“The nicest tarts in the whole wide world ”
Review of Tart

Tart
Ranked #2,598 of 27,344 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Description: Coffee shop bakery serving terribly tasty tarts, dished up with great salads and washed down with proper coffees/teas. Small, cute and cosy we have a great view over Clapham Common.
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

In another life, I will live above Tart, and never have to cook again. Or perhaps I can kidnap the chef and have her or him prepare me wonderful lunches every day. Meanwhile, I don’t know if mere words can do justice to the food here, particularly the tarts.

Oh, the tarts, the tarts...! Where do I begin? The crispy, buttery, lighter-than air pastry? The depth and generosity of the fillings? The fearless blast of taste in an age when flavourlessness is too often mistaken for
“healthy”? I never thought I’d say these words, but these tarts are better than my sister’s quiche - which as anyone who has tasted my sister’s quiche will tell you is impossible.

The salads are gorgeous too - and believe me, I hate most salads.

I’ve never had enough room left to try the sweets, which is probably just as well. And it’s also probably just as well I don’t live above the shop - I’d be the size of a hippo.

Thank you for making my sojourn in Clapham so enjoyable.

P.S. the staff are delightful and the atmosphere is charming too. I can’t believe someone actually gave this darling little jewel a one star review because the staff didn’t know enough about their gluten content. It just goes to show that there is no pleasing some people, and there is a bottomless well of meanness in some people’s hearts.

Date of visit: March 2018
2  Thank MIssDillie
adamharrison31, Owner at Tart, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear MIssDillie,

As a small business owner surviving on the whispers of profit, you can find yourself at the end of the day taking a deep breath and wondering whether it's all worth it. We smile through questions such as "is this toilet paper gluten-free?" or comments like "you only have 5 vegan options today, not 6", knowing that it's our job to just provide a friendly answer. Most customers are lovely but we are tested at times.

So it's feedback like this that gives us the energy to get up in the morning, find out about the ingredients in our toilet roll and, yes, make that one extra vegan product for the weekend!

Thank you. It means a lot. I hope to meet you soon and serve you the tarts you love. We have an empty flat about our shop in Dulwich by the way. I've put fresh linen on the bed for your arrival. Tarts for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Much love,

Adam, Jace and Team Tart x

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Thank you to the owners of this little cafe, specialised in tarts, which looked delicious but as they didn't have vegan tarts I went for the soup.... the best carrot soup I have tasted !!!
accompanied with sourdough and olive oil to dip. Delicious!
I have been here a few times, every time I am in Clapham area always come here, just love the feel of the cafe, the food, plus they have oat milk for my moka :).
Thank you everyone for your hospitality and delicious food.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 5 February 2018

Great service, friendly team and great interesting interior make for a great first impression. The menu is really interesting, but the highlight has to be the filo tarts - just amazing and worth coming here for on their own.
Highly recommended

Date of visit: December 2017
adamharrison31, Owner at Tart, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Thank you very much!

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Tiny cafe with great quiches and salads, plus free tap water. Not only would I return if in the area but would walk across the Common for it.

Date of visit: November 2017
adamharrison31, Owner at Tart, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

Thanks Elisa!

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

I love this place for a small bite to eat, tarts and salads. Also for coffee and a piece of cake. Don’t forget to ask for the soup of the day... delicious !

Date of visit: December 2017