“Dont eat here”

Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Suffolk
“Dont eat here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Absolutely terrible, the worst Mexican I've ever had. Over priced tasteless rubbish with a compulsory 20% service charge added. Lots of choice in the area for other restaurants I wish I had chosen any of them over this place.

1 Thank JonTheRed

Beirut, Lebanon
“Big portions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

The staff are friendly and pleasant. I saw the restaurant on a website, the meat and chicken is Halal. Food is served with big portions, and they are very delicious. I would go there over and over! I suggest the Buritto!

• Visited March 2011
Penzance, United Kingdom
“Dreadful and disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

This restaurant in Whiteleys, Bayswater, has always been a Tex Mex as another reviewer has pointed out. I have not eaten there often even though I am from the area. Previous incarnations have been ok to good so this evening my husband and I were tempted in by a 50% off voucher.

The voucher entitled you to 50% off the main course and starter food bill only. You still have to pay for service at the full value of the bill which is a bit cheeky.

We ordered the stuffed jalapeños to share, more a bar snack than a starter with only four small peppers surrounding a mound of damp and yellowing iceberg lettuce, but a decent tasting salsa. At 6.75 full price, we already felt a little cheated although paying half price we thought, well, ok.

Then we both ordered the Texas ranger burger for mains. Not a ranch dressing or BBQ sauce in sight, only insipid ketchup. Ubiquitous iceberg soggy lettuce, pallid chips and the driest, most tasteless greasy burger that would even put your local kebab van to shame. No sauce in the burger at all. The cheese was barely worthy of note, the bun was floury. We had to ask for mayonnaise but were initially told they didn't do such sauces so we asked if they had BBQ. The waitress did at least politely enquiry and eventually came back with a small bowl of mayonnaise and BBQ sauce, again watery like the ketchup. We had to drown the burgers in it so it would at least have some flavour.

I could only just through one third of mine before I have up. Washing it down with an over priced margarita that tasted like a premix cocktail and only a small hint of tequila. At at almost 6.00 I could only weep quietly inside.

The overall ambiance was ok and the manner of the service was ok too. We probably chose something that was not their strong point but this was so bad that I deemed it more terrible than poor, particularly as the prices for the quality were so high and the hidden 12.5 service always gets our goat as the menu does not make it obvious, and the card reader is still set to ask for a gratuity. Even with our discount card we felt we paid way too much for a disappointing meal out.

• Visited November 2011
London, United Kingdom
“oustanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

This was my second visit to chillis and we were amazed with the quality of food and the service couldnt fault it it has exeeded all our expectations and with the new stylish decor I think this restaurant tick all the boxes.

• Visited May 2011
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasant experience but wouldn't go again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2011

The food was delicious traditional Mexican cuisine. served beautifully on your plate. service was excellent although quite slow. Wouldn't go again because it's too overpriced for what it is!

• Visited March 2011