“LOVE the re London shoreditch”

The RE London Shoreditch
Ranked #567 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Santa Rosa do Sul, SC
“LOVE the re London shoreditch”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I couldn't have picked a better hotel to stay in when I was visiting down from Manchester. Great location close to the city center, lots of shops and take aways nearby. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, they even helped me with my luggage.
Had a great time and can't wait to come back to London again where I'll surely be staying at this hotel once more.
Cheers guys.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joana N
DarrynTanner, General Manager at The RE London Shoreditch, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Joana, We thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at The RE London Shoreditch and for your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to The RE in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Awful! Just awful.

In all my years of customer service management and training, I've never come across such a rude, impolite, obnoxious bunch of staff.

They wouldn't know good service if it came and slapped them in the face. I actually had to have 3 arguments with reception staff - too unhelpful for words.

Breakfast - disaster! Nothing left at 8am, it was pathetic! What was there was cold and greasy and so overpriced.

The rooms - tired and in need of attention. Damaged rooms that need renovating. Bad repair jobs and a shower that flooded the whole bathroom.
Needed decorating, badly.

Food - mediocre and overpriced.

Checkout - was overcharged and had to have another debate about it. The man was so rude I ended up walking away in the end.

Location - nowhere near Shoreditch, it's a good mile and a half away. False advertising so don't go out at night unless you want to be mugged - really rough area!

So overall an overpriced pretensions, nightmare staff joke!

Booker beware - stay elsewhere!!!!

Stayed July 2014
6 Thank tripreview84
Dear Sir or Madam, We at the RE London Shoreditch are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and are surprised that so many areas of the Hotel disappointed you as we do not often receive such strong feedback. If you let me address your comments below: We apologise if you felt any of the staff were not accommodating or courteous towards you, we are always endeavouring to improve our training but on occassion the staff are just following Company Procedures that may not be appreciated by all guests, such as late check-out that you have commented on. Breakfast is served for on average three and a half hours per day so we accept that there may be a few minutes at odd times where a number of items have been taken by a queue of guests but they are replenished immediately up until 10am weekdays and 10.30am at weekends. We have a Maintenance Team on site 7 days a week catering for any running repairs and are unaware of any damaged or tired rooms and the showers would only leak onto bathroom floor if the curtain was left outside of the bath. Finally we are not trying to false advertise by the name of the Hotel, we are clearly stated on the map of the website that we are to be found on Hackney Road, albeit only a five minute bus ride away from Shoreditch High Street / Hoxton where buses collect and drop directly outside Hotel. I hope that you are able to return to The RE London Shoreditch so we can show you the positive side of the Hotel.

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The staff is kind and friendly, my room looked even better than already did in the picture! It was very spacious, bright and modern. Nice location, close to the city center, very accessible by transport. On my floor next to the lift there was a private communal space, with sofas, chairs, flowers etc which is ideal for socializing. I loved my stay very much! I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family.Special thank to the reception team: Andrea, Martine, Dorina, Viktor and others.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank AlexBoume
DarrynTanner, General Manager at The RE London Shoreditch, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Alex, We at The RE thank you for your kind words relating to your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the RE as a guest in the near future.
Boca Raton
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Not even checked out but must post our review. Thus IS NOT a 4-star hotel by any means! Terrible location, unkind staff, random people in the lobby - truly awful experience! DO NOT BOOK THIS! We got a decent rate by doing the Expedia "blind" hotel pick but really are unhappy!

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank BocaRatonHopeB
Dear Madam, We at the RE are sorry you did not enjoy your stay at the Hotel as we do aim to offer a professional polite efficient service to all guests. I have discussed with the staff and we are unaware that you have spoken with us to advise us of your displeasure as we would surely have addressed and done everything to resolve. We do believe that the surreounding area although classified as East End and not a traditional Central London loaction is safe and is seen as a thriving, trendy, urban area where you can enjoy many hidden gems of bars,restaurants and cafe's or with a 5-10 minute bus ride direct from outside the Hotel you can be in Hoxton, Shoreditch or Liverpool Street. I apologise if any staff were not courteous in their approach to you, as for Hotel guests we have both resident and non-resident guests but will ensure that everyones behavior is monitored so they do not affend any other guests within the Hotel.
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I have not used the RE on my recent business trips to London as the room rate had increased dramatically, but on this occasion I managed to get a good rate so I was pleased to be able to use the hotel once again.
The reception staff have improved dramatically since the hotels early days when it opened as a Days hotel. You are greeted by smartly dressed friendly staff in a professional manner.
On a really hot London day the air conditioned room was once again very clean and furnished to a good standard? bar and restaurant were good with once again good staff on duty.
I was please to visit the RE again with its excellent secure parking and will keep my eyes on the website for more realistic room rates to suit the regular traveler.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank iantulloch
Dear Mr Tulloch, we at the RE thank you for your kind words and in particular appreciate that you have noticed the journey we have made over the years and continue to strive to evolve and improve moving forward. We look forward to wlecoming you back soon and are sure that if you keep an eye on our website you will see when we have special offers available.
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 17 July 2014

It is a very nice, calm and beautiful hotel. Stuff is very friendly, professional and helpful. Brain new gym FREE of charge with complimentary towels, water and fruits. Rooms are big, very bright and modern with all kind of amenities. New super fast WIFI. Free business center. Very cool bar that is open until 5 am))) Short walk to tube station, very good and calm location.
I DO recommend this hotel, I will be back for sure.
Thanks...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Viktor_VS88
We at the RE thank you for your kind comments and are happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you REturn as a guest in the near future.
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Nice rooms and quite nice personnel. Very disappointed though that wifi was supposed to be available but didn't work at all in our room. I talked to the reception personnel about it and they said it would work if they rebooted the wifi and also gave us access to another wifi (the cloud). However none of the wifis worked in our room during our stay and we tried both on mobile devices and laptop. This was something I asked for especially when making the reservation which is why I am very disappointed!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Magdalima
Dear Magdalima, We at the RE are sorry you did not enjoy your stay at the Hotel as we do aim to offer a professional polite efficient service to all guests. If I may reply to your comments below: We have indeed had some failure with regards to our Internet and have been badly let down by our network provider but I am pleased to confirm that a sizeable investment has been made in changing Network Provider, Quicker Speed as well as complete change of Access Point technology relating to the delivery and distribution of the service so all guests will benefit. This is now available throughout the Hotel but we do also offer the 'Cloud' Network available through our communual areas such as bar and restaurant particularly for non-residents.