“perfect overnight stay in London”

The RE London Shoreditch
Ranked #564 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Yorkshire, England
“perfect overnight stay in London”
Reviewed 14 July 2009

booked through laterooms.com - was very good value! We were in such a convenient location to visit our son in Shoreditch.

The rooms were very clean and tidy beds very comfy and it was peaceful and quiet!
Will definitely return soon!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 11 July 2009

Hotel is new and everything worked pretty much as expected. Room was a little on the small side, but well enough furnished. TV was good, good selection of towels in the bathroom (lots of hotels scrimp on this, and I've no idea why) and it passed the wooden coat hanger test. At 68 pounds (I booked through expedia) it's a bargain for central-ish London. At the rack rate, it might not be such a good deal. Just one thing though.... Shoreditch? I'd say it's a mile from there, and I doubt anyone living in the area would say it's Shoreditch. Area is slightly grotty, but I wouldn't regard that as a reason not to stay there, as it is convenient for many districts.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Various, UK
Reviewed 7 July 2009

I've stayed at the days hotel for a number of weeks and on the whole my experience had been reasonably pleasant - the rooms are nice and clean with air conditioning, although the walls are quite thin and you will probably experience noise from neighbours depending on how full the hotel is. I'd had to request to be moved on a number of occasions. Overall basic, but does the job.

The buttons on the lift (elevator) need replacing, you need to press them several times before anything happens. Numerous times I've seen guests standing waiting for a lift which is never going to arrive! Sad that the staff don't appear to want to help.

The tip of the iceburg came after making a weeks booking online through a popular booking website, sadly I was unable to check in on the sepecified date but didn't think that would be an issue. To my horror I arrived to be told that the hotel was full and I would be charged in full for a weeks stay, even though they were unable to provide me with a room. While I can appreciate the predicament of the staff, their attitude was simply "tough luck" which I didn't find at all helpful.

I will NOT be recommending this hotel to anyone in the future.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
DaysHotelL, Sales Manager at The RE London Shoreditch, responded to this review, 17 July 2009
Thank you for taking time to write a review of Days Hotel London – Shoreditch on the Trip Advisor. It is sad that you had a bad experience on your last visit, as you can see we have been rated very highly for the excellent customer service and the standard of cleanliness we maintain at our hotel. When investigated found that you have booked for a week on advance purchase where you are guaranteed the lowest price and it comes with few terms and conditions which you are well aware- of, when you book on advance purchase you can’t cancel or amend the booking nor you will get any refund.
In your case you booked the room for one week and you didn’t turn up on the 1st night nor you called the hotel and informed your inability to come, hence automatically the booking is treated as a “NO SHOW” and the terms and conditions of advance booking will apply.
When you arrived unexpectedly, one day after the actual day of arrival the hotel was fully booked and we were not expecting you to come, when you don’t arrive on the actual date of arrival automatically rest of the days are cancelled as you have not communicated with the hotel. The Duty Manager did his best to explain you the situation and wanted to help you to find alternative arrangement s but you were comfortable in find it yourself. On a busy day when our hotel is fully booked there is very little that hotel staff can do and I sincerely hope you will understand our position.
While we truly understand your frustration and anger, there is very little we can do on a situation of above nature.
We always strive hard to accommodate all the requests of our valuable guests, and our staff are well trained to make sure that guests requests are dealt immediately, if a room is noisy we give the guests choice of rooms and move the guests as soon as possible to the room guest has selected.
Thank you for your comments on the Elevator buttons, we have already taken action and requested the maintenance department to attend to it and do the needful.
You have been a valuable customer of Days Hotel London Shoreditch and we strive hard to deliver absolute value for money to our customers and as a gesture of goodwill I for all the inconvenience caused on your last visit I am pleased to offer you and upgrade to a Executive Work Zone room on a Single room rate on your next visit.
Please book your next stay at Days Hotel Shoreditch with the Sales Manager and I will make sure that you are upgraded and always will be allocate the best available quite room at all times.
Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Days Hotel London – Shoreditch soon.

