“Average”

Ranked #559 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Average”
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights. The hotel was largely value for money, given the price we paid!

We had an executive room which was spacious, as we had booked a standard room but when we checked in it was on the ground floor and to be honest when we arrived at the hotel staying on the ground floor is quite undesirable given the location.

The room wasn't immaculate as the duvet cover had a hole in and there was a stain on the duvet. The shower curtain also had a stain on.

The bed wasn't comfortable and the air conditioning made a noise so couldn't be kept on all night which meant the room was quite warm in the morning.

Largely the staff were friendly although one member of staff was quite rude on check in.

Location was great for us as we wanted to visit Shoreditch, Spitalfields and Columbia Road. About 8 mins walk from Bethnal Green Station and within a 20 min walk to Liverpool Street. The bus was also really good.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Hotel location is excellent. Easy Public transport connections. Underground tube is not too far, just half mile away. City center is just 2-3 miles. Affordable prices compare to location. Check-in / Check-out was smooth. Though this hotel lacks Leisure activities like Pool, Games but I will definitely recommend this Hotel for short stays.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Manoj K
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The room looks/feels clean and new. There is a gym on basement with new equipment as well. On my first week staying here, I was having a little trouble with WiFi in the room. Occasionally it dropped and it could not connect back. My second week stayed here I asked for a room with a good WiFi connection. They gave me a room on second floor instead of third and it does have better connection.

I would come back here and stay here again. Tube station is quite far away, 10/15mins walk. I rent the 'Boris bike' for travelling everyday so it's not a trouble as the bike station is just right in front of the hotel and the place I need to go. If I need to take the tube, I will just hop on 'Boris bike' for 3 mins ride to/from hotel.

Room Tip: My room on second floor seems to have better internet connection than the one on third. Just make su...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Bar Harbor, Maine
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I've just returned from a three night stay at The RE. Since everyone is looking for something different, I thought it might be helpful to just share some facts for the next guy. I used to manage a hotel, so I thought my viewpoint might be interesting to some.

I found a great price on one of those you-don't-know-which-hotel-until-after-you-book deals, so I didn't choose this hotel on purpose but because it was a great priced 3-star in London. I had no idea about the location in advance at all.

Pros
Extremely clean
Not too far from downtown
While the room is certainly compact, it's not cramped.
Bus stop just a block down and tube station is a 10 minute walk.
1 robe and 1 pair of slippers are in the closet.
The desk had a free electrical converter for my entire stay.
On another site, someone suggested it wasn't in a safe looking neighborhood. At first glace, it may seem like the case, but this is a fine neighborhood, I walked alone late at night and it was a bustling area and had no problem at all.
Billy's Cafe across the street is a little place with a good breakfast
Lots of good restaurants just 10 minutes down the road.

Cons
Amenities include shampoo and lotion but no conditioner.
The hair dryer is the type you have to hold the button down for it to run and attached to the wall in the room, not the bathroom.
My room had two single beds pushed together. Who sleeps like that?
While the towels are large, they are so rough you don't want to rub them on your skin.
I needed a taxi that would take a credit card on my first night. The desk told me that the company they used does not take cards, and even though they knew of a company that would, they would not call them for me.
You don't stay here for the view, mine was a pair of dumpsters
I wanted to go to the Geffrye Museum, which is a 10 minute walk away, and no one at the desk knew of it.
I asked for suggestions on things to do and the staff was at a loss for suggestions.
While the tube station is only 10 minutes away, it is a haul with luggage. I took a taxi to the tube station (I had three bags) and it was 7 pounds, which I think was crazy for that short a ride.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Acadiajoy
Bagshot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed at the RE Shoreditch for one night for business. The room was an OK size and clean and comfortable. My room faced a side street so was quiet apart from the noises from within the hotel - the neighbour's shower sounded very loud in my room and the aircon was noisy so I turned it off at night.

The downsides were that the receptionist walked off to deal with a parcel delivery during check-in, just leaving me standing there like a lemon, and neither the wifi or the wired internet access worked in my room....waste of time taking my laptop to do some work.

Nice touches with the bottled water being free and the cookies in the room.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Chamonix, France
Reviewed 9 December 2013

A decent hotel with a decent price located near by Broadway market in Shoreditch, London E2. Friendly customer service, clean quiet rooms and a nice bed. Lobby bar offers decent meals if you arrive late. Restaurants serves food until 10 pm o Broadway market.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, short walk from tube station. Friendly staff at front desk, especially Duarte was very knowledgeable about the area and was to great help with very good service skills!
Nice that they serve food after midnight!

Lots of interesting markets around the hotel and quick to get the tube to the centre of London or the olympic park with a massive shopping centre.

Nice detail with complimentary water and cookies in the room. Room was clean.

Hotel is helpful to book a private car which only costs £20 to the centrum, much cheaper than the black cabs.

Will stay here again!