“Sushi delight”

Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
“Sushi delight”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Smaller than my living room so don't expect any privacy but if your
used to 'yo' then you will find it more intimate.
The sushi was excellent with the chef only a few feet away ready to make
any hot dishes or if your preferred Sushi wasn't already available.
Staff were friendly and helpful with information on the dishes.
Suggest booking in advance due to limited space.

• Visited August 2014

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
london
“Very pleasant suprise ”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Tucked away down a side street in Mayfair this is a tiny gem. Although hard to find. Once inside the seating area is very limited as the resteraunt can only hold max of 15 people. However you can choose sushi from the belt that goes round. There is a lot of choice and all tastes equally as good as the one before. The green tea is delicious too. Would I go back? If I'm in Mayfair yeah sure

London, United Kingdom
“Good sushi”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I personally really like this place and have been many times.

The first time I was taken by a colleague for lunch and we ate a lot of food. Unfortunately we didn't know about the vouchers that existed so ended up paying full price for all the food which was quite pricey!

The next few times I have been and used a voucher from Living Social that allows 2 people 10 dishes with a free drink. 5 dishes each is pretty much enough if you are there for lunch, however when I have been for dinner I have had to have a few extra! Now the taste card can be used there it is 50% off food.

The sushi is great. I love the variety. The specials don't seem to change, but are well worth ordering. The scallop dish and the prawn tempura hand rolls are my personal favourite. My husband loves the eel dish.

Service is ok when it is quiet. It is so small that when busy the waitress and chef get a little overwhelmed. We had a great chat with the chef and he showed us how to make some of the sushi as we ordered it.

Overall great if you fancy some good sushi but make sure you have a voucher!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank 1helsv
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible service”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I too received terrible service at Yazu. A 'regular' entered and rudely implied I should give him my table as I was waiting for my friend, although I had booked and she was only a few minutes late. When he returned and was given a table next to mine the chef came over to sweet talk him despite his utter rudeness and condescension to me. The chef did not only not apologise for the behaviour I had received, rubbing it in my face by treating him like he had been wronged, but he then demanded me and my friend leave as we had been there for an hour, although we were still eating and ordering new food and we were in fact one of the most recent arrivals, with at least 8 people having been there considerably longer than us. It was terrible service, unashamedly placing a regular's preferences over ours, it definitely dampened our whole evening and I won't be returning here. To add to this the sushi was mediocre, with very limited choice of only the most expensive dishes.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank R0se1212
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Convenient and fast lunch experience”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Yazu sushi is nicely located. With sushis served on a conveyor belt, it's easy to enjoy a quick meal. Sushis were ok, with limited variety and a trend for the cook to over supply the most expensive plates. We didn't manage to get even one plate of the cheapest kind. Overall, good meal a bit pricey though.
Not the most memorable place although convenient and rather tasty.
Service very average.