“Pretty good.”

Thai Silk Southwark
Reserve with OpenTable
Thai Silk Southwark is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6,065 of 24,429 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Attended with a Meetup group; we each got a 2-course special for £10.00. Despite the large group, the hosts/hostesses served well under the circumstances, and the food was quite good in my opinion. Comfortable ambiance without the pretentiousness of a higher priced restaurant (or higher spending clientele); looks small from the outside but with an outside patio to enjoy London's warmer days, along with it being large inside. I'd eat there again, so maybe you should try it too.

1  Thank ph2072

Reviewed 17 February 2012

I'm not going to write a huge review about this place as I didn't think much of it.

I took a client here after hearing it was a nice place from a friend but was disappointed immediately when we ordered some spring rolls and Thai fish cakes which were delivered to our table within 30 seconds; so were obviously not fresh.

My clients green Thai curry was quite tasty apparently buy my beef dish was poor and pretty dry.

For around about the same price, there are a lot of Thai restaurants in London which are much tastier.

To be fair the Thai silk, it was very busy but it didn’t help that they had one guy standing in the middle of the restaurant directing all the waitresses rather than them looking after a selection of tables. This caused mayhem but was fairly comical when people had food plonked onto their table only for some shouting then for it to be taken away ten seconds later!

Overall, it was below average food and the service was OK but I won't be going back again.

Reviewed 29 January 2012

What a choice of restaurants at the 02! We chose Thai Silk and we were not disappointed. They offered a set meal for £8.95 plus service charge which comprised several starters and a choice of main meal with vegetables and rice or noodles. We ate early and didn't have to queue but there was a long queue when we came out (and at all the other restaurants too). We had quick and efficient service. We thought the food was average but very good value.

Reviewed 29 January 2012

I used to eat at Thai Silk quite regularly when it was sited opposite Waterloo station where Bangalore Express is now - particularly pre-theatre - but visited the relocated restaurant for the first time earlier this month. The first thing to note is that you really need to know where you're going if you're not familiar with the area, it is tucked away under some arches in a side street of bars and restaurants. The restaurant used to be a good choice for a quick meal and was always busy in the evenings. My assessment of Thai Silk has changed somewhat as follows:

The environment - much larger than the previous premises, nicely decorated, ambient, plenty of dining capacity.
The bar - expensive and the bar staff inefficient.
The food - average, but lots of it. The menu was very standard and there wasn't anything that you couldn't make at home. Although nice enough, it didn't feel authentically Thai and certainly lacked the heat you would expect. The food price I thought was reasonable although I was part of a large group with a pre-arranged menu.
The staff - whilst the waiting staff were friendly, courteous and pleasant one of the maitre d's was shockingly rude! Not traditonal Thai hospitality!

I left feeling sated but would I return? Probably not in a hurry based on service alone.

1  Thank I-veritas
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I had a difficult time making my choice in the menu seeing so many options around fish and seafood.
When plates began arriving at the table it was a perfect symphony, everything in place, everything in tune.
Service is helpful, but rather quick.
Prices are high, but we leave the restaurant feeling that it was worth the value.