Andaz London Liverpool Street
US$151
US$128
Orbitz.com
3,571 results
All reviewschampagne bargeorge pubmasonic templegreat eastern hotelsoft drinks and snacksfinancial districtfree mini barking roombrick lanetrain stationrestaurants and barschecking inreception areamodern hotelwest endminibarspitalfields
Reviewed 31 October 2010

Stayed here for one night in October 09. On arrival at reception I didn't get invited to take a seat and enjoy a drink, as some people have claimed on here. Reception staff were pleasant, though. Room was OK but nothing special - certainly not of 5 star standard. The remote control for the iPod dock was dead so I had to control the device manually. Some reviews mention the free minibar. It was OK, but nothing more than that. You get two small bottles of fruit juice, two bottles of water and some biscuits. That's it.

Bathroom was small and the waste water system was very odd and very noisy. Otherwise the bathroom was perfectly acceptable. The toiletries were only standard and nothing special.

The TV in the room was positioned in an odd place - down low on the wall near the corner by the window, rather than centrally. The TV was a bit on the small size for the size of the room (even though that was not large). Overall, we were cold most of the time. I tried to turn the strange heating controls to maximum and left them there but it had absolutely no effect on the room temperature at all, which remained on the cold side of comfortable.

We tried the Catch fish restaurant. Very expensive for what we got and not particularly impressive. The waitress struggled to speak English or understand what we were asking for. Perhaps the biggest problem for this restaurant - and management, please take note - was its positioning right next to the hotel's pub bar and nightclub. We were sat in the corner of the restaurant right next to a glass partition separating us from the entrance to the nightclub. It was a Friday evening. Many of the nightclub's customers banged hard on the glass when they passed or pressed their hands and faces to the unfrosted part of the glass partition, literally just feet away from where we were dining. Needless to say, the noise was very distracting. In addition to this, there was an enormous amount of noise occasionally coming into the restaurant by the entrance. I think it was noisy customers of the hotel pub. It was so loud, that, at times, I really thought some sort of fight or brawl had started within the restaurant.

Breakfast in the 1901 restaurant was OK but I would never pay the amount they want to charge for it (I think it was either £20 or £25). It's definitely not worth that!

I would stay here again as the location was great and I got it for a very low rate. I would certainly not stay here at the rates the hotel advertises on its web site. Finally, try as I might, I could not get the complimentary wifi internet to work. I tried on my iPhone and two laptops with no luck.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
AndazHotel, Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2010

Hello kenc,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Andaz. It is always good for us to hear good and not so good feedback as we are constantly improving the level of service we provide to our guests.

We are sorry to read that you did not experience the full Andaz welcome element and hope we offer you a warmer welcome on your next stay. I am however pleased that you found our members of staff pleasant.

The complimentary mini bar is something that most of our guests appreciate during their stay since it represents a cost saving element and a great complimentary amenity, but we appreciate your comments. I am sorry to read your comment about our pricing regarding your experience in our restaurants. Since we have five restaurants and five bars we try to offer alternatives for everybody. I really hope that during your next stay you are able to find something more suitable among our outlets.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back at Andaz.

With best wishes,

Reviewed 26 October 2010

A nice interpretation from hyatt group of a small boutique hotel, with no downside that sometime even nice small boutique hotel could have.
The location is really terrific, just around the corner of liverpool station perfect for the people that arrive in london at stanstead airport.
The staff is really helpfull and friendly.
Room are nice, sober design and good linen and bath robes.
fat check in and check out available also online.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo

Hello manzana112,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about your recent stay with us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience at your Andaz. We are also very pleased to see you took full advantage of the location, we hope you also enjoyed the many markets around the hotel too.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Andaz very soon.

With best wishes

Reviewed 25 October 2010

From rental car problems to special dietary needs to tickets to functions to superb restaurant recommendations, the lobby staff exceeded our expectations and met every need with grace and professionalism.

While the hotel is nice enough, and the seafood restaurant Catch is worth a trip by itself, the personnel at Andaz is good enough to assure that, when we return to London's East End, this is where we will stay - regardless of cost. It's worth the peace of mind.

Hyatt Andaz has figured out that this is the way travelers should be treated.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2010

I stayed here on a business trip in September. I don't have anything negative to state about this hotel. The location was terrific - very close to the Liverpool St. tube station. The hotel is quite large and the rooms aesthetically pleasing and modern. My room was immaculate and the bed was very comfortable. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Also, I particularly enjoyed the sushi and seafood restaurants that are part of the hotel. For the money, this is an excellent hotel and I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who is visiting London.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2010

An absolutely excellent stay! The rooms were stylish and elegant, the service second to none and the food, particularly the buffet breakfast, was amazing!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
AndazHotel, Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2010

Hello patsy76,

Thanks for leaving your comments about your recent stay with us. It makes us feel very happy to read that you enjoyed the service provided by our staff, our rooms and our breakfast in 1901 too. We do hope to see you again at Andaz very soon.

Very best