Faleel Marikkar MHCIMA
Days Hotel London - Shoreditch

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Rotherham
Reviewed 4 July 2009

I have been trying to book a stay at this hotel for the past week. If the customer service I have encountered both at Central Reservations and the hotel itself is anything to go by then do yourself a favour and book elsewhere. Rude, Abrupt and unhelpful to the point of obstruction. Any potential solutions were dismissed and I have now taken my buisness to a rival operator who would do anything to help.

Suggest you do the same.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
DaysHotelL, Sales Manager at The RE London Shoreditch, responded to this review, 22 July 2009
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for taking time to write a review of Days Hotel London – Shoreditch on the Trip Advisor. It is sad that you were not able to make your reservation neither through our Central reservation nor directly with the hotel. In your review there is only very little information, even to investigate your complaint, hence I was not in a position to investigate your complaint, If you provide me with more information I will be more than happy look in to it.
It is surprising to read your comments, in general our service standards are very high, majority of guest reviews in the Trip Adviser will act as a testimony to this statement. We take all reviews very seriously and work hard to eliminate them and make sure we never repeat it. we strive hard to deliver the best customer service to our valuable customers, hence I kindly request you give us an opportunity to serve you, please on your next visit call the hotel and ask for the sales manager or send mail attention to the sales manager and we will attend to your request immediately.
Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you to Days Hotel London – Shoreditch soon.

Faleel Marikkar MHCIMA
Days Hotel London - Shoreditch
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 2 July 2009

We were looking for a nice budget hotel for our stay in London (our first stop before heading on to Paris, Munich, Athens and Rome.) We found it! The rooms were clean and cozy. We booked 2 standard rooms, with 1 twin room for my teenage sons. We were a little far from the tube station (LIverpool), but the bus stop was right across the street. The front office staff were very friendly and helpful. We especially enjoyed the full bar at the hotel. After a full day of sightseeing, it was nice to relax with a "pint" before retiring. There is a market across the street, a laundry and pizza place down the street. We had a great time and would recommend this hotel to our friends!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
england
Reviewed 24 June 2009

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank happydays85
DaysHotelL, Sales Manager at The RE London Shoreditch, responded to this review, 26 June 2009
Dear Debbie,
Firstly let me congratulate you on your 25th Annivesary and we are honored that you selected Days Hotel London Shoreditch for this memorable day.

Thank you for taking time to write a review of Days Hotel London - Shoreditch on the Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear during your recent visit , you not only enjoyed the service but you were surprised by the quality and the cleanliness of the Hotel and found our staff friendly and attentive. It was indeed a pleasure to serve you and we truely appriciate your wonderful comments and we at Days Hotel London Shoreditch strive hard to serve are valuble guests even better as every guest is a VIP to us.

Please book direct with the hotel on your next visit. Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again and have a pleasent day.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you to Days Hotel - Shoreditch.

Thabnk you.

Faleel Marikkar
Days Hotel London Shoreditch

what a fantastic break”
Days Hotel London Shoreditch

happydays85
england
24 Jun 2009 we were visiting london to celebate our 25 anniversary and we couldent have found a better place to stay the room was very clean and the air con kept us nice and cool the staff were all very helpful and the breakfast was A1 i would defenatly stay again thankyou very much for making our break perfect debbie
Trnava
Reviewed 14 May 2009

we stayed at the hotel at 11.may, very good staff (sorry for alarm call :-))) good room, very clean and fine bathroom, breakfast good, very comfortable :-) only light is little dark, location good bot so close to underground, but close to bus and to the centre

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank silwya99
DaysHotelL, Sales Manager at The RE London Shoreditch, responded to this review, 26 May 2009
Dear Silwya,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Days Hotel London Shoreditch, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and truly appriciate, your valuable comments with regard to the lighting of the room. We have taken your comments on board and I am pleased to confirm that we have already changed the lighting to the better on the entire 1st floor rooms and currently continue to change it on the 2nd floor, as we are importing the lightings from overseas and the process is bit complicated but fingers crossed by end of June 2009 we should be able to completely change all the bedroom lightings. Please accpet my humble apology for the inconveniance caused due to poor lighting in the room on your last visit but please be assured on your next visit you will be happy to see that the lighting in the rooms are very bright and much better than before.

We value your custom and comments, We take note of it very seriously. It is through your comments and reviews we grow from strength to strength and even work harder to satisfy our valuable guests.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Days Hotel London Shoreditch.