“Cracking pizza in friendly pub”
Review of Lord Morpeth

Lord Morpeth
Ranked #8,720 of 25,305 Restaurants in London
Reviewed 1 March 2016

I'd been in the old Lord Morpeth a couple of times - very old fashioned, but without the charm bit. When it was renovated I wasn't that fussed, but kept hearing about the pizza... I love pizza. And this is REALLY good pizza. I've had about half the menu, costing generally £8-10, and they've always been excellent. Great, crisp, thin sourdough base. Lovely tomato, and the toppings combinations have in the main been fantastic. Tonight shared the Siciliana (tomato, mozzarella, black olives, anchovies, garlic oil & oregano) and the sbagliata (tomato, mozzarella, grilled aubergine, fresh basil) and stupidly didn't take pics - my friends were as impressed as I was happy to be eating pizza.

Its also a decent pub with a nice clientele, I often go to watch the football too.

Reviewed 23 February 2016 via mobile

Great pizza. Pub is nice, seems the people (mostly around age 30) are going there. The staff was nice and you can have in the pub lovely pizza, worth to go there to have one.

Reviewed 12 February 2016

Best pizza I have had in London by a mile, topped off with cool atmosphere and friendly staff :) I'll be back.

Reviewed 10 February 2016 via mobile

70's nostalgia, punk jukebox, pinball machine, pacman, sassy staff, and the best pizza I've eaten outside Napoli
What's not to like. I'll be back

Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

Hello, oh Lord of Morpeth. It's a tough call catering for Old Ford, Bow and Vicky Park isn't it? You used to be a violent BNP crackhead establishment. Now you do upmarket gins and awesome pizzas with retro pinball and a jukebox which seemingly doesn't work but looks cool. Yet you want to keep some of the original lot happy so you shove on the footy at regular intervals but we don't always want footy but it is never clear when it is on and when it isn't. Sometimes we just want a quiet drink. Then there's the new upmarket trendies alongside the canal. What do we do about them? Do they like football or cocktails? Hmmm maybe both? And why do you always get an aggressive Essex brigade of a weekend? Can't they do their charlie, polish their teeth and be offensive and rude to us locals somewhere else? Like...Essex?

Basically half the time you're a great local. But the other half is still trying to work out who you are. You'll get there. One day. Perhaps.

3  Thank AdeCB