“All the Good Reviews are Right”
Review of The Wellness Home

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Wellness Home
Ranked #81 of 579 London B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Spent three nights in the twin room early in October. Room was simply but tastefully decorated, bed comfortable and bathroom modern and spacious. Only quibble--desk chair did not encourage long sessions on the internet. Maybe that's a good thing. David and Valerie have obviously thought a lot about what goes into a good b and b and have been successful in making their ideas a reality. The breakfasts are as varied and delicious as other people say and the hosts are excellent conversationalists. The location is extremely handy for the tube and almost as close to a bus into central London. The District Line isn't the most convenient as you need to change to get to most of the likely locations. However, the Piccadilly Line stops at Turnham Green after 10.30 pm so getting back late is a doddle. Chiswick is both a nice escape from central London (I loved the large common right across the road from the Wellness Home) and a place of some interest in itself. Lots of shops and coffee places on the High Street, and Chiswick House, Hogarth House and the Thames River path are all within walking distance and well worth a visit. Watch out for the underpass that gets you quickly across the Great West Way--I missed it and had to walk some distance along a very unpleasant road to get to the nearest traffic light. Finally, the cost of a room is extremely reasonable for a quality accommodation.

Room Tip: Twin is excellent. Did not see the other rooms. Might be a bit quieter upstairs but the twin was not...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank David M

Reviewed 21 October 2013

My husband and I stayed with David and Valerie for a week in September, making day trips into London, Greenwich, and Henley-on-Thames. We chose the Wellness Home because it was a perfect location, being such a short walk to the tube. Once we arrived, we were delighted with our room, downstairs in the twin room (only available room at the time of our visit)-- very clean and comfortable, with tea and coffee fixings in the room. Breakfasts were fantastic. I loved Valerie's homemade muesli, while my husband preferred David's select blend of granola, and we couldn't believe the variety of fresh fruits, breads, and cheeses that they offered each day. They are very attentive and helpful hosts. No matter what our need, they were able to offer suggestions and solutions. It really was a "perfect" match for us.

Room Tip: Didn't see the two upstairs rooms, but the downstairs room with twin beds was very comfortable...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2013

A friend and I stayed with David and Valerie for 6 nights, and we loved it there. The house is a short walk from the tube station, making it very easy to get where you need to quickly. We stayed in the triple room on the top floor - it has a wonderful terrace and lots of room. It is also very quiet, as the street in front of the house has almost no traffic. Breakfasts are vegetarian and just great - fruit, granola, bread and Valerie's wonderful home made muesli. Loved talking to other guests over breakfast - many have stayed at the Wellness Home before. Try Cote restaurant around the corner for wonderful dinners.

Room Tip: Top floor triple room has a single and double bed - great room but be prepared to climb stairs!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank divegirl3
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here 3 nights and can't say enough about it. The room was superb, the bathroom was modern and clean, and the breakfasts amazing. It is a minute from the tube station, and two minutes from the 94 bus that takes you directly into London center. The hosts, David and Valerie are great conversationalists and we enjoyed our discussions at breakfast. All in all, when we return to London, we will stay at the Wellness House.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jerseyguy50
Reviewed 14 September 2013

David and Valerie - thanks for a nice place to stay while in London on Business.

If you want a conventional English breakfast, you may want to find another place. If you prefer healthy fresh and delicious and you will like The Wellness Home...wonderful fruit, hearty breads, yogurts, local granola, cheeses etc....

The location is great...easy walk around the corner to the Underground - Chiswick is also home to plenty of local restaurants which your hosts can tell you all about. I travelled into Central London easily each day but it was good to stay in quieter Chiswick.

Simple and comfortable rooms with purified water to take with you on your daily trips. There is also a nice sitting room with a large TV. I can't wait to come back for my vacation in May.

Room Tip: 1st floor room was a little loud as its next to the kitchen and there are also rooms upstairs.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SteveSeattle63
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I stayed with David and Valerie for three weeks in July-August and as reviewers have stated, it's more like staying with friends as they are such warm and friendly hosts. For part of the trip I was by myself, working in Chiswick and as a female, felt so safe living there. I had the triple room on the third floor and am absolutely in love with that room! It's a large, warm (as in decor), comfortable room with a beautiful roof-top terrace where you can enjoy a cup of coffee, a glass of wine or a full moon on a warm evening. Breakfast is a lovely affair, with fresh, strong coffee prepared by David, a plate of different cheeses, different types of yogurt, wonderful croissants and fresh bread, different jams and other spreads, a selection of dry cereal and Valerie's own special home-made muesli. The best part of breakfast was meeting other guests and talking with Valerie and David--Valerie is the warmest, most friendly, helpful host I've ever met--she's more like a best friend but very professional and always in service of her guests. A true testament to David and Valerie's success as hosts is that I met people while I was there who have stayed with them multiple times and say that they've tried other B&B's while in London but after finding The Wellness Home, their search was over!

The first week of my stay London was very warm and as there is no A/C, Valerie suggested I sleep with the terrace door open as well as all the windows. I was at first concerned about sleeping with an open door but I had little to worry about, being on the third floor! The cross breeze between the windows and the terrace was just right and I had no problems sleeping at all. Also, there are no locks on the door but again, I quickly adjusted to that as I felt I was sleeping in a friend's or relative's home. Each week the linens (very high-quality linens) were changed and the room cleaned with fresh milk in the refrigerator for my coffee--yes, a small French Press, electric teapot and freshly ground coffee (as well as an assortment of teas) are provided for your convenience, as well as a computer, free wi-fi and a small refrigerator.

The Turnham Green tube station is right around the corner from their home and I could be in downtown London in no time on the Tube. I walked to work each day and High Road Street in Chiswick is loaded with small shops, boutiques, outside cafes and very nice restaurants. My favorite was Cote Brasserie just around the corner from The Wellness Home and my favorite bakery/coffeehouse was Gail's on High Road Street.

After three weeks I was sorry to leave but I know I'll be back again and The Wellness Home will always be my home away from home in London!

Room Tip: The triple room at the top is fantastic for a family or just one person who wants lots of space. La...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank apinter
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I traveled to Chiswick by myself just to get away and relax. I could not have asked for a better place to stay. I stayed 7 nights at the Wellness Home. I actually prefer to say "at David and Valerie's" because it was more like staying with friends. They are wonderful hosts who make you feel comfortable and are there to help you with any questions you may have about your travels. This was very important with me being a female traveling on her own. I stayed in the Triple Room at the top of their home. It was very clean and comfortable. It was much better than going back to a hotel each evening! There is a terrace outside this room that I enjoyed every day. I would sit out there and drink my coffee at night. It was so peaceful. The home is located in an ideal location....within walking distance to bus, tube, parks, cafe's, shops, and restaurants. I also loved Chiswick. I missed my family but didn't want to leave Chiswick or the Wellness Home....now my home away from home! I can't wait to visit again! I highly recommend the Wellness Home.

Room Tip: Triple room has a large private terrace that is awesome for relaxing!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo