“fantastic Thai, great value”
Review of Addie's Thai Cafe

Addie's Thai Cafe
Ranked #1,635 of 23,351 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$21 - US$61
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Our grotty hotel choice was almost redeemed after the discovery of this wee gem nearby. The menu has a wide selection and our choices were all delicious. Service was incredibly attentive.We look forward to returning.

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

The food at Addie's is very good, very fresh and delicious with interesting combinations of Asian dishes. The royal platter is to die for and the textures in the Pad Pookuree has the sweetest combination of egg and soft shell crab with a spicy yet sweet curry.

This is all ruined by horrendous service. It took us 20 minutes to get drinks. After we emptied our drinks it took 30 minutes to get the second round and we never got the water we asked for twice. After we received our appetizers it took them 25 minutes to bother to take our dinner order and my order came out completely wrong. I was embarrassed to take my friends their, I will never be back even with the good food, it a shame really.

1  Thank AbingdonDave
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We headed down to Addie's Thai Cafe after my sister's graduation ceremony. We were late for our reservation but their staff was kind enough to let us know that we will just need to wait for 10 minutes to get our seats. Coming from a country where Thai food can be found almost anywhere, I was sceptical with my sister's choice of wanting to come to Addie's. We gave her the privilege to order as she was a frequent customer; and a satisfied one I supposed. She ordered Pad Thai which was really delicious, soft shell crab cooked in a style that I have never tasted before, fried cod fish fillet with morning glory and red curry which was so rich and creamy in taste. The place can be a little small with insufficient room space to wait but hey, aren't most London restaurants nearly the same? During my waiting time, I heard several customers singing praises to their staffs and I believed they were equally as satisfied as us.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Delicious food. VERY affordable for London considering the quality and portions. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

A local residents review... Yes it is a little chaotic at times and you need to book especially at weekends but it is so so good. Great vast menu and so reasonable.
Best value meal in Earl's Court and to my mind (having been to Thailand) the best Thai food in London, which must be validated by the majority of it's customers being Thai/ Eastern.
Thai Green Chicken Curry to die for.
Prefer to eat in ground floor area, nicer atmosphere than downstairs. Easy to miss restaurant amongst shops and signs, just a couple of doors down from Earl's Court Tavern when walking from E.C tube.