“Classy, stylish - I'll never stay anywhere else”

Andaz London Liverpool Street
Ranked #125 of 1,068 Hotels in London
New York City, New York
“Classy, stylish - I'll never stay anywhere else”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I've stayed here as a solo business traveler as well as with my husband and 2 young kids. It's the best hotel in the City and the staff are second to none. Rooms are stylish and spacious. Staff are incredible (my child vomited during the night and within minutes they'd changed the bed, cleaned up for us and given her special toys and lots of attention!) and the breakfast is fantastic. You'd think it would be noisy because of the location but the windows are well glazed and we sleep peacefully there.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kerri J
Tim F, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Hi Kerry, thank you so much for this wonderful feedback. It really made our day reading how much you have enjoyed your experiences here at Andaz Liverpool Street, and especially the service of the staff. I will ensure to share your comments with the team here who were able to make your stay even more memorable. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon again. Kind regards, Tim Flodin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I was first warmed by the greetings on my arrival early in the morning. A few things that impressed me - (1) individual shower and changing area in their fitness/health centre for your use, (2) they do let you check in your room early once the room is ready and you got informed by email. I got in my room at 10-ish in the morning, and (3) the mini bar - all non alcoholic drinks are complementary and they are more than enough for your consumption in room. That's sweet, (4) the interiors in the public areas are commendable, and (5) bed is super comfy.

The only problem is at times there's only 1 to 2 staff on duty at the Front Desk and that keeps guests waiting for long. You just can't find someone to ask a quick question. It happened twice - once on a Sunday morning at around 7:30am and once on Sat afternoon at around 3pm.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kevin C
Thank you for sharing the feedback regarding your recent stay at Andaz Liverpool Street. We are so happy to hear that your experience at Andaz exceeded your expectations and will ensure to pass this onto the team. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon to Andaz. Best wishes, Tim Flodin
Reviewed 27 August 2014

stayed here for one night & cannot fault it one bit !! They let us leave our luggage before we checked in so we didn't have to drag it around before check in time ( also after we checked out which was brilliant as we were out & about all day after check out )
Staff friendly & attentive, the room was lovely, bathroom had an enormous bath and was beautifully decorated. They had tv, Bose dock for an i pod , mini bar with free soft drinks, coffee & tea , also a few snacks which was a lovely touch. We needed an iron and after ringing down to reception one appeared complete with ironing board at our door about five minutes later, then a call to see if it had arrived!!
All in all a lovely hotel which i would definatly visit again and highly recommend

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mon_969
Tim F, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am delighted to read you had such an enjoyable stay with us and you loved the facilities and the service of our staff which I will make sure to pass onto the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to London. Warm regards, Tim
nyc
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed mid-August and had a great time enjoying the City of London, Spital/Brick Lane areas. Nice stroll to south bank and Globe theatre/Tate Modern. Location atop Liverpool Station also provides easy access to Tube and therefore all of London. Train to Stansted airport from Liverpool St is very easy, and cab to LCY is about L25 during rush. Breakfast buffet in 1901 restaurant was huge and high quality and the hotel gym is very much above average for London.

Now for the important stuff: Unfortunately, we left a pair of expensive earrings in the room safe upon departure (unlocked, just did not see them....yes dumb, almost dead here!). The Andaz staff found them, contacted us, kept them safe and returned them to us. Thank you to a great group of honest staff and housekeepers. You not only run a clean, fashionable hotel, but you have engendered loyalty in us, and so we will certainly return to Andaz Liverpool St. and Hyatt overall.

Room Tip: Inside rooms face quiet interior courtyard.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank notthatdeadyet
Thank you so much for sharing this fantastic feedback with us. We love reading about how much you have enjoyed the hotel's facilities, location and especially the service of our staff. We will ensure to pass this onto the team who do such a fantastic job every day. Thank you again for choosing to stay at Andaz Liverpool Street and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Tim
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

All in all we were really pleased with the Andaz. It is a beautifully designed hotel, love the reception area and the rooms and contemporary, comfortable and very smart. The beds and showers are superb! Despite a false fire alarm at 2:30am we slept well and the breakfast buffet in the lovely 1901 restaurant was excellent! The iPad check in experience seemed to take longer than a traditional check in would have done, we waited 5 mins for someone to come and actually check us in, which took 5-10 mins despite having checked in online that morning?? But it is a good idea in theory.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank markfeet
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay though sorry to hear about the delay at check in, I assure you that this will be addressed with the team. I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back to Andaz Liverpool Street in the near future. Kind regards, Tim
bridgend
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

This is my second visit to the Liverpool Andaz and yet again I enjoyed my stay. It is conveniently located to Liverpool Street tube station. The location is also pretty cool with lots of bars and restaurants nearby.

