“Perfectly cooked steak!”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed 12 July 2016

We arrived at the restaurant at 8pm, hoping the wait wasn't too long, and to our relief they said it would be 30min,
The steak was delicious and perfectly cooked. The sides, Creamed Spinach, Roasted Tomatoe Aubergine, and chips, were all fantatstic. I would defintely recommend this place. My 9yr old thought the Flat Iron steak may be her new favorite steak!
Service was quick, efficient, and friendly. While we didn't get seated until about 8:25, we were paid up and standing outside eating our salted carmel ice cream cones by9:05. Nice night!

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (3,446)

Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

Used Trip Advisor to find somewhere close to eat. Never been in the Flat Iron so decided to give a try. You order a Flat Iron Steak which is served on a Warm Stone with Salad in a bucket. There are various sides you can order. We had lard fried chips and not knowing a Salad was included a Blue Cheese Salad. There is a Specials Board which today had 2 other cuts of steak or a Burger. I also particular liked the real ale Copper Dragon available. The steak was adorable. Priced at £10 with £1 for a sauce makes this a cheap meal. On top of that at the end of the meal we got a free ice cream in a cone loaded with chocolate. See there are two other outlets in Soho. I highly recommend. I shall be back!

Reviewed 11 July 2016

After reading up about this place on TA I knew we needed to try to get in. We were in luck, having no wait at all about 4:00 on a Friday.

We both had the steak and shared sides of spinach, salad, and chips. I wish I would have ordered my steak medium rare vs medium as my husbands medium rare was perfectly done. Next time :-) Sides were delicious.

Our bill with two beers was just under 43 pounds.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Visited again after a lovely first visit, wait is extremely long but worth it! Steak is well cooked and sides very tasty, you get a coupon at the end for free salted caramel ice cream which was brilliant also, great location! Will be back!

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Visited Flat Iron at 8pm on a Sunday night, had to wait 1hr but were very professional with the table text alerts, so we didn't mind.
The whole restaurant was lovely, great decor, attentive staff and very fast with the food delivery when we ordered.
We opted for the £10 flat iron steak, and thick cut chips.
Wow, the steak was great, using the unusual knife was a little fiddly tbh, but was manageable.
The bill was a little unusual, a 20p donation added onto our bill?
Nothing to worry about tbh but we were perplexed on that.
All in all, a great visit, would recommend to anybody to be fair.
We will definitely be visiting again when we're in London again.