“Above average ” 3 of 5 bubbles

Sofra
Ranked #3,661 of 22,225 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$56 - US$61
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
hong kong
“Above average ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Location is good, very close to selfridges department store. Turkish food is not my favorite but it's quite good. Waiters are very friendly. They serve very fast. Tonite is quite cold and windy, they turned on heater for us immediately. Price is good, two courses only 15 pounds.

1 Thank piaHongKong

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Sutton Coldfield
“Superb Meal & Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Came across this restaurant by chance whilst in London yesterday, and will definately be going back. We were lucky enough to be able to sit outside and enjoy the atmosphere of busy London. The service was spot on, friendly staff who werent overpowering. Had the set menu was proved excellent value for money...3 courses for £15 and well worth the money, the starter and main were freshly and hot, there wasnt a bit left on our plates. Freezer had broken down so no ice cream which was a shame but one of those things. Paid £80 for 3 of us inc 3 x 3 courses,extra sides,bottle of good wine and soft drinks...so glad we found it :-)

Coventry, United Kingdom
“Turkish Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I was looking for somewhere to have dinner after watching a bbc radio recording nearby, when I came upon this gem. It was a beautiful sunny evening so all of the outside tables were taken, inside was also busy, but I was shown to a table straight away. Yes the tables are quite close together but I found it lends to the atmosphere. As soon as I was seated a dish of lovely warm bread, hummus and olives arrived at the table, I ordered from the set menu and was delighted with my choice, starter: feta and spinach parcels with a chilli dip and small salad, main: beef goulash, plenty of tender beef and mashed potato and finally dessert: such a varied choice, lots of my favourite flavours, I finally decided on homemade ice cream, 3 delicious scoops, I chose Turkish delight, pistachio and apricot with walnut, heaven, the best ice cream I have ever eaten. I tried the yogurt drink which was refreshing. The service was the right pace and I did not feel hurried. There was a very quick turn around once tables became vacant, this place is so popular. I will definitely visit again to try more of the desserts. Less than £20 for 3 courses ad drink and 12% service charge in London fantastic.

Romford, Essex
“Sofra Restaurant. Covent Gardens - Service Slow and Chaotic”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We went there for a birthday meal recently. Although the food was good, I had to wait a half an hour for a starter salad!

The waiter not only waited on 8 tables, but doubled as the doorman opening the door for incoming and outgoing guests. There were two other men, the manager I presume, and his assistant also opening and closing doors. We had no time for a dessert or a coffee after our meal, as the service was so slow. I explained this to our waiter, but got no apology for slow service. Perhaps rather than preening around, the manager should hire more kitchen staff.

A most disappointing experience and one I would not recommend.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Smokeyandthebear
Pietarsaari, Finland
“The food was ok, nothing special”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had to wait for a table and got complimentary wine as we waited. We got a table in about ten minutes in a corner, we could hardly fit in as it was so narrow. The table was small and it was hard to eat at it. We ordered in food from a set menu, we got 8-10 mezes, starters, and could choose a hot dish from the menu. We noticed that the portions we got where smaller than people ordered from the "normal" menu. Our hot dish came on a small plate, we ate it in a few seconds.
They do put on a 12% service charge on your bill, as we know it is not legal to charge it, we asked to pay for everything except the service charges. The restaurants do know about this, but try to get in more money this way. The food was ok, the service very fast, we hardly eaten our starters before we got the main food. You got the feeling like they don't want you to sit there for long. Don't recommend it!