1,468 results
All reviewsbethnal greenhackney roadcambridge heathbroadway marketcar liftbrick lanenice hotelcentral lineminute walkcomplimentary watermain roadtesco expressbus stopcomfy bedtwin roomstayed here for one nighttube
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

I work in a Canary Wharf and stayed 2 nights here midweek. Given the price I was very impressed for the bed comfort, bathroom quality, quietness, complimentary tea/coffee/got chocolate, water and biscuits in the room and Tesco Metro almost opposite in case you needed anything. Not great if you want close tube connections on the popular lines, but it was a lovely sunny morning so I walked into work in just under the hour the first day and got the bus the second day. I will not stay in a Travel Inn again now I’ve discovered this gem.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
DarrynTanner, General Manager at The RE London Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Dear Maria M, Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us and we really pleased you enjoyed your stay. With regards to the nearest transport links, Cambridge Heath Overground Station is five minutes walk away and Bethnal Green Tube Station is ten minutes walk away. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Stayed here for a birthday and the room was very nice, location is great as there is a market 10 minutes walk away and also the tube station isnt far either. contacted them prior to staying asking if there was anything they could do for my partners birthday (as hotels ALWAYS DO) and was spoken to rudely and told this would cost £50-100 to have someone to put balloons and wine in my room - asked why so much and was told they have to pay someone to go into the room and blow up the balloons? they were very rude on the phone saying which put me off but I had booked so I just went with it and arranged my own surprise!! - all round pleasant stay but wouldn't stay here again as the service and customer service was poor, spent ages checking in and trying to sort out parking and spoken to quite rudely by most staff including the female manager!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Booked in advance and got a good rate. Hotel was clean, comfortable and the staff welcoming. Stayed here as we needed somewhere near to the Emirates Stadium, it was still a train and a bus to get there, there is not much else in the area.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Jerseybean26, Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us, we do hope you stay again and see that there are a number of areas to visit within close walking distance such as, Columbia Flower Market, Broadway Market (Saturday Street Food), Brick Lane eateries, Shoreditch and Hoxton for night life etc.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Run down room. Horrible bathroom. Thin walls can hear people in both rooms next to me. Uncomfortable bed. Room hd water bottles and rubbish on desk when i checked in from previous guest?

Iv stayed in better travel lodges

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 27 September 2017

The first thing to understand is that this is NOT a 4 star hotel. If that's what you are looking for.......ditch this and try something closer to shore. I travel all over the world and stay in all manner of hotel and B&B. This is a 2.5 at best. See pictures below. The room walls were dirty, furniture in the 3rd floor lobby was ripped, and I could not get the window to shut. I asked "nicely" 3 times to get the window closed. "We'll send someone." Never happened. To add insult, the air conditioning did not work in my room (AC in Europe is not really a staple......but if it is there.....it should work).

The bed was ridiculous! The mattress springs were so prominent that while I was laying face down (ear to the mattress), I tried to see if I could play them like a guitar. It actually worked. I wish I could have recorded it.

I paid $205 per night. The expectation is just higher. I'm really torqued at Priceline for giving this a 4 star rating and not backing down. They are even bigger losers. Not sure I'll do the "name your own price" thing anymore. This is the second time it has happened.

On the other hand, if you are looking for a decent 2.5 star hotel and you can catch one of their pricing specials, it is an ok place to stay. The main lobby is nice, the burger outstanding, and the bar is adequate. It is about a 10 minute walk to the tube. Shoreditch has lots to offer (more so if you are a hipster)....including some awesome Indian food. It also felt a little less touristy. No matter how long I've traveled, I'm still struck by the irony and hypocrisy of us tourists looking for things less touristy. We must like to "pretend" that we're hanging with the locals :)

Room Tip: For a good room, choose a different hotel. If you do plan on staying, bring your own toolbox
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business