“Great food, service and family run business. ”
Review of A Torre

A Torre
Reserve with OpenTable
A Torre is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,227 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

We booked for 7:30pm and when we arrived someone approached us straight away and showed us the table which was for 7 people! Me and my girlfriend decided to order still water and white wine before others arrived, which allowed to see and observe around! I really liked the lighting and the decor of the restaurant because it was very cosy and felt just right! I didn't want to feel like home because I would have stayed home but it was like you let someone really take care of you and your guests! The waitress and the waiter were coming around the restaurant making sure that we were noticed and at the same time giving the space and time to get used of the surroundings! After we ordered the starters and the mains it wasn't to long of a wait for the starters to arrive! I had the spicy king prawns for starters and it was delicious. The bread was also fresh and soft! After we were all finished with the starters the table was cleared and mains arrived at the right waiting time! We ordered another wine and the attention into detail was exceptional! I received my mains in a copper cooked dish which looked amazing! It was Cataplana and I really enjoyed it! It was a big portion so I couldn't finish it! I couldn't have any desserts but my guest that had them the did enjoy them! I had and espresso and asked to pay the bill! I was offered something from the house by the lady that took care of our table. It was my girlfriends birthday but we like to have quite ones! The 2 kids didn't and start singing the birthday song and out of nowhere here was the little cake with a candle on it was brought right in front of her! It was more joy to see the kids exited and I thought it was a nice touch from the staff!
Overall, we all had a great time and will of course be back!

There are newer reviews for A Torre

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Me and my boyfriend went for a mid week meal here one evening. It was as full as you would expect for a cold wednesday evening and some customers had clearly been before; always a good sign. The decor was quite authentic- it didn't feel like we were in crystal palace anymore, although it was a little tired and by no means stunning, but overall it had a good feeling to it. The food is the highlight here- I was stuck for choice and could easily have ordered 3/4 things for each course; again a good sign. Drinks varied- I asked the waiters opinion and he recommended several wines one of which was the cheapest house wine; which I plumped for and was happy with. My boyfriend went with a Portuguese beer which he was happy with. Service was good, if at times a little too keen but to be expected during a quiet mid week service. Unfortunately a couple of the desserts I was keen to try they didn't have but apart from this I was pleased with my visit and no doubt will return at some point. Crystal Palace is one of my favourite places to go for food/ drinks so they have strong competition from lots of other places!

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Terrific family owned restaurant with very friendly staff and an excellent menu. Seafood stew and baccalau were sublime. Thoroughly reccommend this place....

Reviewed 21 December 2013

A little price of Portugal, Great food, good portions, nice wines, music.

The restaurant has great atmosphere, speedy polite staff who are willing to talk and adapt your order to suite your palate.

Enquire about the village in witch A Torre stands and relax as no one hurries you in any way.

A restaurant I would highly recommend, especially now in this winter weather, to escape to Portugal

Reviewed 11 October 2013

First thing, I´m not portuguese, but I was born next to the Portugal border, I have been many times in Portugal and the most important, I have been invited to dinner in this restaurant by one portuguese, always a good start. The place is the typical tiny place with not many place for the tables, but without been something negative, it make you feel more like at home. They a have a menu with started, main dish and dessert with an excellent price. The starter was good, but the best was the fish and the frango (no difference with the one you can find in Porto) and a lovely homemade dessert. The wine was also really nice and fresh. I would recommend this place to anybody looking for a real portuguese food and ambience.