“RE Shoreditch”

Ranked #550 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Bellevue, Washington
“RE Shoreditch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

I was over for a business trip and arranged a stopover in London to see some friends. While some locals recommended this place to me, I was amazed how nice it ended up being! It was walking distance from the event I was attending and a lot of attendees were staying in the same place. The service was fantastic and the accommodations quite nice! If I make it across for the event this year, I will definitely be staying in the same hotel!

Room Tip: I was a decent ways up and didn't have opportunity to try the other rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Norwich
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

I spent a night at the RE hotel after one of those "last moment" offers, I was looking for an hotel at a decent distance from Liverpool street station and got one
Bot me and my partner walk a lot, so for us it was definitely walking distance to Bethnal Green tube station (for us, less than 10'), but if you don't want to walk, or have heavy luggage, there are at least 2 bus lines from the city stopping right in front of the hotel.
No need to catch a taxi, just have a google and look what connections are available.
Nice room, good bathroom and amenities, fridge with complimentary water and space for things you might have bought during the day..we did not need the wifi but we were given a password and instructions, and my phone was showing an available connection.
We did not have breakfast as it was not included in our offer, so no idea how it was. But we used the coffee and tea making facilities and they were OK.
The walls are not very thick so bunch of giggly people next door was a bit of a pain in the beginning of the night, but as it was a Friday evening it is almost unavoidable. The beds were , for me, very very comfy, we asked for a double bed and got one, not 2 attached twin beds.
All considered a good experience, especially for the price we payed.
Pre-sweeping of your credit/debit card to cover for damages can feel a bit exaggerated, but with what some people can do during week-ends in town it is a wise idea... the money never left my account, I just looked, but it is handy to have a card or cash to leave as deposit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Bali, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stayed at Re London, because we want to avoid paying crazy room rate, turns out it's quite far from the city, and yet it's not a walk-able distance to the tube station. Nothing much in the area, there were very little restaurants within walking distance. There was free wi fi, free water in rooms so yay! It was 1am when we heard the sirens, we were so panicked i thought there was a fire. Turned out, a guy next door smoked and it activated the alarm. The good thing is...the alarm worked ! and i feel safe just incase of the fire, the alarm would on. Room is clean, Customer Service was ...okay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

The hotel was very helpful with my request for a baby cot it was there when we booked in so no waiting.everything else fine breakfast is to expensive at £15.00 per person. Then you can walk 100 yards to city cafe and get a full English breakfast for around £6.00.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Manchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

This hotel is really nice inside- very modern and clean. Staff are very helpful booking taxis and giving directions etc.

I stayed for 3 nights on a business trip and was pleased with the extra facilities like free wifi, free water in the rooms, dressing gowns and good tea and coffee making facilities.

Beds were large and comfortable- although the TV seemed disproportionately small to the room and you couldn't really see it in bed.

The major negative about the hotel is the location- it is in what I would describe as a rough neighborhood and I honestly didn't feel safe to walk around there after dark. The nearest tube station is 10 minute walk thorugh a dodgy area. There is a bus stop literally opposite the hotel so i switched from tube to bus after the 1st day.

Overall nice hotel but the location lets it down so i wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank sunbeammoonbeam
Rushden, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

checked in all ok, customer service wasn't great but did the job in hand. as I was checking out I quired the Authorisation hold of £50 as I didn't understand how it worked. as I asked questions she became a bit aggressive. I returned to the desk to ask for the receipt of this £50 (which I now understand) I stood to listen to what she said about me when I left, to hear her slagging me off about being English and all English are thick. I confronted her at this point to see her face drop but she quickly started talking down to me again. How dare she work in England and slag the English off. I was also woken up several times during the night due to doors slamming. But this lady should be sacked and I am going to make sure she does. this was 30th December at 9/10am.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Kuching, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

The rooms were nice and clean with comfortable pillows/beds. Didnt face any problems with noise although my room faced the street. There was a shoe polish machine at the ground floor, i thought this was a nice touch.

The hotel is slightly away from the main tourist area but it is well serviced by bus. The nearest tube station is the Bethnal Green station, which is about a 10 minute walk away. There are some restaurants and a McD outlet, all within a 10 minute walking radius. The area felt safe at night. Even if you come back by bus dont worry because the bus stops right in front of the hotel.

My only gripe was the wifi. It was not stable and I got logged out numerous times.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends