“Vegetarian Feast!”

Good Housekeeping Institute Cookery School
Ranked #68 of 206 Classes & Workshops in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Based in our state-of-the-art kitchens at the Heart of the Good Housekeeping Institute in Central London and drawing on nearly a century of expertise, we would like to welcome you to the Good Housekeeping Institute Cookery School. We are passionate about cooking, which is why all the courses feature the exclusive Good Housekeeping triple-tested recipes taught by our exceptional team of Tutors.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 24 May 2016

I attended the Vegetarian Pantry afternoon course on Monday,23rd May, hoping to get a few ideas of how to make my vegetarian diet more exciting for family and friends. I came away after 3 hours not only with fantastic ideas but also new techniques for preparing vegetables and the use of herbs and spices. The 2 chefs were so encouraging and answered all of my many questions, the time flew by and at the end I had 3 different dishes to take home. The verdict from my husband after eating all I had prepared was to suggest that if I wanted to attend another course he would gladly pay for it! I will certainly sign up for other courses, in the meantime I will enjoy the new confidence I have for preparing vegetarian dishes for my friends. I would definitely recommend to all who have an interest in cooking. Penny Lavender

1  Thank Penny L

Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

I bought this experience (a Spanish cookery class) as a present for my mum's birthday but I've also been lucky enough to do a Christmas food gifts class in December 2014. The staff are really friendly and knowledgeable I learnt more with them than I did in three years of cooking classes at school! It's in a great location really close to all the London attractions if you're in town for the day. Mum and I still make the Spanish tortilla we learnt to make in this class! It's delicious ☺ it's really good as a present and I hear they are also doing shorter lunchtime and evening classes that sound a lot of fun! I'd definitely recommend even if you're an accomplished cook.

Reviewed 3 May 2016

My daughter arranged a cookery lesson here for my birthday. It was great fun. We (my daughter came too) made Spanish recipes. As well as providing us with the recipes in a neat folder, we were shown how to cook them properly. Including how to chop onions expertly and slice lemons into wedges which won't spit juice in your eye when squeezed. We made peppers du padron, tortilla, paella and crema catalan. The staff were extremely helpful, friendly and answered any questions. While we did eat some after we finished cooking, we were able to take our food afterwards to eat later, and share at home. The really great thing is that we learned techniques which we have used since. Really recommend.