. I am convinced that it will also be appreciated by other travellers coming to London. On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write it and for your loyalty towards our brand and hotel, which is not taken for granted. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and especially the service which I will make sure to pass onto the team. We look forward to seeing you soon again at Andaz Liverpool Street. Kind regards, Tim

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel at least ten times in last three years as a business traveler. The location is great. It is right on liverpool street station. This station has a few tube trains connecting, so it is a relatively central if you want to get around London. The station also is great for taking regional trains as a lot of the regional trains originate and end at this station.
The staff at the hotel is really attentive though the lobby is somewhat non existent. The restaurants in the hotel are decent but the Champagne bar gets loud which I am not complaining about. Given this is a business hotel, all restaurants are closed on the weekend, which is a shame.

Room Tip: Select a room on higher floors as there is lot of street noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

On behalf of our team I would like to thank you for this fantastic review and your kind words about Andaz Liverpool Street. It was a true pleasure having you as our guest. I would also like to thank you for your trust and loyalty towards our hotel. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the location at Liverpool Street station and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you soon again. Kind regards, Tim

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I spent two nights at the Andaz in January 2014 and it was a great experience. The hotel is very close to Liverpool Street station, so the transport links are excellent, but my room was extremely quiet. I was there for the weekend, so whilst the City was dead and the hotel quiet, we were only a short walk from Spitalfields and Brick Lane.

The room was massive and the bed extremely comfy, check in was smooth and all the the service extremely polite and efficient. The breakfast was delicious - the food is extremely high quality, there's tons of it and the dining room is absolutely beautiful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for this great review, it made our reading that your Andaz experience was practically perfect in every way. It was wonderful to see that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel from the food to the guest rooms, it was also pleasing to see that you felt the service we offer met your expectations. We hope to have the privilege to welcome you back to Andaz during your next visit to London. Kind regards, Tim

Reviewed 18 January 2014

First the gripe. Arriving back from the theatre at 23.00 on a Thursday night there was nowhere we could get a quiet relaxing drink. The Champagne Bar was open until 01.00 but was dreadfully and unbearably and raucously noisy. We were directed to the bar areas of other restaurants in the hotel, but they couldn't serve us because they were booked for functions. This would put us off staying again - nowhere for a quiet moment we thought. However Andaz reception staff reacted beautifully and found us a glass of wine or two in the quiet lobby area. That resolved our problem nicely. Our room was spacious and the bed and quilt were super. But it is the outgoing staff, whether room attendants or reception that make this a five star experience. Amazing to have you name remembered. Great to have the door staff looking to help. Wonderful to have a nice conversation with the team member who remembered that we'd been to the theatre and asked about the production. This team is well-trained, guest-centred and highly motivated. I stay up to 200 hotel nights a year, and this was memorable for all the right reasons - a lovely way to use my Hyatt Goldpoints too!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for this fantastic review following your recent stay. We are thrilled to read about the level of service you experienced from our staff which was able to make your stay memorable. I will share your review with my team and make sure all your comments are taken into account. We would be delighted to welcome you back upon your next visit to London. Kind regards, Tim