“Great meal, really good food.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Harwood Arms

The Harwood Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Harwood Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #249 of 22,202 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$26 - US$40
Cuisines: European, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Transit: The pub is a 5 minute walk from all bus stops and tube station at Fulham Broadway.
Haslemere, United Kingdom
“Great meal, really good food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Had a great meal with friends. Excellent food, good service and overall really enjoyed it. Just make sure you make space for the excellent deserts!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank edwowen

Bray, Ireland
“Wonderful Gastropub in Fulham”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Dined here in April with a colleague who had eaten in Noma (Copenhagen) last year and said the food and experience in the Harewood Arms rivaled Noma.
We had the tasting menu and the chef amazed us with the diversity of ingredients and presentation. We tried many new foods including pigs ear and faggots- both were really tasty.
Most memorable was the venison haunch but it would be unfair to just isolate this course as all were spectacular including desserts.
Recommended wine- a Spanish Cal-Pla was an excellent accompaniment to this fine food.
Make a reservation as the first time I tried I couldnt get a reservation for the day I required.
Recommend this restaurant if you are in the area

• Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Decidedly average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Very average service, typical looking pub and no exceptional features. I went with the family, ordered the salmon starter(very good) cured with elderflower gelee and sour cream. Roast beef main where the meat was good quality and well prepared, however the "smoked marrow" which accompanied was more like soft fat and absolutely disgusting, cauliflower cheese and beef croquettas (yes, these are also accompaniments for the roast) were also sub-par as they were greasy and the flavours didn't quite work. We didn't bother to stay for dessert. I personally don't think this Gastro pub merits it's Michelin status.

Visited June 2014
london
“Disapppiointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I used to go to the Harwood Arms a lot. The food was top notch and good value for money. Then it changed, became uber popular and put its prices up. But I decided to give it another try for my birthday. Given that it's always served a good Sunday lunch off we went. I asked for a table when I booked a month in advance in the small dining room, explaining it was my birthday, specifically as the pub part is so noisy. Not only did that request get totally ignored but we were put in the loudest part of the pub and couldn't have a decent conversation all lunch. If it hadn't of been my birthday I wouldn't have minded so much but under the circumstances I was very annoyed.
Possibly not as annoyed as being asked to pay £25 per head for what can only be described as a very mean wooden board containing not many slices of roast beef for all four of us. Yes there were lots of trimmings but I would have preferred my Yorkshires not stuffed with onions and odd little bits of beef and would of liked the horseradish to have tasted of horseradish rather than been what appeared to be double cream with a vague flavour of it.
We ended up paying £243.00 for four when we only had one dessert between us, a bottle of average white wine, a glass of red and a couple of beers. Personally I think £60 a head for Sunday lunch when you can't hear yourself think let alone actually celebrate your own birthday is steep especially when the service was so poor I had to ask to have the table cleared we had been staring at our dirty plates for so long and I had to get up and go to the bar to ask for the bill. I might be a local but sorry I'm not rushing back.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
london
“disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

The last time i went to the Harwood Arms we had the most delicious beef and lots of it, this was over two years ago. I recently went with a large party and I was very disappointed. The menu variety was limited, the portions were extremely small and quite frankly not at all acceptable for the price we were charged. We all came away hungry. Has the management changed at this pub? Sadly, I wont be rushing back there unless I hear things have improved and restored to its original glory.

• Visited May 2014