eDreams
Lol.travel
Vio.com
DarrenMark
Hot yes but close to town and Cheap
Review of Via Limehouse
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Sept 2016via mobile
We stayed here for a friends 30th birthday as we had plans in the City. Was close to where we need as an Uber was only £16 to the West End!
The rooms are a bit hot but we only slept for a couple of hours. Showers were clean and that is very important to me!
The lounge area is great as it is bright and loads of room for everyone.
The staff on reception was great in helping me plan the last activity for the party, who knew it would be so hard.
Will stay again and maybe try the one in Lewisham next.
Date of stay: September 2016Trip type: Travelled with friends
1.8 miles from Via Limehouse
4.1 miles from Via Limehouse
3.9 miles from Via Limehouse
View more hotels in London
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 August 2016

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights at the start of our trip and thought it would be ok from the pictures. The location is out a bit away from everything and a bit scary at night. The staff were nice enough...We booked a private room and it was sooo small with two tiny beds and it was kinda clean. It is so hot and stuffy at night that you can't sleep. They don't have a/c or a fan. We had to open the window but there is no air flow and you can hear everything! It was sooo loud outside the window and hall with people walking around and talking that either of us slept really at all. We traveled all over Europe a few years ago in Hostels and I think this is the worst one we have stayed in. The wifi hardly works most of the time as well. The building and common area isn't great either. They need to make major changes to this place. We were going to stay here at the end our trip and we cancelled the booking. So glad we did!!!!

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stacey S
Reviewed 21 August 2016

The location was ok, close to the DLR station Limehouse, grocery shopping, pubs and restaurants and the Thames.
The building seemed freshly renovated and modern.
Staff did not make a big fuss when I asked for a different room at 3 am and just let me choose a new bed (see below).
However, the hostel is situated right on Commercial Road, which is a busy thoroghfare and very noisy at any time of day or night.
Despite the cleanliness I saw hardly any attempt at decoration. Walls were pretty much bare everywhere in the place.
Most importantly: Sleep quality is bad. Matresses on the bunk beds are simple slabs of foam rubber with a rubber sleeve around them as if to guard against incontinence. The rooms themselves are simply too small for the number of people in them and terribly ventilated. The two bunk beds in my initial room stood hardly 20 cm apart. The window hardly opened at all. The room was so hot and stuffy, even with only 2 or 4 people I could not sleep. When I complained to reception I even learned that this is a known problem and they were "learning". I wish they had considered that earlier and I might have been more rested the next day. At least my new room was a little better and I could finally sleep.
If they fix the above issues this would probably be an average hostel, maybe a good budget option. As it is now I can definitely not recommed it.

Room tip: Ask for a room towards the back, away from Commercial Road
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

Room 2/5 4 beds but very very small and very noisy at night very terrible sound from corridor

Atmosphere 3/5 good

**Not recommend for family

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2016

When we checked in, the woman who was on reception was extremely blunt and rude to us, as well as to some poor german guy who could hardly speak english, she was snapping at him. The other staff on reception were friendly and helpful, so I wouldn't complain about them.

I stayed in a 9 bed dorm, by far the smallest 9 bed dorm i've ever stayed in, in fact it was smaller than most 4 bed dorms i've stayed in. Much to my disgust there was no aircon unit in the room, so as you can expect with 9 people in a tiny room, the room became an unbearable temperature.

I've stayed in a lot of hostels, and had my fair share of bad ones, but i would definitely rather sleep on a park bench then stay at this hostel again.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed here couple of times been OK but last week has been the worst. They put me in a room where ppl have been staying for weeks as they all had large suit cases so not much space and smelled of sweat as there were loads of clothes in the corner shower room was in a tip ppl leaving towels so you can't really hang your clothes. As it was a hot day room was really really stuffy they need fans been at much hostels in London

Date of stay: June 2016