eDreams
Finland

Decent

Review of Via Limehouse
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 Dec 2016via mobile
Clean, can be bit noisy if in the other side is the building. Friendly staff. Breakfast not worth of £3.50 in my opinion so if it included I would go somewhere else...

Friendly staff, good showers. Toilets get dirty by the end of the day but they'll shine every morning.
Date of stay: December 2016
3.9 miles from Via Limehouse
1.8 miles from Via Limehouse
6.5 miles from Via Limehouse
View more hotels in London
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 November 2016

I have booked a four-bed room with private bathroom on October. One of my friends was coming visiting me and we wanted to spend a nice weekend without spending too much money in the hostel. But it was all about trouble and we strongly regret it…

When we arrived, first deception: the manager said to us that even if I did one booking for two rooms with more than a month in advance, it didn’t guaranty the fact we will be together.
This is a point I still cannot understand… According to this man, the fact to be together relies only on our luck. This is a very strange way to excuse himself not well running his hostel I guess (yes I forgot to mention that this is a quoting of the manager himself!)
Thus, we were told that our room was not available. We had to accept to stay in a room we did not book and only for one night! We had to move our entire luggage on the morning, waiting for an other room for the night: very pleasant to leave the hostel without knowing where we gonna to sleep. Fortunately we had a booking! We even speak 30 mins with the reception in order to be sure to be together at least (how to waste your time when you have so much to visit!)

When we arrived for the second night (after an exciting day of visits), we were told that indeed we have a room but that we had to pay before. We were very shocked because we had already paid at the checking and in cash. The reception showed that there was nothing in the system and we had to pay or show the receipt (the manager did the checking but why not, a new way to run one’s hostel, this manager is definitively a pioneer of doing business).
We had then to unpack our luggage in the hall in order to find it (very uncomfortable situation I wouldn’t see anyone in this situation). Fortunately, we find it and we have been given a key to sleep (one hour to have this key). When we arrived finally in our room, we see that there was no private bathroom! They didn’t take in count our reservation for the second time (fortunately we spend only two nights). The collective bathrooms were dirty and we didn’t take a shower at all!

The day after, we go to the reception to complaint. Guess what? It was the manager again who refuses to reimburse our nightmare: 2 pounds no more for all the troubles. After telling him all our feeling regarding our customer experience, he just didn’t want to speak with us (very childish and not a behaviour of a manager). We were both polite even if we were very angry and he allowed himself to ask me to “shut up” and throw the receipt at my face!
I think that no one should ever come there: it is the worst experience of my life

To sum up for an attractive price you get:
- Very unpleasant and incompetent people
- Small rooms and badly soundproofed
- A high proximity with people you do not know: beds are too close from each other (barely 20 cm)
- A district which doesn’t look very safe (especially if you do not know London)

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank reylex951
Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

Appalling and disgusting place to stay what can you say that's positive? The smell of the place knocks you in the face as soon as you arrive through the door, the check in process is poor and then you find if you have any valuables you have to pay to secure them in a locker in the basement!
On walking to the basement within the first 15 minutes of my arrival I stood in human faeces. (Not quite sure how human as the person clearly had a bad diet by the stench)
The rooms are cramped, the facilities are poor and the majority of the staff would not know the definition of customer service if a thesaurus open at the correct page smacked them in their face...

Avoid!!! Avoid!!! Avoid!!! Or you will find disappointment awaits you on your arrival

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank tomw121
Reviewed 6 November 2016

You have everything to spend a couple nights on very low budget. This is new hostel so everything is new. The stuff is really friendly. The kitchen and semi lounge is nice and clean. The location is just 30 min from central London. Limehouse DLR and Canary Wharf area just 5 minutes walking.

Room tip: There are multiple rooms. You might be unlucky to spend the night with 9 snoring buddies... but you might get smaller room. You know it is like 8 hours jet flight and they gave you a bed! Next morning your can get a shower and no jet lag :)
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed in this hostel with a group of friends. Was not a very pleasant experience. The room was really really crowded. Be aware when they say a 9 bed dorm it's super small. If you are on a super tight budget then this is a place to sleep while on a budget. But done expect more than a place to sleep.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2016

So i booked a 4 bed dorm online directly with the hostel and received confirmation for the booking.
When we arrived at this hostel there was a mother and daughter checking in, i over heard the receptionist saying they did not have there booking in the system and went on to blame booking.com and that he couldn't do anything about it, he didn't seem to worried about the situation or apologetic at all. Then when i went to check in, i tried to show my confirmation email, which he didn't look at, he then asked my name,after i told him he told me i only had 2 beds booked. I then replied saying i got a confirmation email for 4 beds and tried to show him the email again, which he did not look at. He then tried to blame booking.com again, which i replied saying i booked directly with you on your website, he then replied "what do you want me to do? you can come over and bash my head in if you want" to which myself and my friends just looked back at him astonished, he was completely uninterested in his work and did not try to solve the situation and completely ignorant towards us and the mother and daughter before us.
After an hour of trying to look for alternative accommodation, which we were lucky enough to find on a Friday and saturday night, i told him to delete my reservation to which he replied " fine man, bye". He was a middle eastern man working at 22.00-23.00 on Friday 30/09. It was an absolute disgrace and i would tell any1 thinking of staying here to avoid limehouse hostel.

Date of stay: September 2016