“I love it”
Review of The Parlour

The Parlour
Reserve with OpenTable
The Parlour is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,584 of 23,009 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$32 - US$45
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Transit: Piccadilly Circus (Bakerloo & Piccadilly lines) and Green Park (Jubilee, Victoria & Piccadilly lines) Bus no. 9, 14, 19, 22, 38
Brussels, Belgium
“I love it”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I am a huge fan of Fortnum and Mason ! Beautiful place, nice tea on the second floor and great food at the restaurant on first floor.

1 Thank Johan_WALTER

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Shame about the Foie Gras”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We enjoyed a pleasant lunch today , the new menu, especially the 'sharing plates ' is much more interesting .However we were extremely disappointed to see Foie Gras on the menu. The cruelty involved to obtain Foie Gras is unspeakable . I do hope that Fortnum's will research this product and remove it from their menu .
A secondary disappointment was the quality of the jam that we had with our scones for dessert - it seemed to have no fruit taste at all reminiscent of the horrible plastic packs issued in less inspiring surroundings !

• Visited April 2014
London
“Fortnum's Parlour Cafe, a nice retreat from the bustling Piccadilly.”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I wanted a coffee and cake break from my shopping trip to London and did not want another high street coffee shop experience, so treated my daughter and I to a slice of cake and a coffee in the ice-cream parlour at F&M. The service was great, my iced coffee was excellent, sweetened to my request and my daughter's vanilla bean milkshake was equally tasty by all accounts. The cake we shared was fantastic. Light and creamy with a marbled iced topping. This is a full service cafe style offering and very enjoyable indeed.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Hypothalamus
Hook, United Kingdom
“Overpriced and over rated”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I had lunch in the Parlour restaurant in Fortnum's. I had always wanted to go so popped in for a pre-matinee lunch in February. I ordered Welsh Rarebit at £9.95. 1 slice of bread with crusts of came - with cheese and half a grilled tomato. It equalled 6 mouthfuls if that. I followed it with the Strudel choice. I had pear and apple. Again the smallest quantity you have ever seen for £6.50. Literally 1-2 mouthfuls per piece. The best was the iced coffee which at £5.95 was good value as you got the coffee and ice cream and cream - more like a sundae than a drink. The restaurant was empty - I'm not surprised at those prices and portion sizes. It was a very disappointing experience and one I won't be repeating. If you want a nice snacky lunch in wonderful surroundings - try Harrods!

Gosport, United Kingdom
“Top price for a poor return”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I had dinner here with some friends recently but it was poor value. The main dish had muscles but they were so tiny I could hardly find them, that is the ones that had anything in them.

I echo another reviewers comments about the coffee. It was luke warm and stewed. They have a great range of coffee in the shop but can't manage to produce a decent cup in the restaurant.

Complacent catering, no care for quality.