“Best food in North West London”
Review of Spicy Basil

Spicy Basil
Ranked #1,689 of 23,992 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Do not go here for the service. Go here for the food. Amazingly quick service, cheap at approx. £6 per meal and bring your own with a corkage charge. The food is superb and the restaurant is always busy. A great place to grab something to eat/a takeaway.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

they are always full, whatever time of the day it is.

Their food tastes great. Very simple food and priced reasonably.

all dishes £5 and snacks are I think £3, etc. etc.

I am a frequent visitor of this place now. Usually do not like thai much but their food is irresistible.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I have eaten there because of the value and being a cheap meal. However, a week ago I needed to get a takeaway as I had no time to cook due to my partner having an operation. I phoned repeatedly taking 45 mins to get through. When I eventually I did, I was told 50 mins to wait when in the past it has been no more than 30 mins. When an hour passed, I had to ring to find out where the food was. A very unapologetic man told me that it would be there soon, which then turned out to be another half hour but yet no food. When rang again, the excuse then was that the food was dropped so had to be re-done. Asked why this was not relayed to me he was extremely rude and refused to apologise or use his discretion to forgo the cost. I was so distressed and annoyed that I cancelled the order.
Having visited the restaurant on a number of occasions, you still have to wait 1 hour at times for a table in busy periods. Although the food is cheap and it is cooked there and then, the food is average and the ingredients are not fresh. The restaurant is very small and it feels like you are in a canteen. I am sure the reason why you only pay cash is to avoid less corporate tax (if only HMRC knew).
There are plenty more good Thai places around, so if I were you I would avoid this place.

3  Thank lily r
Reviewed 19 February 2014

All the food is cooked in front of you in super quick time which is pretty good. Unfortunately it's always busy at peak-times so I usually end up doing a take away. Limited space to wait for take away is a bit frustrating but overall amazing food.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Eating the food here is just like eating in thailand, and I have never been to a restaurant in this country that is such good value.