“Good brekkie, nothing super special. I hate being mean though, so would definitely recommend”
Review of Diana's Diner - CLOSED

Diana's Diner
Price range: US$7 - US$11
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: Cocktail Bar & Street Food Restaurant!
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We went here based on a trip advisor app. We walked 25 mins to get here so had walked up an appetite. Loved the London caff feel of the place and service was efficient. The food was probably seven out of ten. I had omelette and salad, perfectly cooked omelette, bit boring cheese choice. Salad yum. My partner, who is a breakfast connoisseur, went for the full English which was nice save for the over cooked bacon. Minor quibbles aside, worth seeking out.

1  Thank Emma B

Reviewed 14 February 2012

4 of us made the effort to get here after a long nite on the tiles ! The breakfast was superb really, toast arrives on a big plate already buttered. Perfect sausages and bacon and fried eggs. We all agreed it was a great breakfast for 5.99

Reviewed 25 January 2012

Cheap food, served with a smile!
Don't expect molecular Gastronomy, but if you want a bacon sandwich this is your place!

Reviewed 5 January 2012

We chose to eat breakfast here on the thursday over the Christmas break having read good reviews on here. As per the previous reviews it does look like a standard 'caff' on the outside and to be honest that continues inside with the old style decor including menu pictures around the counter. Most amusing of these was the chicken curry, showing a plate with half rice, half chips and a blob of curry in the middle. Took me right back to the eighties. I was looking forward to being greeted by friendly staff. Whilst they weren't rude or tardy, they weren't very chatty or jovial or welcoming. They served us in a polite but quiet way which really threw us a bit. It was 5.95 for a veggie or full english brekkie. If you wanted poached eggs or scrambled it was an extra 50p. The tea was good - builder's strength in a big mug..just as I like.it. They assumed I wanted butter on my toast so make sure you mention it if you don't want it. They did have brown bread though. Apart from the poached eggs we ordered the remaining items were fried but not over greasy. It was a good breakfast..nothing outstanding but fine. As others have commented, the photos on the wall were really old. I recognised Alison Steadman in her much younger days and Anita Dobson. There were lots of theatre and acting related leaflets around. There were builders in eating a spag bol at the same time as us so its not an intimidating place. I wouldn't say I would deliberately make a big effort to go back..just because it was on a par with other average brekkie places for price and service really.

Reviewed 5 December 2011

lots of choices with very good staff and very tasty well presented meals.Wont break the bank but will deliver good food