“Great breakfast and great salad at lunchtime”
Review of chop'd

chop'd
Ranked #15,761 of 23,571 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: Healthy, Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Neighbourhood: City of London
Description: Located in the heart of the city in Leadenhall Market. Chop'd uses only the freshest, tastiest, highest quality ingredients in all their salads, soups, stews and wraps to make delicious tasting food. Available to pre-order online.
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Finally I found a great place for porridge, having tried a couple of other local establishments too. I have come back every day since, I guess that is around 5 months now. It is pinhead porridge made with water, you can add milk if you wish and any number of toppings, but I tend to go for the mixed berries/ blueberries or cranberries. If you have coffee too you can have a credit for a free 'breakfast bundle' which means that after 8 visits the next is free. Sometimes the porridge can be dryer and therefore more lumpy than others, but you can always add water.

I also love the select your own salad at lunchtime, very healthy as long as you steer away from the high fat stuff.

1  Thank Lisa S

Reviewed 2 December 2013

The long queue caught my eye as I walked past Leadenhall market. Long queue = good food worth queuing up for, or so I thought. This queue was certainly too long for me to queue due to the limited time I had for lunch, so I decided to return another time during offpeak hours to get my salad.

The instructions are clearly labeled on the top of the restaurant and in view for all to see. however the words are a bit small and I had to squint my eyes to read all of it from a fair distance. So started the process of ordering salad and this was quite a breeze as you can just point to the ingredients you want in your salad from a glass panel display without even opening your mouth. I chose the most basic of salads of GBP5.95. The salads are made on the spot and the dressing used was very tasty. Upon checking out at the counter, I was asked if I wanted a bag but wasn't informed this was an additional charge. As I would taking this quite a distance away, a bag would be handy. The bill came up to be GBP6.25 which set me back. Although the additional 30 pence wasn't a big thing to shout about, there should be clarity on the additional cost.

The salads here are expensive but they are healthy (fresh and made on the spot) and taste well. Overall 3 stars for the quality but expensive meal.

2  Thank greasystains
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

I grab a take away salad here on a regular basis.

You can choose from a prepared salad selection or have a salad made to your own taste.

The prepared salads are slightly cheaper but not as fresh given they are made earlier in the day.

I'd recommend that you have a salad made to your own preferences. If you either bring back your bag or don't use one then you get an extra house vegetable free.

Would recommend that you try.

2  Thank LuckyTim6691
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I visited the Chop'd in Selfridges for lunch today was really impressed!

For £5.95, I created my own salad which consisted of:

- A base - I chose pasta and lettuce
- 3 x house items (plus 1 extra if you don't need a carrier bag!) - I chose carrot, beetroot, chick peas and kidney beans
- A deli item - I chose humous
- A garnish - I chose croutons
- A dressing - I chose honey and herb

The salad is then mixed and put in a tub for you to take away. The portion is HUGE and could easily be shared between 2 people.

The quality is excellent and very fresh.

I'm so pleased I stumbled upon Chop'd and know I will be a regular!

1  Thank ABB_Lon
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Just happened upon this restaurant while walking from the boat trip back to Liverpool station.We were pleasantly surprised to get such nice freshly prepared salad & coffee at such a reasonable price in the middle of London.Using the facilities of the Bar across from the Restaurant was the only think I was unsure of.Excellent value for London.

1  Thank aine33