“Worth a visit”

Neighbourhood: Soho
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Lovely freshly cooked food. Service very good. Lovely open dining space downstairs where they have a lovely open clean kitchen. Can recommend the venison red curry and lemon grass juice. Found everything well presented and served promptly. Good value for money and great sized portions.

Visited April 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Where does it go?”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This is one of my favourite places to eat in London, especially because of its pad thai and thai ice tea (I always order the same things). But I tried to visit it few weeks ago but it seemed closed down. Anyone knows where does it go? Do they move to some place or totally closed down?

• Visited February 2013
9 Thank Dewi M
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lukewarm pad khee mao and over-garlicky softshell crab!!”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Had to got to Mangosteen as didn't manage to get seats at first choice restaurant in the area. We were sat near the door and when I asked the waiter whether we could have another table further in the restaurant he said they had many bookings as it was a Friday (later when I went to the toilet, I noticed empty tables further in and also more seating downstairs). Ordered softshell crab for a starter and it was tasty but too overly garlicky - couldn't get rid of the garlicky taste even after I brushed my teeth that night! It was also abit too salty. For mains I ordered the king prawn pad khee mao which was quite a small portion and also lukewarm. I have to say the flavour was nice though. My friends ordered a variety of different things such as spring rolls, papaya salad, Thai fish cakes, Thai green curry, etc. The general impression seemed to be that the food was OK, nothing to shout about - the sauces which came with the starters were overly salty too. There was a service charge which was added which I thought was a bit cheeky - but that just means I didn't leave anything for the staff which I would have done without the service charge. The visit to Mangosteen was very average - definitely not the best Thai I have had!!

• Visited April 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
“Escape from Hamley's”
Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

Managed to come across this lovely little Thai restaurant whilst escaping from the hell of Hamley's toy shop with our 3yr old. We chose the set menu, and it did not dissappoint.
The ingredients were fresh and fragrant and the flavours were amazing. The staff were attentive, polite and just lovely with our young daughter. We were so shocked to find such a special, small thai restaurant within a stone's throw of the all the commercial chain restaurants. Definitely worth a visit!

Sudbury, United Kingdom
“Always a delight”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I took my wife and Daughter out for dinner and this restaurant never fails. Food is always lovely and the staff are always attentive.
It's slap bang in the middle of Carnaby street but this is not reflected in the prices.
Great food.