“Mrs”

Willow Bough Tea Rooms
Ranked #5,262 of 25,453 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I really love this tearoom having been there 3 times, 2 for afternoon tea. Wonderful tea, wonderful cakes and biscuits and the scones are the best and on top of that they had one talented lady playing beautiful music this morning! Friendly staff and cosy shop... what else you can ask for?

1  Thank brianjager01

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Went to the tea rooms recently with a booked “slot” for afternoon tea. We were shown to our table and the tea, sandwiches, cakes, scones, clotted cream & jam all arrived together. We weren’t asked what type of bread we wanted or if we had any allergies; saw a note on the counter after it arrived. The sandwiches were lovely apart from I can’t eat smoked salmon! The lemon drizzle cake was beautiful except it didn’t taste of lemon, the strawberry muffin was lovely, the scones were quite hard on the outside and fell apart when you tried to cut them to put cream & jam on. But the tea was plentiful & we had two lots of that.
The owner spent the whole time we were there, 2 hrs, on her phone & laptop talking loudly next to our table! We felt there was not the personal service you would expect in such a small tea room.
I would go there again as I believe in 2nd chances!

1  Thank sue23dave53
WillowClare, Owner at Willow Bough Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

I am sorry you were disappointed with your afternoon tea. However, I would like to clarify a few incorrect points; when your friend booked afternoon tea at Willow Bough I asked if there were any dietary requirements - something we always ask - and she said no, which I confirmed again when I sent the booking confirmation email.

Our afternoon teas are set menus - which are on our website - and sandwiches and cakes are all served on tiered plates which is standard practice for afternoon teas.

I was sitting at a table two tables from yours and made a business phone call for 20 minutes (I've checked my call records) at midday and then another 30 minute phone call at 1.30pm. I do need to do work from my laptop and make phone calls when running a business. My colleague was available should you have required anything. I asked you twice if you would like more tea; we don't ask our customers too often as we wouldn't want to be too intrusive. Unfortunately we don't have a private room for afternoon tea and you do share the room with other people.

When I asked at the end if everything was ok I was told it was wonderful - As none of your comments on this review were mentioned I hope you can see why I'm disappointed with your review.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Really friendly tea room, enjoyed the cake very much, and loved the old mis-matched china.

Will go back with family.

1  Thank SylviaSquirrel
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I went with some friends last Friday and had amazing fresh scones with cream and jam. We also had carrot cake which was moist and tasty! It's quite small so it's easy to have a nice conversation and the owner served us. She was really nice too

1  Thank Clare O
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

In a world of fast food and faceless corporate behemoths, thankfully places like Willow Bough still exist. Friendly, cheery, cosy, welcoming, relaxed and with superb teas served in authentic china cups, with unpretentious but delicious cakes. If only there were more places like Willow Bough and fewer places like Starbucks. Use it or lose it, as they say! :-)

2  Thank Chris U