“Pre dinner cocktails... Amazing”
Review of Oriole Bar

Oriole Bar
Ranked #364 of 27,213 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$52
Neighbourhood: Clerkenwell
Neighbourhood: Clerkenwell
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

An amazing experience. The best cocktails I have ever tasted. The mixologists are truly Fantastic and each drink has a story! A must for pre / post dinner drinks. Would like to come back and see the live band. A real hidden gem in London. Booking is a must !

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

The venue is very stylish and I liked the separate booth areas. The band Miss Hoodoo and the Delta Boys were amazing and I loved them playing as we drunk amazing cocktails. Service was great until our seated session came to an end and we were asked to leave, but of course everyone wants to pay at the same time then so we waited for ages to pay with our costs on which was annoying.
The cocktails though are great very different, loved it at first but have to admit after the 2nd one all I wanted was a tasty cocktail without all the drama and hard work of drinking out of leather bags and noodles of radish. I would prefer a few less elaborate cocktails too, but not complaining as I think that’s what this bar is about. All in I really enjoyed the night and would recommend and go back.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

One can easily see why they are one of the world's 50 best! The ambiance..theatrics..sheer ingeniousness of the drinks served. I am rooting for them to hit one of world's 5 best! Lip smacking drinks for a reasonable price in London. We did 4 sharing drinks and 6 individual ones and they all outdid each other. I like a night where I cannot remember the names of any drinks....but clearly remember the vessels they came in (a tortoise, punch bowl, smoking pot, some chemistry lab equipment, leather bags, marble/jade drink ware). We had the pleasure of being entertained by the Boneshakers and they literally shook our bones! Fantastic jazz performance at a not so easy to find location!

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Every time we come back we love this place a bit more. The cocktails menu is unique and carefully crafted. Every single drink is a journey around the globe, taking you to the most hidden place and featuring its best flavours. And the waiting staff knows the whole menu inside out. A huge thanks to Martina, our waitress, that went out of his way to answer every single question we had and to make sure we were provided with everything we needed, amazing service. We will definitely come back again and again. It is a must try!

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Visited this bar with a friend yesterday, we were surprised how lovely this place is, the atmosphere is so relaxed and the stuff is very friendly. At 7pm the bar was almost empty which is ideal for the ones who like an early drink, but even when it got full we didn't have problems with the noise it wasn't too loud. The cocktails were great as well as the snacks we've ordered. We didn't have much time so we left quite early just before the live music performance but by the time we've already liked this place so much that we will definitely be coming again.

Date of visit: September 2017