“A wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Al Sultan

Al Sultan
Reserve with OpenTable
Al Sultan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7,662 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$78
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

I have been visiting Al Sultan for 10 years and have never been disappointed. The food is tasty and beautifully presented, the staff friendly and the ambience comfortable and smart. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

• Visited December 2013

• Arabic first
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Hidden respite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

Looking for a restaurant that could take 9 of us. We had spent the day in the Shepherds Market area for a reunion and wanted a meal together. Al Sultan came to the rescue, finding room for us on Saturday night when everywhere was busy. We all enjoyed the meal especially our visitors from USA. If I was going again I would ensure of a booking just to be safe on getting a table in a popular area for eating.

• Visited December 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Refreshing difference !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

We first discovered Al Sultan many years ago during a trip from Singapore. We discovered it again by accident about 10 years ago & on our infrequent visits to London we try to visit if we have time. We visited again last Sunday for our birthday dinner and we're not disappointed. I think I frightened them somewhat with my allergy problems but following discussions with the chef everything was fine. Recommended for a meal with a difference. Liver with pomegranate as a starter was a special for me, instead of the normal lemon. Their efforts appreciated.

Visited November 2013
Kuwait City, Kuwait
3,101 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 11,005 helpful votes
“Does not amount to what has been praised to me”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

One evening i have been there after been told by my friend that its very good
i went there in the beginning i did not find table i came after 10 pm
they started my service and i order a baby chick with rice plus hums and soft drink

the food was not tasty and warm

before leaving i saw altercation between two waiters about their work talking in Arabic
about finishing work and some other duties ( 15 oct 2013 )

• Visited October 2013
8 Thank bnghanem
Atlanta, GA
“Too many cover charges”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Food was fine. Service was good although it was hard to pay the bill. And when it did arrive... quite a shock.

Any shared item is charged at the full price for the number of people who shared it. "Fried Potatoes" were nothing more than chips which is not very honest and, as for the appetizer, were charged as a full serving for for each diner when we requested to share to avoid over-ordering.

Given that there are 3 other Lebanese restaurants in Shepherd Market, we would not return to this one and would ask some serious questions at any other we visited. Other restaurants in the same area did not employ the punitive charging for sharing that Al Sultan did.

Visited August 2013