“Weekend in London”

Cricklewood Lodge Hotel
Ranked #627 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Good attempt on decoration but not worth the cost and very disappointed that the only breakfast available was a "Continental breakfast" in the room which comprised of a muffin bun and a biscuit despite booking bed and breakfast accommodation
Would'ant recommend this "Hotel" and would not stay here again !!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Cricklewood Lodge Hotel

Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

For the pricing I guess you shouldnt have too high expextations, but...
I made my booking online, payed a deposit. Got no confirmation, had to call long distance to check if I had a room, they receptionist hardly understood english or the concept "online". after three reminding emails I got a confirmation, just before I left for London. I asked for a receipt but they refused to include the deposit.
Internet was extra charge and didnt work.
The room was nice and clean when we came but wasnt cleaned every day. Shower sewage worked for a two minute shower, then it was full.
Breakfast was a joke. Powder coffee and biscuits on a sticky tray in the room, though there was a sign with bed and breakfast outside. Anyway we managed to sleep and they wasnt rude or anything.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 26 July 2013

The place I was booked into let me down so my husband booked me into this place via Laterooms.
On the plus side it was cheap -£83 for two nights, the ensuite room was clean and the TV was a decent size flatscreen. On the minus:
1.Parking was an issue. There is a tiny car park dominated by big white vans with very little manoevring space, odd when there is a huge unused forecourt -so I parked on the road. Note that on the opposite side of the A5, the hours for free parking are more reasonable. 2. Every time I went in the hotel there were workmen sitting on the steps at the entrance smoking. 3.The reception area was protected by a grille (the type to keep bank robbers out). In spite of this, it was often unstaffed, allowing anyone to just walk into the areas where the bedrooms were. I was not comforted by the fact I was informed that the Reception (and presumably the front door) was open 24 hours. 4. A sign indicated "Minimum stay -3 hours for £30". Charming. 5. No breakfast was available. I was promised croissants to go with the tea/coffee facilities in the room (which were fine). However these never turned up on either morning. 6. There was a large vending machine in the hallway with nothing in it. However, it did advertise Durex on the side.
To be fair, the room was reasonably comfortable although lacking in natural daylight due to being in the basement. There was just enough light to see the huge pile of cigarette dog-ends on the shelf outside.
In spite of all this it was surprisingly quiet as I had been expecting loud raucous parties involving ladies of the night due to the indications I mentioned.
By the way, there are some nice places in Cricklewood - The Windmill, just up the road, is much better.

Room Tip: The room I had (3)faced the side street and was very quiet - I would imagine those facing the front...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mrscherylsalmon
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My Daughter and my Grandson stayed here when attending the Robbie Williams Concert. She was offered a double when she had requested two singles and it was sorted out. The rooms were clean but she was concerned about the reception at night and the fact that there was a sign to say that the rooms could be rented by the hour !!

Room Tip: Always check the room thoroughly to make sure everything including the toilet etc is clean and make...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Four of us stayed in a large family room in Cricklewood Lodge on a Friday night.

The hotel was easy to find, but then the trouble started! The area is a little rough around the edges, not normally a problem for us but could be concerning to some.

The car park only has room for around 7/8 cars and on this occasion 3 of those spaces were taken up by a work van! We had to ask the work man himself to move the van as the hotel staff weren't keen to help. The nearby roads are residents' permit only.. Worth noting!

Check in time is 2pm according to the booking, we arrived at 3.15pm and were told our room wasn't ready and to come back in 15mins! We loaded the car back up and went for a drink for an hour and when we got back the maids were just finishing. The staff were not very apologetic at the room not being ready for over two hours!

We were not offered anything in compensation of the car park and room issues... Our request for a discount was adamantly refused.

When we got back from our concert at around midnight the noise outside was pretty bad! Screeching cars, horns, backfiring, police sirens just to name a few! Definitely an inner city backdrop, worth noting for light sleepers. Unfortunately we had to keep a window open as it was so hot.

If you overlook the aspects which are only specific to our stay the hotel is basic but very clean, the maids did a great job. It is cheap and cheerful and kind of does what it says on the tin. The area may be of a concern to smaller groups, particularly women, as we seemed to attract unwanted attention from the locals!

Very close to buses and tube with a variety of pubs and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I stayed mid week and I was astounded by the quality of the experience.

I. Whilst it was cheap, I did not expect the room to smell of stale cigarette smoke and be grubby.

2. The owner charges extra for the use of debit cards. He did not say this until after he had started putting the transaction through, and then tried to blame me for not reading a sign, that I could barely see for all of the metal bars across the window. He was then grumpy when I offered to go and get cash

3. When I asked for a receipt he got even grumpier, and started ranting about Muslims on benefits wanting receipts for the council as they were all immigrants wanting hand outs from the state. I explained mine was for my employer, but by this point he was in mid rant.

4. The owner is clearly an immigrant which made the last rant even more offensive.

5. The was lots of traffic going past, which made sleeping impossible;

6. The shower didn't work;

7. I didn't even get a thank you when I handed the key in the next morning.

I won't stay again. And in the interest of common decency I suggest you don't either.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter K
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I liked the accommodation and breakfast. good hotel cleanliness. without disturbance of noise from other rooms. good service. I had no problems with hot or cold water. TV worked but was not compatible with the TV remote.
I stayed in the basement but it was no problem with this as everything was ok.
I sat between 08/07/2011 and 12/08/2011