“Helpful staff, good location, beds & pillows not as comfy as Premier Inn”

The RE London Shoreditch
Ranked #568 of 1,067 Hotels in London
North West
“Helpful staff, good location, beds & pillows not as comfy as Premier Inn”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed here on a Sunday & Monday night on a deal from Laterooms room only (so cannot comment on breakfast) so the price we paid was excellent. The hotel decor was very modern & a cut above the Premier Inn. Sadly the bed & pillows in our room were a bit lumpy & not enormously comfortable, they could definitely do with refreshing so a bit below Premier Inn on that front. However the hotel was beautifully clean, there was masses of hot water, the air con worked. No wifi so just used 4G on phone. The location is great and feels safe. The staff were helpful & particularly so when it looked like I might have to organise a late check out they couldn't have been more helpful, hats off to them.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with a group of female friends/colleagues March 2014. The staff were very friendly and helpful but the rooms etc were not four class quality. The bathroom door didn't fit properly and had to be pulled very firmly to close, the main room door catch was broken off and my quilt cover, although clean had a 7inch rip down the side. I would have been happy to stay here at 3star prices as I believe that's what it us but think I would have got a better deal staying at a premier inn.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Check in here was an absolute nightmare. It was slow and I could see a lot of people looking stressed.
When I finally got to the desk, I realised why - They want a £50 room deposit from you for insurance against room damage!!
When I challenged this I got a lot of attitude from the reception staff. I did search for another hotel on my mobile as she was talking to me but couldnt find one under the £160 I'd have to pay for this hotel. I'd have like to tell her to keep her room and walk out.

Here's some other good / bad points:

Good
-Room size and free water. I did have an executive suite mind.
-Gym- Moddern equipment, free water and fruit. Go there just for that if anything!
-Food - Evening meal was nice.
-Location - Right near loads of nice things
-Comforatble beds and aircon in rooms

Bad
-Staff - Often snooty and always have a smart answer for everything
-Wifi - Don't bother. Use your 4G / 3G handset. They've had WIFI feedback for months on here and obviously dont give a toss as its still the same
-Breakfast - Paoched eggs overcooked to the point of being hard boiled.

Would I stay here again? I wouldnt be bothered either way if I did or didnt. Neutral.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Basurq
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

I pre booked our room via Secretescapes.com, only to have give £50 deposit when checking in. The front desk assistant wasn't pleasant and given us a frosty appearance that we are gonna trash the room (hence the £50 deposit). Wasn't happy about the deposit thing as we wasn't informed till this till the check in but had a lovely room (apart from squeaky bathroom door) but the breakfast we could not complaint and the full English was to die for! So that's why I'm giving. 4 out of 5 instead of 5.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

This was good/very good and perfectly suited my needs as a solo traveller to a conference nearby. Clean, comfortable and OK self-service breakfasts with a reasonable range of light, continental and cooked breakfasts. A notch above a Premier Inn - I would stay again if I needed to stay East of the City again.

• Stayed September 2013
Wickford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

A comfortable and stylish room in a pleasant and well kept hotel. Bar was thriving although I didn't have a drink there. Bus stop outside the hotel which can take you all the way to Waterloo though central London should you need it.

Got a fantastic deal through lastminute.com

Only gripe was I ordered a double room and got a twin which was a bit annoying!

Will definite

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank owajon
England
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Very good hotel and was a nice surprise to have bathrobes and slippers in room. Bar area very good and even had breakfast brought to the room. It's nearer to bethnal green tube station than shoreditch. Plenty of restaurants and pubs nearby.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business