“Ridiculously Overpriced”

Chilli's
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Reviewed 4 October 2012

When this restaurant first opened it was called Chi Chi's and was amazing and always bustling with a great menu. Over the years they have changed management so many times that the restaurant has now become a dive. We visited just yesterday. The staff are very attentive, probably because there were only four tables occupied. The menus are ripped with food stains all over them and the food is quite pricey. I don't mind paying a lot if the food is of a high quality and I receive a generous amount. That is definitely not the case here. Small portions of flavourless food that is not presented on the plate with any care. I don't know where the chef did his training, but he is lucky to still have a job. We ordered some cheesy nachos for starters which cost £7.50 and when they arrived there were 6 nachos on the plate. You get more at the cinema!!!!! And they added in a service charge in the bill, how rude!! The only good thing about this restaurant is the strawberry daiquiri they serve which is divine and I had 2. Other than the drinks, don't bother to go. The food is just not worth the money.

There are newer reviews for Chilli's

Reviewed 16 August 2012

I was unlucky enough to have to go to this restaurant after my local faviourites (Loco Mexicano and Taqueria, both highly recommended) were full on a Wednesday. After trying to order a bottle or wine, it turned out they were out of all white and rose wines. I ordered a Margarita instead which is the sourest thing I had ever tasted and I didn't even finish. The food itself was fine, but still a lot to be desired in terms of flavour. The staff was not attentive at all - never brought the tap water we asked for and we literally had to go find them to ask for a chilli sauce and later for the bill. Overall, a very disappointing experience.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

love the burgers and sides.. nice American decor too, but a feel its slightly overpriced

Reviewed 27 June 2012

Me and my friends got a promotion for this restaurant so we thought we'd give it a go :) Portions were massive, very tasteless although the starters were nice as we got a big platter to share. The cocktails are a MUST have. The size and the price are totally worth it. Service was incredible, haven't been in a restaurant with such great customer service which was nice BUT the service charge was a disappointment - very pricey indeed. Won't be visiting again but overall a good experience.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

On queensway st., there is an old department store that now houses three floors of shops, restaurants, a movie theatre and a grocery store. Chilli is on the third floor. The food was delicious, the wait staff attentive.