“Good Food, Hideous Service”
Review of Addie's Thai Cafe

Addie's Thai Cafe
Ranked #1,226 of 22,827 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$21 - US$61
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
London, United Kingdom
“Good Food, Hideous Service”
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

The food at Addie's is very good, very fresh and delicious with interesting combinations of Asian dishes. The royal platter is to die for and the textures in the Pad Pookuree has the sweetest combination of egg and soft shell crab with a spicy yet sweet curry.

This is all ruined by horrendous service. It took us 20 minutes to get drinks. After we emptied our drinks it took 30 minutes to get the second round and we never got the water we asked for twice. After we received our appetizers it took them 25 minutes to bother to take our dinner order and my order came out completely wrong. I was embarrassed to take my friends their, I will never be back even with the good food, it a shame really.

1 Thank AbingdonDave

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“I was proven wrong - Addie's IS really good!”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We headed down to Addie's Thai Cafe after my sister's graduation ceremony. We were late for our reservation but their staff was kind enough to let us know that we will just need to wait for 10 minutes to get our seats. Coming from a country where Thai food can be found almost anywhere, I was sceptical with my sister's choice of wanting to come to Addie's. We gave her the privilege to order as she was a frequent customer; and a satisfied one I supposed. She ordered Pad Thai which was really delicious, soft shell crab cooked in a style that I have never tasted before, fried cod fish fillet with morning glory and red curry which was so rich and creamy in taste. The place can be a little small with insufficient room space to wait but hey, aren't most London restaurants nearly the same? During my waiting time, I heard several customers singing praises to their staffs and I believed they were equally as satisfied as us.

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great Thai and Great Prices”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Delicious food. VERY affordable for London considering the quality and portions. Definitely recommended.

Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“It's so busy, so chaotic, so good”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

A local residents review... Yes it is a little chaotic at times and you need to book especially at weekends but it is so so good. Great vast menu and so reasonable.
Best value meal in Earl's Court and to my mind (having been to Thailand) the best Thai food in London, which must be validated by the majority of it's customers being Thai/ Eastern.
Thai Green Chicken Curry to die for.
Prefer to eat in ground floor area, nicer atmosphere than downstairs. Easy to miss restaurant amongst shops and signs, just a couple of doors down from Earl's Court Tavern when walking from E.C tube.

• Visited August 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Good food, average service”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The food here is undeniably what they promote - the idea that it is authentic Bangkok street food. We had the Penang King Prawns and Beef and both were really tasty, the prawns particularly were very fresh and beautifully seasoned.

The one down side is around the service. I had booked a table by following the link on their website. On arrival, we got told that there was no point using the website as it doesn't work - even though nothing is said about this on the website. As we arrived at 8pm on a Saturday, this meant that we had to wait for 15 minutes to be seated.

We were told that we had 90 minute for our sitting, which was absolutely fine and ate our starter and mains. An hour in, we had paid the bill and were just finishing our drinks, when we got told that our time was up and there were people waiting to take our seat - not great considering that we weren't finished and were way under our allocated time.

It's a shame as it gave the impression that they were more interested in churning through customers rather than giving a good experience to those who were there.

• Visited September 2013