“Brilliant, cheap Italian with a view :-)”

Gourmet Pizza - Gabriel's Wharf
Ranked #3,757 of 24,250 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$31
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Southbank
Description: For award-winning Italian-style pizzas with Thameside views, it doesn���t get much better than the Gourmet Pizza Company restaurant in London���s Gabriel���s Wharf, not far from Waterloo Station. This family-friendly venue is nestled amongst the local boutiques and design studios and is popular with an arty, unpretentious crowd who love the river views and the villagey vibe. With heated al fresco seating, Cape Cod-style dining room and buzzy South Bank vibe, the Gourmet Pizza Company is popular with pizza lovers and people-watchers all year round. The hearty and creative pizza menu includes favourites such as the Californian vegetable pizza, the beetroot and blue cheese pizza with chilli oil, and the chicken and spinach pizza. Salads are a fine accompaniment to the main gig. The wines are affordable and the waitstaff are quick on their feet.
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Popped in to Gourmet Pizza with a friend on Thursday with a friend. Being on the the hottest days of the year there were substantial queues everywhere on the Soutbank so we wandered down to Gabriels Wharf and found...more queues. Ah...the joys of London in the summer.

Rescue came in the form of Gourmet Pizza at Gabriels Wharf. We queued for 10 minutes tops and once seated we were seen to for our order quickly and before I knew it we were wining and dining despite the hoards of people.

Both had dough-balls for starter and pizza to follow and we were both pleasantly surprised at how good the food was. Its by no means a top restaurant but what it does, it does well and is better than Pizza Express for similar prices.

I would have to say that our waitress really put the icing on the cake though. Despite how busy the place was and how warm she must have been - she was so smiley and attentive.

Perfect girl date :-) Thanks, Gourmet Pizza!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

stopped for a pizza for lunch on a Saturday afternoon we had to wait about 15 minutes for a table outside but worth the wait tables are a bit small ordered a nice cold bottle of wine and then had two very good pizzas. The service was good and the waitress was chatty and we will come back again as the pizzas were excellent and the price is also ok

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I love this place and eat here often. Everything is solidly good - the staff are always friendly and the food is reasonably priced, well prepared and authentically Italian. On my last visit I tasted my partner's tiger prawns and they were, hands down, the best tiger prawns I've ever had.

This isn't a fancy restaurant but the food is always homey and tasty, the staff are lovely, and in the summer the patio is great in the evening. The wine list is small but well chosen. I will always and forever recommend this place - Gourmet Pizza, you have my <3!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have been here many times for a pizza when out walking on South Bank. This time, as always, it was full with customers queuing outside.. We requested a table out in the open and had to wait ten minutes for it, worth the wait. It was a bit cramped but that added to the atmosphere of eating in such a traditional place. As always, pizzas ordered were good and chilled white wine even better. One downside, service was very rushed and waiter had to be chased for pepper etc. With their charges, surely management can increase staff to meet customer satisfaction.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I ate here with four friends on a Tuesday evening. The service was shockingly bad we had one of the most unfriendly waiters I have ever been served by. I have eaten here before and the food was delicious, I had the goats cheese salad. This time around I had the lasagna which was no more than average. I believe the pizzas are tasty but as long as they have such unfriendly staff lacking any customer service I won't be going back.