The hotel rooms are nice and quite large. They give a few free goodies in the fridge such as apple juice and cans of coke.

Check in was swift and efficient. They now seem to offer a free wine hour that I didn't notice on our last visit. Always welcome after a busy day

The only disappointment was the fire alarms going off for 15mins at 2am. It was nice to have a letter of apology but for a hotel that large they could have pushed the boat out a bit and given some complimentary breakfasts or something equivalent

Decent hotel that I would go back to

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Andaz Liverpool Street. We are thrilled to know how much you enjoyed the service, hotel facilities and location. Once again, we do apologise for the fire alarm and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Kind regards, Tim
NYC
Reviewed 23 August 2014

It took me awhile to write this review because my experience was so bad.
I thought the hotel was lovely & convenient.
Quick service. Helpful people at the front.
I really liked the room, and after checking in I emailed someone that I finally found a hotel in London that I liked. Or so I thought.
I was bothered that as soon as I checked in the staff tried to upsell me to another room.
It went like this: 'I see you are here for 5 days. Would you like a bigger room?'
Me: 'Yes, of course.'
Front desk: 'We can offer you one for another 40 pounds a night.'
That wasn't what I expected! I was there on business, arranged by office travel department, and the hotel wanted me to spend more for a bigger room. We send a lot of people to that hotel, so I expected an upgrade, not to pay for one.
The room wasn't too small.
They did a great job with the building itself (confusing as it is) so that it is bright and light.
It was refreshing to stay in a London hotel that wasn't dark.
They have juice in the mornings at the front desk & wine at the end of the day, which are nice touches. The snacks in the room (not the booze) are free, which is the Andaz's gimmick.
I ordered room service, which was good, but then I found a bolt. Yes, a metal bolt, in my pasta. I was just lucky that I didn't bite down on it and damage my teeth.
It was late, so I brought the bowl down to the front desk in the morning, and I told the staff. This was a major issue, and I wanted it addressed.
Off to work I went. When I got back I found a note inviting me to eat in the hotel, the last thing I wanted to do after my experience with the bolt in my pasta.
I didn't hear from the hotel's GM, which truly bothered me.
I called downstairs to find out what was up. Turns out, nobody told him.
How it wasn't in the daily report for him, which just screamed sloppy management to me.
What followed was a long back-and-forth with the GM, an absurd explanation about how they contacted their suppliers, none of whom admitted to missing a bolt. All stuff that was irrelevant to my situation and did nothing to assuage my anger. The GM ended up crediting my account with points & comping one night, but I found that insufficient for my experience.
He wrote, "We adhere to the strictest of food standards. We met and/or exceed all health and hygiene requirements and take extreme pride and care in providing the best quality and experience for our guests and will continue to do so and improve upon the same."
None of that meant anything to me, since I put a bolt soaked in Bolognese sauce in my mouth & managed to get it out before it did any damage.
I found out from a friend in the hotel business that the GM probably thought I was making it up or planted the bolt, because this kind of things often happen in hotels.
One morning the water in the hotel stopped working. No sink. No shower. No toilet.
This started at 6am, prime time for getting ready to go to work.
I was told by the front desk I could go to the gym to shower, so I schlepped through the lobby to the gym.
The answer from the GM was that it was only down for 1 hour. The problem just happened to be the 1 hour I had to get ready for work.
I didn't eat again in the hotel.
I left a book with a silver bookmark in the hotel, and the hotel sent the book back to me. The bookmark wasn't there.
None of this is news to the GM, as I told him all this in e-mails.
The list:
Shower pressure: Above average for London. Average for the world..
Front desk: Average. If you can get over the desire to upsell, they're fine.
Bed: Above average.
Sheets/Bedding: Above Average.
Towels: Average.
Phone service/attendants: Above average.
Room size: Average to above average.
Room service: Given my experience, I wouldn't recommend it.
Bathroom amenities: Average to below average. They're OK, but nothing you'd want to use again.

Room Tip: Far from the elevator
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank ilovemanhattanNyc
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I’d like to reiterate our commitment to our guests. As discussed in previous correspondence, you can rest assured, your feedback has been taken seriously and followed up by me personally and with members of our team. I regret any shortfall in your experience at our hotel and will work even harder to ensure we continue to exceed our guests expectations. With my very best wishes, Tim Flodin