“AVOID !!”

Yazu Sushi
Ranked #15,502 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
“AVOID !!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Very disappointing , the chef was extraordinary rude and spoilt the evening and created a really nasty atmosphere in the restaurant. The waitresses we're clearly embarrassed by his behaviour.

• Visited June 2014

• Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Very nice small sushi bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We bought 2 vouchers. The offer seemed good. We booked with no problems and, even if we were a little bit late, they were very kind.
As I supposed, we had no enough of the dishes included and we took more.
The sushi was good, fresh, and all the staff very kind.
If you want a 5 star sushi, you can't expect to pay 1.6 or 2.5 pounds a dish... go to Nobu, you'll have a excellent product for 100 pounds.
If you want an informal, right priced and fresh sushi, this is the sushi bar for you!

Norwich, United Kingdom
“A great lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have just come back from here and we can not sing its praises enough. The staff were extremely nice and friendly, the building was intimate and cosy and the food brilliant. I can't understand the negative reviews it has, my wife and I thought it was great! We would recommend!

Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Average very overpriced sushi and horrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

As I love sushi I was very happy when bought a voucher from Wowcher.co.uk for £20 giving me £40 to spend on sushi there. First experience was horrible. Yazu simply has a terrible booking system. 2 weeks ago, I called in to arrange a take-away and I was informed that I can come in at 6:30. When I arrived couldn't find my booking and refused to give me take-away box even though there were only 2 people in the whole restaurant and I wasted 1 hour on a journey there. The service there is awful and I still can’t believe that they refused to take my take-away order even though they were almost empty. Just to be on a safe side, I have sent them an email in order to reserve it for today and to receive a confirmation that it is booked. Not to my surprise when I arrived today, they couldn’t find my booking again but after I have shown them an email they confirmed that it was their mistake. It would be nice if they apologised but instead I only heard to go to the belt and pick up the dishes I wanted. They told me that the voucher from Woucher was not valid for take-away menu but I could pick up dishes from the belt. Most dishes were £4 each for 1 or 2 pieces of sushi which I found to be extremely overpriced and there was a relatively small selection of dishes. They definitely do not have all the sushi kinds listed on their website. I usually get full boxes from Wasabi or Itsu which are probably the same or even better quality and they consist of minimum 8-12 pieces for the same price. Sushi was OK but as I eat it all the time I was not impressed with the quality. To sum up, there are many nicer sushi restaurants in London so do not waste your time and money there. Yazu Sushi left me very disappointed.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Paulina L
Bologna, Italy
“awful!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

One of the worst restaurant experiences I've had.
AVOID if you can!
Too expensive, arrogant staff, too small. Just awful in every way.
Please let this place go out of business by avoiding it!

• Visited April 2014