Review Highlights
Great food, friendly staff

We visited on Friday evening. The place was bustling and busy. Nice ambience, pleasant staff. We... read more

Reviewed 9 September 2018
Genevieve G
Amersham
via mobile
Nice place and food ... needed additional resources for rhe kitchen!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

from US$62.70
from US$43.10
from US$19.60
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We opted for the Summer BBQ menu. You order, you're given a pager... It goes off, you collect your food. Simple? Sounds it but ours didn't go off, someone else ended up eating our dinner. Give them their dues. Having waited for a good 40 mins we panicked slightly when the chef came in to tell the bar staff that the BBQ was closing. My other half went to talk to him and it transpired our pager hadn't been set up properly. They cooked our missing dinner there and then and it was delicious!
We overheard another customer at the bar with the same issue so clearly there is a problem with the pagers.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

The place is nice, near the Thames, with an excellent quality of food. The service needs definitively to be improved: at the first attempt with a friend we could not have a table (there were several available) at 8:00pm because the kitchen was closing at 9:00pm! (very funny) ... at the second attempt for lunch (solo) the place was almost empty and I was asked to wait for 20 minutes before to order because the kitchen was busy ... reccomended to hire additional resources for the kitchen!

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Perfect beer garden to chill out after work or weekends. Service is good. And when the terrace by the river is open, it is a must.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

The location is great with different choice of a la carte or BBQ outdoor.
The menu is very good and the service casual and friendly.
The prices are very fare from the food to the wine.
Will be back

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Visted on Sunday afternoon at 2pm and wanted the chicken from the bbq which had been told was v good. Was told they had sold out and if I wanted chicken I should go to the restaurent. There were 7 free tables in the restaurent but was told there was a waiting list if I wanted to join. 10 mins later still 7 free tables. When I asked the mgr why this was so I was told that if I didn't speak to him he could then contact the people on the list, did I want a table in 30 mins or leave... We left...

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Really busy pub right on The Thames with two large beer gardens Staff very good and friendly with a fantastic atmosphere on a Saturday afternoon/evening tasty pub food only criticism a bit confusing on the waiting staff due to their being no dress code unlike the bar staff but would recommend if you are in the area

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve been coming to the crab tree for drinks after a long day at a nearby hospital for years. I’ve always enjoyed unwinding here but unfortunately tonight I was disappointed. We came for the pub quiz to try it out and our friend had been out for dinner beforehand at a local pizzeria. She recommended it to us and offered us to try a bite- straight away we were pounced on by multiple members of staff threatening to kick us out. TBH it wasn’t about the request- completely fair enough but more about the manner in which we were spoken to. Very rude! #crabbyatthrcrabtree #badcustomerservice

Reviewed 27 December 2017

This place has got to be one of the best pubs in West London. Recently refurbished the place sports a proper dining area, a riverside outdoor area, and a very nice beer garden. Very often on the weekends, the beer garden has a separate bbq menu. The food is consistently good with interesting choices not found in typical pub faire in the area like swordfish. I always find the staff to be friendly and beer and wine selection decent.

I definitely recommend this place for anyone looking for a great place to chill by the river.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Joanna made our visit so pleasant, lovely atmosphere and can't wait to come again!
The food was so good and the weather was on point.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Took my son here last week to revisit my youth. Very busy as it was a match day. Beer was off but it was a pint of Johnny Haynes Ale!