“The best lunch in Brixton”
Review of KataKata

KataKata
Ranked #563 of 23,639 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$6 - US$11
Description: KataKata originates from the Cameroonian dialect of Douala, meaning to be creative in overcoming challenges in the face of difficulty. This is what KataKata represents, our culture and character all stem from this mindset, even down to our furniture, people donate and we give second-hand items new life. A healthy meal doesn’t need to break your bank account, it’s about being efficient and creative with the resources you have, this is KataKata. “A healthy attitude is contagious but don’t wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier” We champion a peaceful space for people of all backgrounds and faith. We love open discussion and celebrating different cultures by having an inclusive home for the world. Even our Vegan menu is purposely made to include everyone as no one can say they can’t eat a vegan dish! “There are two blessings which many people waste: health and free time.”
Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Today I went to Kata Kata for the second time this month, I just can't keep away. It is the most welcoming place, lovely decor, a lovely owner and DELICIOUS food. I have had the Red Goat Galette both times but my friend had the asparagus and spinach one and loved it. Comes with a yummy fresh salad including raw grated ginger which is totally delicious. Great coffee and juices too. The two of us had coffees juices and galettes and it came to only £20. GO! You won't regret it.

Date of visit: November 2016
3  Thank Amy W
Write a reviewReviews (203)

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed in Brixton for a bit over a month and I ate here very regularly. I'm a vegetarian and absolutely loved this place. The food was tasty, fresh and healthy with lots of variety. The savoury crepes are delicious (I tried about 5 different types and they were all very good) as well as the sweet crepes too!

The fresh juices are delicious and cheap. I'm going back home to Australia but I will miss coming here for fresh, filling and healthy food as well as the cool vibes and friendly staff.

Thanks kata kata!!

Date of visit: November 2016
2  Thank Grace C
Reviewed 24 October 2016

Chilled vibe, friendly service and delicious food. Everyone will love it but its a great option for diners needing gluten free or vegan choices. And try the fresh juices! Mmm!

Date of visit: October 2016
3  Thank SELondonCouple
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Food - excellent, varied, stuffed gluten free galettes (savoury and sweet) and healthy juices. So much yummy goats cheese!

Staff - always so friendly

Vibe - unique cafe vibe (island/French/African) with inside and outside seating.

Price - so good for what you get. £2.70 juices and around £6 for galettes.

Wifi is good too. Gooooo

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank Jonathan H
Reviewed 17 July 2016

Perfect food for me, as I am vegetarian and gluten free, I love the galettes and juices. I went with several elderly relatives and we had a big table in the back of the restaurant which was almost like a private dining room. Everyone enjoyed the food, it's very tasty and service is friendly.

Date of visit: April 2016