“A great end to our holiday.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Andaz London Liverpool Street

Andaz London Liverpool Street
Ranked #113 of 1,086 Hotels in London
KL
“A great end to our holiday.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2011

We had a one day transit in London before flying back to KL after our europe trip. The hotel was perfect!! We arrived very late (after midnite) after a flight delay from barcelona. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful. We had a minor problem when she said that I have to pay for the room eventhough I have made a prepaid booking thru a travel agency. She assured me to look into it and then she escorted both of us to our room. After showing and brief us about the room, I wanted to tip her...but she declined, eventhough I insisted, she said its ok. A few minutes later I got a call from her saying that she had sorted out my problem, as there were double booking made under my name. A first class service!! I also love everything about the hotel, location, free minibar, a bag of light breakfast, size of the room, the bed :)) Definitely will be back if we are in town.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 18 February 2011
Thank you very much for your review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us despite the double booking situation upon arrival. Sorry about the situation but we are glad that this was sorted out straight away for you. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2011

Went as part of a wedding group and took advantage of group discounts so was able to save some money. Valet parking is almost a necessity in this part of the city, just grin and bear it, worth every penny. Brilliant staff, couldnt be more helpful.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff brilliant. We hope the wedding went well and very much look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Rayleigh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2011

We recently stayed at the Andaz, Liverpool Street, after finding a great deal on Secret Rooms. This hotel is 5 star all the way. Located next to Liverpool Street station, it is a great location for a weekend break in London. The staff are friendly, attentive and welcoming (the room maid even held the door open for us). The rooms are modern, clean and contain everything you need. We arrived at check-in time, 3pm, and received a free upgrade to a King Room just because there was one available. We didn't try the adjacent restaurants and bars because we had already planned to go to the theatre, but they looked very nice and the prices were very reasonable for London. The mini-bar in the room contained a selection of fruit juices and water - which were free of charge. The room also had tea/coffee making facilities. We would definitely stay there again and have already recommended friends to go there!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing to stay at Andaz and for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us. We are really happy that you enjoyed the location as well as the service provided by our staff. Thank you very much for recommending us to your friends and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Bedford, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2011

To be fair, I'll give you the positives first. The bed/bedding and the shower were awesome. The gym was more than adequate any workout style.

The cost is outrageous -- of course, I knew that going in, but I DEFINITELY had booked a "good morning breakfast" package that they refused to honor upon my arrival but would not adjust my room rate accordingly. I was told that there were different snack foods each morning in the lobby - just to eat there. (They were good muffins and pastries, always the same.)

I thought it was only my experience, but in the elevator I heard two people joking about how "shiny and new" the hotel looked, "but nothing actually works". The plumbing and electrical both needed "help" in my room.

It really is in a location difficult to access or to walk to.

I'm a regular Hyatt guest (all over the world) and was disappointed this week. I won't be back to this one.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We are sorry to learn through your review on this site about the situation with the rate confusion upon arrival. The Andaz concept offers various food and drink items throughout different times of the day in the Lounge (lobby) as a welcome amenity and are not a substitute to our meals in our restaurants. The hotel has a on-going preventative maintenance programme in place and we will continue to focus on the standards of our property. We take your comments seriously and will keep focusing on our on-going staff development in this non-traditional set-up.

The hotel is located next to one of London's main train stations, Liverpool Street which gives you easy access to the West End and is just a short walk from London's up and coming East End. We hope to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2011

This hotel is a great place to stay and being located next door to Liverpool Street Station is easily reached by train and tube.

I have stayed here a couple of times now and most recently was whilst on business just a short walk from the hotel.

My first visit I stayed in a palacial suite on the top floor whilst most recently I was in a king room at the back of the hotel. Check in to the hotel is via a unique system in the lobby where there is no front desk as such, but a group of hosts to welcome you and provide you with a drink whilst they check you in via a computer. It has been an efficient system on both occasions I have stayed and within minutes I was in the lift with the host to my room.

The suite I stayed in was enormous with a seperate seating area, large bathroom with seperate shower and bath as well a massive dressing area which was fantastic as I was staying for a few nights for various evening events. There was also a seperate desk area for working which was ideal.

