“Great place La Pappardella”
Review of La Pappardella

La Pappardella
Ranked #323 of 23,571 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Earls Court
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My only complaint is that we haven't found this amazing place earlier during our stay in London. Great ambiance, always packed Italian restaurant. We only had dessert there after dining elsewhere, but the pizza looked delicious so did their pasta. Next time will dine there for sure. We had gelato, and coffee for dessert and it was heavenly! Definitely recommend this place!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

La Pappardella is a good place to go for reasonably priced Italian food.....but having be there twice now, I don't quite see why this place gets the high ratings that it does on this site. Our experience of the pizza and pasta dishes is that they are fine, generous portions......but nothing special.

Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Ate here with my hubby at beginning if September. Found all the food lovely, we somehow managed 3 courses each but probably pushed it a bit far! Every thing we had was really well cooked but you just get loads. A goats cheese tartlet for starter was actually two tartlets and could have been a shared starter it was so big. Had to leave some just so I could leave space for my main. Really tasty though. All staff lovely and friendly and received a complementary limoncello at the end.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Every time i tell friends about how's good is mayonnaise on pizza, they either laugh or make disgust faces (mostly if they're Italian). Finally I've found a very good place to let them try by themselves the (in)famous Pizza Rossini (with boiled eggs and mayonnaise) typical of my hometown Pesaro. A part from this delicacy, not so easy to find in London, the restaurant has a really friendly atmosphere, the stuff (all Italians) are nice. The menu presents a large choice of typical dishes from the Alps to Sicily. Whatever you decide to order (pasta, meat, seafood), you'll have well prepared food with fresh and high quality ingredients. Definitely good value for money.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

There is no doubt, the quality of pizza here is first class. Prices for central London are reasonable too. My wife's and mine both tasted almost "home made", being obviously made with passion plus fresh dough and non of this frozen nonsense. So why 'very good' and not top marks?

Firstly, there is no choice of optional ingredients to add to any pizza. What's on their menu is exactly what they are offering. We did nonetheless ask to substitute one of the ingredients and our request was to remove the meat on one of our pizzas, and substitute it with sweetcorn. Alas, sweetcorn is bizarrely not on the premises! This is the first pizzeria in London that we've eaten in that has no sweetcorn as an optional item. Anyway, we were offered mushroom instead, which we accepted. It must also be noted that there is a good selection of dishes for anyone who is vegetarian.

There are plenty of Italian favourites on the menu, such as Pasta e Fagioli & Minestrone soup, at around the five pound level including 10% service.

When we visited, there were two members of staff on duty at front of house; both with almost mirror personalities - one being quite pleasant and welcoming, while the other was not exactly unpleasant, but then again, to say that she too was welcoming and friendly would be verging on inexact. I don't mean that she was particularly rude, just that she was clearly doing (as opposed to enjoying) her job. The low point of service was this: when our drinks arrived, and the waitress was about to pour, my wife politely said "one moment please, could I have no lemon slice [in her drink] please?" at which point our server ceased pouring, then my wife removed her lemon slice, and our waitress simply walked off, leaving us to pour our own - as if that request was irritating to her. Having said that, service was always efficient and we didn't find ourselves having to wait long to be served.

It is a tastefully decorated and pleasantly lit restaurant - albeit more for day to day dining, than say - for any special occasion. Its atmosphere is more casual than anything else, and although their pizzas are excellent I just can't imagine going to the trouble of booking a table here, rather than if we should be in the area again, we'd certainly consider re-visiting.

That being said, those in search of an excellent pizza should go out of their way to eat at this restaurant, for it is certainly worth a journey on its pizza quality alone.

I'll round up by saying - given the choice between La Pappardella and the choice of any chain restaurant, although not a perfect experience, it's still, at least in most respects, the better choice.