“Tapas Treat and more”

Price range: US$10 - US$28
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs
Description: A fleet of authentic Spanish tapas restaurants established in 1993, La Tasca offers an award-winning range of sumptuous Mediterranean flavours. Sourcing ingredients from artisan suppliers dotted across Spain, Our chefs compile a range of boldly flavoured sharing dishes, all complemented by a range of Spanish wines, sangrias and sherries. Ever family-friendly, younger diners can enjoy delicious miniature tapas plates at La Tasca - Canary Wharf.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

A busy lunchtime service but we had a relaxing and delicious tapas treat.

The service was second to none, our waitress was friendly, warm and attentive. The food was delicious, especially the new to the menu "habas con chorizo y champinoNes" (broad beans, mushrooms, chorizo and garlic) - what's not to like?? We managed to save enough room for dessert .... and just as well as even better was to come, for dessert we had "spanish style gelato" (rum and raisin ice cream with a small glass of sherry poured over it) - I like my ice cream and this was taking it to a whole new level, seriously yummy. As we chatted to the waitress and extolled the virtues of the gelato she recommended that next time we should try a Spanish liquor based on Crema Catalana - she said "like Bailey's but lighter" ..... we decided not to wait till next time and tried it. another absolute treat.

All this and with our La Tasca card we also saved ££ on the bill. A truly terrific treat.

La Tasca C, Manager at La Tasca - Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Hola Wilmapx.
Thank you for your lovely comments, we are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. Looking forward seeing you again soon! 

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This restaurant is nicely located with outside eating overlooking the water at Canary Wharf.
The food was good, albeit with small portions, service was friendly and accommodating - dining area having a generally pleasant ambience
Regrettably this was spoilt by the cardinal sin of non serviced toilets i.e. no toilet paper in the ladies and toilets not flushed due to faulty hardware. General observation is that their had been no regular maintenance for some time.

2  Thank Keith H

Hola Keith H.
I am very sorry to hear you had a poor experience with us. We already fixed the problem with the bathrooms. we regret the outcome of your meal. We always try I would be grateful if you could contact me at the restaurant on 02075319990 or e-mail me your contact number to latasca.canarywharf@latasca.co.uk to discuss the matter with you in more detail and hopefully resolve in a satisfactory manner. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Brilliant service and an extremely helpful waitress (I don't know her name unfortunately). Food tasty as always.

Review collected in partnership with La Tasca
1  Thank Seka302

Hola Seka302.

Thank you for your lovely comments, we are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. Looking forward seeing you again soon! ;)

Reviewed 12 July 2014

La Tasca is a tapas bar with lots of outdoor seating to enjoy a summer evening. The menu has lots of small plates - meat, veg, etc. and a good assortment of drinks. The food is not terribly expensive and the portions are what you would expect for tapas that are being shared. The problem was the service. Food was brought to the table and left even though it was not ordered. Then some time later the waiter came by to announce it was belonged to someone else but as it had been sitting there more than 15 minutes they offered it for free. No thanks - I didn't order it, and didn't want to eat it. When it was clear we were done eating - the dishes having been removed by the table bus person - and sitting with an open wallet on the table we waited almost 15 minutes to get the check. That was completely unacceptable, it was not that busy!

1  Thank cujo31

Hola cujo31.
I am very sorry to hear you had a poor experience with us. We regret the outcome of your meal. I would be grateful if you could contact me at the restaurant on 02075319990 or e-mail me your contact number to latasca.canarywharf@latasca.co.uk so I can discuss the matter with you in more detail and hopefully resolve in a satisfactory manner. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This restaurant is well located, you can sit outside and enjoy a view over West India docks and think you are in Singapore - apart from the weather.

The staff were friendly and service was good. The food was OK - I've had better. But my main complaint is the size of the portions 'Tapas for sharing'. La Tasca needs to decide what market it is aiming at because it is in a mess at the moment - £5.25 for 'slow roasted pork cheeks served on a bed of fries' is bordering on breaking the Trades Description Act (UK) as it is better described as chips with a hint of sauce - two pieces of meat, albeit tasty, each the size of a 10p coin. Sinilarly the chicken croquettes - 3 pieces is hardly ideal for sharing! The Spanish omelette is much smaller than it used to be.

La Tasca is moving into premium market - I would guess to be satisfied you would have to look at £25 per head WITHOUT drinks - just too much for what it is.

2  Thank Steve C
La Tasca C, Manager at La Tasca - Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

‘Hola Steve
I am very sorry to hear you had a poor experience with us, we regret the outcome of your meal. I would be grateful if you could contact me at the restaurant on 02075319990 or e-mail me your contact number to latasca.canarywharf@latasca.co.uk so I can discuss the matter with you in more detail and hopefully resolve in a satisfactory manner. We look forward to hearing from you
Thank you for your lovely comments about the staff and service.