Andaz London Liverpool Street
US$188
galahotels.com
US$203
3,578 results
All reviewschampagne bargeorge pubmasonic templegreat eastern hotelsoft drinks and snacksfinancial districtfree mini barking roombrick lanetrain stationrestaurants and barschecking inreception areamodern hotelwest endminibarspitalfields
Reviewed 17 March 2014

After years in Australia, I just moved back to Europe for a new work opportunity and ended up in Oxford which is a convenient 1 hour train ride away from London. Having stayed at several Andaz properties mostly in North America and being a real advocate for this brand which is part of the Hyatt group, I naturally was excited to find one of their properties (which had been the brand's first one world wide, actually) just so close from home and perfectly suitable for little weekend getaways.

I was not to be disappointed: The check in experience was lovely (though the iPads seem to only work properly in the West Hollywood property and there only) and I was guided personally to my room which is a very nice touch in all Andaz hotels. As a Platinum member, I received a generous upgrade to a huge room with a king bed and very spacious bathroom which also gave me views of the buzzing London street below. However, for some strange reason, you could not open the inner curtains which was a bit of a shame, I assume this has something to do with the heritage building the hotel is in. I also noted that some rooms must simply face the inner courtyard of the hotel which I would find highly disappointing to say the least.

The room itself was very modern but slick and simplistic in design, pretty much what you'd expect in an Andaz. The building itself is really old and how they converted this into a modern 5 Star hotel is simply amazing. If you've been to the Andaz in San Diego before, you'll have a good idea of how that would look like, it did remind me a bit of this. The bathroom was a bit odd and as others have mentioned, the vacuum-toilet and bathtub are just a nuisance and a typical European example of environmentalism going just that one step too far. The lovely check in lady hinted to me that these were concessions in order to get approval to renovate the building into this new hotel to begin with so I won't take off a rating point for it. The toilet flush pretty is essentially the same you find on most modern airplane toilets where a vacuum sucks everything out of it producing a really loud noise. Needless to say, that noise was very clearly audible not only from your own bathroom but, more of an issue, also from all the bathrooms in the room around you. I couldn't resist and had to try out the bathtub (this way probably wasting more water than got saved with this system) and emptying this caused even louder bursts of noise for about ten minutes or so. I suspect that Hyatt must have regretted installing those monsters as soon as the first guests complained about them as I haven't found them in any of the other Andaz properties that came after it.

The design of the bathroom was meant to look classic British and was very nicely tiled though I personally would have preferred a walk in rain shower like in the Andaz on 5th Avenue or in San Diego rather than the weird, faux-old looking shower with a shower head that you can neither detach nor move up and down. Besides that, I couldn't find any faults, all the Andaz standards were there like free Wifi, free non-alcoholic drinks from the mini bar, a super comfy (and firm, I love that at Andaz!) mattress and the likes. The only real gripe was a call from housekeeping shortly past 12 even though I had specifically confirmed my late check out as a Platinum member by 2pm. This usually p$%@es me off big time but the check out guy so profoundly apologized for it that I'll keep giving 5 points anyway. Service and property as well as status recognition were absolute top and this property now has a new regular guest- I've already booked three more weekend stays over the coming few months :-)

Room Tip: Make sure you can see the outside unless you want it super quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Tim F, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you so much for this extensive feedback following your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear that you one of our Andaz Brand Ambassadors and enjoyed our lovely Andaz Liverpool Street property. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Tim

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed here for our Wedding Anniversary and loved the attention to detail. Staff were very friendly and reassuringly unpretentious! Check in was relaxed and we were offered drinks/sweets, and loved the complimentary drinks and snacks in the room. We used the valet parking and was impressed with the swift and efficient service. My husband said the gym was amazing and the equipment was high tech. Nothing was too much trouble and we had an enjoyable evening drink in the champagne bar. Great location - tube and train station on the doorstep as well as shops for drinks. Tower of London and Tower Bridge nearby. Nearby Jack the Ripper tours evident in the evening, a lovely part of the East End of London.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and this was near the business suite, but quiet and peaceful
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nonacrascall
Tim F, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you very much for this fantastic feedback! We are so thrilled to hear that you celebrated your wedding anniversary with us, we are very honoured! We hope you had a wonderful time and are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed Andaz's personal and uncomplicated service. Thank you again for choosing Andaz Liverpool Street and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again on your future travels to London. Best wishes, Tim

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

The staff are attentive and welcoming from the moment you approach the door to the moment you leave... Checking in and out was a breeze and the staff are more than happy to deal with your luggage... Our room was spacious and spotless as was our lovely bathroom and our king size bed was very comfortable... The complimentary soft drinks in the minibar and little extras around the room were a nice touch also... Right next to Liverpool Street Station and within walking distance of many bars and restaurants... If I needed to stay in the area again I'd definitely go back... A lovely place.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Alice, thank you very much for sharing your fantastic feedback with us! We are very glad to hear that you have enjoyed the hotel’s facilities, the Andaz inclusion and especially the service of our staff who were able to make your stay even more memorable. Thank you again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Andaz. Best regards, Tim

Reviewed 16 March 2014

The Andaz does everything right! We stayed for 3 nights and the entire staff was friendly, helpful and proactive with every need and request. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived, so we returned an hour later (at the 3:00 check in time). We were served coffee and asked to sit in the lounge while everything was confirmed. The friendly desk agent (Balasz) escorted us to our room, pointed out the features and offered his services throughout our stay. The complimentary coffee, cookies and other treats may seem futile, but they were delicious and provided a good kick-start to our mornings/evenings.

My favourite service (and the most unexpected/appreciated) was our final evening when we asked for a bucket of ice to be delivered to our room. I requested this at the front desk as we returned for the evening. After 15-20 minutes, it hadn't arrived, so we called to re-request. Roughly 10-15 minutes later, the front desk agent called to confirm that we had requested the ice. She had misunderstood the room number, so she offered to immediately send up the ice, along with a bottle of complimentary wine. It arrived minutes later. The following morning, I found a note from the manager under the door. He asked to speak with us before we departed. As we drank our morning coffee in the lounge, the manager on duty met with us to discuss the delay with the ice on the previous evening. I had absolutely no issue with the delay, so the quick meeting gave us a nice final thought as we departed.

I have stayed at several Hyatts over the past few years, including Park Hyatts in Europe and the US. The service at the Andaz Liverpool Street is in a class of its own. Everyone we met was gracious, friendly and dedicated to providing each guest with the experience which will best suit (and surpass) his or her needs. I have found my new go-to hotel in London!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing this fantastic feedback with us. It really made our day reading how much you enjoyed the service and that Andaz Liveprool Street is your new go-to hotel. We'll make sure to pass your feedback onto the brilliant Balasz who has been with Andaz for several years. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon again at Andaz. Best regards, Tim

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I was here for a company event. The atmosphere is great. Cup food was of very good quality. Service was great. Location is great with ready access to Liverpool street train station and tube. I liked the modern style inside the old building. And the wine selection.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for sharing this great feedback with us. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time during the event with us so greatly and really appreciate the feedback, in particular on our team, they certainly do a great job for the hotel! We hope to welcome you back to Andaz Liverpool Street in the near future. Best regards, Tim