“Enjoyable”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Earls Court
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We went for dinner and were greeted warmly by the staff, seated, and our drinks order taken and served quickly. We had a Greek salad, spaghetti bolognese, hawiain pizza, and tiramisu for dessert. The whole dinner was hot, tasty, and served at appropriate intervals so conversation and drinks could take place. The staff, and owner were fun and welcoming. It was an enjoyable evening. I would go back anytime.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Ate here tonite. Pizza was good. No heavy salt and feeling is was very healthy. Service was excellent! Very attentive without being annoying. Place was buzzing!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Every time we go to London, we eat at La Pappardella. A lot of choice on the menu (starters, pastas, pizzas). The pizzas are fresh home made and delicious. They also propose good italian wine on the menu. The atmosphere is very welcoming. We love that place and we recommend it.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I have been an avid supporter of the Pappardella and have been coming for years so I was very disappointed to be told to wait 10 minutes for our table in a very hot stuffy room - despite having made a booking some hours before. They did not apologise once and were letting people behind us go in, shaking their hands, being very welcoming whilst choosing to ignore us. Two tables freed up and we asked if we could go on one rather than the other but they simply refused...
My friend suffers from a severe lactose intolerance, we notified the waitress but she didn't seem to acknowledge it..we tried to re-stress our point to which was greeted by rolled eyes and general annoyance.
Service was included in our bill which, had we the choice, we probably would not have paid.
Apart from the unfriendly service, the food - as usual - was good and also came very quickly. Generous portions and reasonable pricing.
Staff really have let this place down unfortunately.

1  Thank Phoebe H
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Visited La Pappardella before going to Earls Court. I can honestly say it was the worst tasting meal that I have ever eaten. My daughter and I both had the risotto with sausage and porcini mushroom, it tasted vile, very bland with a hint of cleaning fluid. My husband and younger daughter both opted for pizza which they enjoyed. We had a waiter lurking about behind our table the whole time we were eating which made me feel slightly uncomfortable. When he came to clear our almost full plates, he asked if we liked it, I said not really and he just walked off. I think they have a cheek to add a service charge to the bill. Worst Italian food I've ever had. Don't understand all the rave reviews on here!

1  Thank DottieWP