1,475 results
All reviews bethnal green hackney road cambridge heath broadway market car lift shoreditch area brick lane nice hotel central line minute walk complimentary water main road tesco express bus stop comfy bed twin room stayed here for one night
Reviewed 16 April 2009

Good:
New, modern rooms.
Well cleaned, nice chamber maid.
Safe garage.
Location - bus takes 20 minutes to Oxford Street. just outside the hotel.
Free Independent downstairs.

Bad:
Breakfast: £9.95 for Full English. A sign on the buffet tells you to only go once to the buffet. Very nice and inviting . . .The hot items my partner chose were cold. Complained and thought he'd get a new breakfast out of the kitchen. Instead he got given the same plate heated up in the microwave. Mmmhhh . . .
Choice on the buffet is very poor. I had continental breakfast for £7.95. Only one kind of bread, one type of cheese, no sliced meats, no chocolate spread, fruit choices were whole apples or oranges. When asking for a boiled egg I got told they don't do boiled eggs.So it was £7.95 for a bowl of cereal.

Reception: Overcharged me at first. In general seemed very annoyed whenever somebody asked a question about directions.

Bar: drinks too expensive

Internet: What a rip off at £5 per hour! Should be free these days.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank IlkaNewport
Reviewed 14 April 2009

Stayed here once before and liked it enough to book again. Location wise, it's not really in Shoreditch, about 30 mins walk. Tube station only 5 minutes walk away. Best part of the location is the Hackney city farm just down the road. Go here for breakfast or lunch - it's great! Also Columbia Road flower market on Sunday morning is a must visit 5 minutes walk away. Very close to Brick lane too (30 mins walk).

Hotel is of an overall good standard. However, both mornings of our weekend stay a maid knocked on our door at 9am to ask if she could clean the room. I would recommend putting the 'do not disturb' sign on your door before you go to bed each night. We had a corner room very close to the lift and could hear the ringing bell noise constantly going all night, which got very annoying. Despite these minor things I would stay here again.

The hotel has a secure underground car park which cost £20 per night.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emmylou
Reviewed 13 April 2009

I stayed in this hotel while attending a Paolo Nutini Gig. My friend and I were very happy with the service we recieved, the hotel reception staff were very welcoming and we arrived too early yet they let us have a room, instead of us having to wait for a few hours.

The room was spotlessly clean, it was basic yet very modern.
It was so clean and we were very impressed overall. It had nice fresh, fluffy towels and dove soap, which is better than normal bland smelling hotel soap. The shower was good as it was a power shower and had various settings.

The staff serving/assisting with breakfast in the morning were also very pleasant and the breakfast itself was amazing. The overall atmosphere and ambience in the hotel was rather homely and welcoming.

Overall this was good quality and well worth the money, the staff were very accomodating and that is always a bonus :)

Regards,

Paula L Nicol

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 March 2009

There is not one thing I could fault about this hotel. Many reviews here say it takes 15 minutes to get the the hotel, but it's no more than a 6-7 minute walk. Granted its in a slightly rundown area but the nearby small shops are cheery and friendly. The hotel itself is spotlessly clean and very sparkly, we were pleasantly surprised! Through a third-party booking site we got the room for €50, including continental breakfast!

Our room was large and again spotlessly clean, very nicely decorated and fresh. The bathroom was a joy and the shower is beautiful. We had tea/coffee/hot chocolate in the room, an iron and ironing board and a hairdryer. You're welcomed by name on the flatscreen TV when you come in and there is a wide choice of channels. The staff are super friendly and the hotel is quiet.

The breakfast was great, we got inclusive continental breakfast - yogurts, toast, danish pastries, croissants, variety of cereals, cheese, jam, orange juice and tea/coffee. My partner got a cooked breakfast and this cost only 4 pounds! There's internet in the rooms and in the lobby. Would recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trippyfuntimes
Reviewed 19 February 2009

We couldn't find any real fault with this hotel other than the its location.....it's not even near Shoreditch, its bewteen Bethnal Green & Hackney.

The hotel itself is very good. Reception staff on arrival courteous and efficient...same on departure. Rooms (we had 2 interconnecting) were better than basic, they were clean, comfortable and well presented, but a bit on the small side.

Concering the location of the hotel, it's about a 5 minute stroll from Cambridge Heath railway station (exit the station and turn left under the bridge) onto Hackney Road. We arrived in daylight ......I recommend that all guests should. When we returned later that night after being to a show in the West End, we did so by black taxi. Incidently Cambridge Heath has a very good service (every 15 minutes) to/from Liverpool Street...I'd only do so in daylight.

Our rooms were located to the front of the Hotel facing the aforementioned Hackney Road which is a very busy road 24 hours a day with cars, buses, truck with plenty of police & ambulance sirens thrown in for good measure too. I think our rooms were double glazed.......should have been triple glazed !!!!!

I'd be happy to recommend this hotel as a base for short stay in London, but I'd have serious reservations about it's location and the surrounding area.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family