In the king room there was a good bank of wardrobes, a decent size bathroom with shower over bath and good storage space for toiletries which is often poor in hotels. The bed was fabulous and with very comfortable pillows and duvet and the desk and comfy chair were by the window so good for reading. It was definitely a larger than average size for London, as you often find the bed dominates most of the floor space in other hotels, this certainly wasn't the case here.

On my first visit I was with my husband and we ate downstairs and in our rooms, but on my most recent visit I only dined in the room. Compared to the food delivered at One Aldwych, the food at the Andaz was not quite up to the same standard and the porridge I ordered for breakfast arrived cold which was disapppointing. Having said that the staff were bang on time with my breakfast order and very swift with the evening meal [which was delivered with a hot].

I would definitely stay here again if on this side of town as the service from the staff was excellent and the peace and quiet inside the hotel was remarkable for the size and location.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are so glad to read you enjoyed your stay on both of your stays with us. We are delighted that you liked the rooms and the check-in concept. Despite being served cold porridge for which we apologies and will investigate this with the Room Service team, we are delighted that you will be back and stay with us. We look forward to seeing you soon.
worldwide
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2011

I’m a thirty-something high end traveler, spending my time between the US, Europe, and the Middle and Far East.

I started out was skeptical of the Andaz Hotel. I mean, who's ever heard of Andaz, what will people say, will they whisper strange things about me? I didn't really want to like it - I'm a hotel snob, I can afford better, I'm used to better, all my snobbish affronts said "no, no, no", but the location was perfect and I didn't want to blow serious cash on a hotel. My "entertainment budget" could feed a village of starving children for a week, or subdue their appetite otherwise, so I decided to pull in the reins on the hotel.

At first glance I liked it – the hotel is located in a beautiful historic building with an exterior to match, the interior is minimalistic cool, and befitting the vibe of the Shoreditch/ Hoxton neighbourhood. As well, rooms were large and offered me real space to move around, not like a central London shoebox. The pub downstairs has a nice vibe to it as well - good for a morning beer, if you’re into that sort of stuff. The staff seem to really care about what they’re doing and enjoy working there – it makes a difference.

But, it’s important to remember this is a $200-300/night hotel, not the Sanderson, Andaz cool is cool, but in kind of a limited cool way, like junior-cool. Maybe it’s cool if you’re the type of person to wear corduroys trousers or khaki dockers when you want to cut loose on the weekend, but otherwise it’s nice, but not quite there. The furnishings are ok, but a bit worn and the TV, in my room at least, was a small flatscreen attached to the wall with a metal swing arm and really sub-standard (perhaps they had to do this because the room was so large that attaching it to the wall opposite the bed would have made it too far from the bed for comfortable viewing). The bathroom was, well, just a bathroom. No spa shower, no Jacuzzi, no his and her bidets, no little toiletries which hold my attention for hours as I try to figure out what they are to be used for.

Overall though, good for you Andaz Hotel, or whoever/ whatever you are (there seemed to be mixed branding from the previous ownership?). You executed well on the offering and provide a strong mid-level hotel experience at a low mid-level price.

Would I return? If I was travelling alone, most definitely, however if was looking for a weekend getaway with the girl friend and we really wanted to indulge the inner hipster, I'd probably go upscale, but that's just me. I think a lot of people would be very happy to spend a few nights at the Andaz, as I was during my last visit - well done.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank RRH_Panta_Rei
wells, Somerset
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2011

Just got back form weekend here. Great location,opposite Liverpool St station and close to centre and all its attractions. Customer service excellent. Stylish boutique hotel with the Wow factor. Ask for Manni who showed us everything the Hotel had to offer including the amazing Masonic Temple discovered whilst refurbishing the Hotel. Hotel food a little pricey but large selection of alternative places to eat out very close by at reasonable prices. Loved the check in service and complementary snacks and coffee- nice touch. Spitalfields market great. Beautiful selection of bohemian and contemporary goods. Petticioat Lane market just down the road on Sunday also worth a visit. Some bargains and an East End welcome.This particular part of London new to us but will definitely stay here again. Loved it!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, 11 February 2011
Dear 6jocelin,

It is with great pleasure that I read your review regarding your recent stay with us. I passed your great feedback on Manny to him, as it's always nice for the team to be individually recognised. So thank you for your great comments on both the hotel and the local area and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best wishes,