“Living up to its reputation”

Galvin Bistrot de Luxe
Ranked #771 of 22,692 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$27 - US$102
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Description: The original restaurant to be opened by the Galvin brothers, the Bistrot was an overnight success with food critics and customers alike. Bistrot de Luxe has won several prestigious awards, amongst them Best French Restaurant for 2 years running, as well as top awards from the AA and Tatler Magazine. With their Michelin-starred backgrounds, Chris and Jeff Galvin bring top quality French cuisine at affordable prices, with their flair for sourcing the best seasonal ingredients, and over 30 years of culinary experience between them. Today, the bistrot still retains much of its original ethos. Chef Patron, Chris Galvin, together with Head Chef, Tom Duffill, offer a seasonally-inspired French menu, comprising many bistrot classics. Few restaurants in London have managed to emulate the success of this timeless classic.
Oakton, Virginia
“Living up to its reputation”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I had tried the other Galvin restaurants in London, and been impressed, but this one hit the bull's eye. It was a prix-fixe Sunday dinner with a friend, with a modestly-priced bottle of French Syrah (which matched well with his beef and my pork); but the cooking was exceptionally good even for a Galvin restaurant, and the service was understated but quick. Everyone of our needs was, if not actually anticipated, dealt with efficiently and expertly.I can't recommend Galvin Bistrot de Luxe highly enough.

• Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Pleasant lunch”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

A very pleasant prix fixee lunch at Galvins in Baker Street; the service was really excellent, the house wine was good value and of reasonable quality, the menu selection was pleasant. My first visit to a Galvin, would recommend and would go again.

Visited July 2013
Doncaster, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Chateaubriand I've ever tasted”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

My fiancée and I had booked in here on recommendation from a friend after a few trips to the "big hitting" restaurants in London and i have to say this restaurant definitely holds its own! We had the Chateaubriand with Hermitage Jus... My mouth still waters just thinking about it! The depth of flavour in the Hermitage Jus is literally the best I've ever had and so far we've eaten at michelin star restaurants in London, Paris and Rome! One of my fondest food memories! The beef was cooked to perfection... But that sauce...

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Good dishes good service”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I had 6 snails and a lamb and it was very good the athmosphere in this bistrot in London is exquisite and worth a try . I will be back and take other dishes

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“WOW”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I have eaten here before but not for a few years. It didn't disappoint. The staff are unfailingly helpful. The food way beyond good. I had a simple mozzarella salad to start which came with artichokes. My companion had a crab lasagna which was more like a crab souffle. We both had steak tartar which is a starter but no problems with having it as a main. We shared the most excellent Creme Brulee that was mouth watering. The restaurant mid week was packed but the service didn't suffer. There is an excellent wine list - I can't fault this place and I am fussy. I wish I lived nearer so that I could eat there more often.

• Visited June 2013